Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZYBAK

QUESTIONS NEEDED - Zybak interview with J Todd and Blair

Hey guys. I'm going to be doing an interview with J Todd Coleman and Thomas Blair on Thursday January 10 from 11am - 12pm CST.

This will be streamed live to Twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/zybak

It will also be available later on my YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/ZybakTV

This is not going to be a marketing interview and I plan on asking many of the tough questions the community has been wanting answers to. Please leave your questions however make sure they're not disrespectful.

Nice.  Cool vids also.

I'm dying to know how track is going to work.  Will it be like in Shadowbane?  Will it be similar?  Will it be totally different?  Will it just be the map making skill they talked about previously.  It has huge implicating to balancing stealth and reveal.

Posted (edited)

I'm curious about how they see the state of the capture system for outposts, forts, & keeps, and what their thoughts are on how to move forward from here.

Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)

How has the player concurrency numbers looked so far through 5.8, and what are their expectations and planning (world size, servers, etc) for the "sanctioned" campaign?

Edited by ren

Thanks for doing this :)

1. Given that we're in pre-alpha and trying to test features, why can't we respec vessels (for a fee, or free)? Having to level new vessels of the same class because of a misclick doesn't seem like a good use of play-tester time.

2. Are there any plans for voice-chat? There are hints in game, and a great discussion in the General section.

Thanks for doing this @ZYBAK  :) 

• Summit1G love treasure maps in Sea of Thieves. So crafting is part and have a major role in the core design in Crowfall, but will we see other methods and a new core design feature to acquire pvp end game items if you avoid the whole crafting topic?  

When are they going to concentrate on the lag issues once you get 30+ people? 

When are they going to address the broken devtracker? Do they even know its been broken?

Are they inclined to shallow out the gear power curve between common gear and legendary?

Is there any plans to allow EK's to stay open without having account holder stay online? 

What do you feel that the testing of this patch has accomplished thus far, aside from minor bug fixes?

What are your general feelings on how the game is being played out on the current live servers? Is there anything you think you have done extremely well, or anything you feel could be done better?

Has there been an experience in this patch where a player has done something unexpected and what was your reaction to it?

Posted (edited)

PLEASE!!!j Ask them why this game is so heavily focused on CRAFTING!  This was supposed to be CROWFALL, aka war throne simulator...its seriously CRAFT-ALL. :(  There is zero reason for me to log-in