ZYBAK

QUESTIONS NEEDED - Zybak interview with J Todd and Blair

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

From various media pieces, I interpret that longer campaigns are an ACE design objective.  Numbers like 6 months or even 90 days seem far too long to me.  I am interested to know what the current thought process is on campaign length?  And, if you subscribe to longer campaigns why you feel this will be better than shorter campaigns with more frequent fresh starts under potentially varying rule sets.   

Edited by Cosian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cosian said:

From various media pieces, I interpret that longer campaigns are an ACE design objective.  Numbers like 6 months or even 90 days seem far too long to me.  I am interested to know what the current thought process is on campaign length?  And, if you subscribe to longer campaigns why you feel this will be better than shorter campaigns with more frequent fresh starts under potentially varying rule sets.   

Personally I hoping to recreate the "great servers" of shadowbane with long time play like mourning and entropy.  Give me 6 month+ servers or give me death!!!    This is actually a good question @Cosian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they plan on adding a dueling system to the game. I want to test out my builds against friends but dont want to port my character to a EK every time we want to fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NeatGuy said:

Do they plan on adding a dueling system to the game. I want to test out my builds against friends but dont want to port my character to a EK every time we want to fight.

They have never once mentioned.  I think you're stuck using EK's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the plan for barriers? Many barriers give a flat amount of protection that doesn't scale and many don't even say how much protection is given. Why not make all barriers give a percentage of max HP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arkade said:

What is the plan for barriers? Many barriers give a flat amount of protection that doesn't scale and many don't even say how much protection is given. Why not make all barriers give a percentage of max HP?

I've asked for this in every healer thread I have made on the dev partner boards, not one time has it been acknowledged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if any changes to vendors are coming?  Specifically are there plans to allow for setting up buy orders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wrain said:

That doesn't answer the question.  The game is FOCUSED SO HEAVILY on crafting its NOT FUN for people who WANT TO spend 24/7 Pving/PvPing.   

Crowfall in its current state is like wanting to go to a STEAK house for dinner and they bring out a giant main-course of vegetables (aka crafting/work). 

So you ask the waiter, "Where's the steak?".

waiter responds..."ohhhhhh its that little side-dish there..enjoy!"

 

 

It currently takes a little over an hour to get a full set of crafted advance gear and weapons solo now when u cant swap out disc it may be an issue but atm its easy enough to get a basic sec on game opening and by then somone should have a vendor up selling armor that wants to play the crafting game, the thing is gold worth squat all so im not inclinded to sell my crafted good cause i cant purchase anything i need myself with said gold so realy gold has no value appart from sacraficing to level 30 but frames are better at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering what would be done for people wandering around, looking for a pvp fight.  I have wandered around for hours looking to fight anyone, with nobody in sight, and me just wandering around looking pathetically for anyone.

  Maybe a minimap with a skull or something where a couple groups are congregated and fighting or something?   Anything, really...  I'm tired of bashing rocks and want to be able to find a fight, or an enemy character at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pratekya said:

I was wondering what would be done for people wandering around, looking for a pvp fight.  I have wandered around for hours looking to fight anyone, with nobody in sight, and me just wandering around looking pathetically for anyone.

  Maybe a minimap with a skull or something where a couple groups are congregated and fighting or something?   Anything, really...  I'm tired of bashing rocks and want to be able to find a fight, or an enemy character at least.

Keeps have daily siege times. You can always take part in those. Populations aren't always that high during testing. I'm sure you'll find plenty of action when the servers are more full. Make sure to coordinate with other people in your faction via Zone chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pratekya said:

I was wondering what would be done for people wandering around, looking for a pvp fight.  I have wandered around for hours looking to fight anyone, with nobody in sight, and me just wandering around looking pathetically for anyone.

  Maybe a minimap with a skull or something where a couple groups are congregated and fighting or something?   Anything, really...  I'm tired of bashing rocks and want to be able to find a fight, or an enemy character at least.

Join a guild Bc running around solo puts you at a gear and numbers disadvantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Question 1:

In and out or Five guys.

Question 2:

In light of recent politics...can we get a campaign zone with a huge wall in it? Funnel traffic toward the middle of the map...

Question 3:

When will we be able to play the class that shall not be named but has been in the works for years now....

Edited by Deernado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deernado said:

Question 3:

When will we be able to play the class that shall not be named but has been in the works for years now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are their plans for end game character progression? Getting to 30, upgrading vessels, and passive training seems to be all their is.

For example Dark Age of Camelot had a system where you gained realm ranks doing PvP that earned you new abilities. And it took a really long time to reach realm rank 12. I think that system really keep a lot of players motivated to pvp and grow their character to make it more powerful and also for reputation. The early ones who reached RR12 were really proud of that achievement.

Expanding the leader boards might help a lot to keep players interested in playing for a long time. Being number one in deaths for example might be a long term goal for someone if that was tracked as a crazy example. But someone would do it if it were so. Tracking the stats of players over years instead of just campaign to campaign could make leaderboards competitive. But include healing, player resurrections, defense of keeps/towers/ forts. Maybe even include harvesting and crafting info. 

What will keep them playing for years on the same character?

Also, are there any plans to increase training for actively doing things? I like the whole passive "Eve" skill training. But I also feel that if I log in on launch day and actively break ore nodes for 3 months, and some other character logs in and activates his training and then does not play for 3 months, I SHOULD be a lot better at doing it than him. With the current system that will not be so. Why not combine passive and active training? The active could be a fraction of the passive...but at least I would feel like doing things in the game would be progressing my character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q1: Are they confident the lag issues can be handled?

Q2: What are their plans to give Gold back it's value? It's a big issue - Crafters don't sell their goods to new players, because they want green/blue ressources for it and new players can't acces it, because harvesters don't sell green/blue for Gold.

Q3: Do they realy think it's a good idea to give iron a higher value? It's the only mandetory ressource in crafting armour - why? Do they plan to expand the system to other ressources? Why? I don't see a reason to do so... If they answer with realism (armour made out of silver is stupid) i would argue the same for mostly all other recipes. Only jewelry would work then.

Q4: Ask them to hand out some numbers regarding the testing - how many unique players (and how long) - what class, race and promotion class did they choose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FearMe said:

Q2: What are their plans to give Gold back it's value? It's a big issue - Crafters don't sell their goods to new players, because they want green/blue ressources for it and new players can't acces it, because harvesters don't sell green/blue for Gold.

Not only do we need a reason to want more gold, aside from sacrifice, we need a reason to want to trade precious resources for that gold rather than just farming the gold for ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, moneda said:

Oh, and speaking of the map, can we get some clarification regarding the scoreboard?

- What contributes to my personal score?
- Does someone I kill have to be level 30 for it to count? Do they have to belong to a guild? (I've seen both of those "theories" bandied about on streams with zero evidence to back them up but with total belief that both are true.) Is there a cooldown on how long between successive kills on one person will be counted?
- Should the accumulated individual scores of all members of a guild equal the score attributed to their guild atop the board of their faction?

I'm sure I could come up with some more questions if I wanted but my point in asking them is that none of us even know if the scoreboard or point accumulation in general is even working right now and I'd like that not to be the case. Can we get a rundown on how it should be working currently?

I'd like an explanation of how the scoreboard should be working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FearMe said:

Q4: Ask them to hand out some numbers regarding the testing - how many unique players (and how long) - what class, race and promotion class did they choose.

I really wouldnt mind seeing such data. If I was the DEVs I would even consider making such data public after each campaign. It is, from what I can see at least, completely harmless...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I really wouldnt mind seeing such data. If I was the DEVs I would even consider making such data public after each campaign. It is, from what I can see at least, completely harmless...

We asked before and were told to wait till all of the classes were in.  Looking back I'm feeling like we were duped since FW isn't coming out till emulated cf launch in 2031.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Could not the craft system be improved to allow the player more interaction during the gathering and creation of items? Active commands instead of just waiting passively like:1- observe, 2- adjust, 3- manipulate, and 4- rest instead of just changing the tool?

Edited by hamon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.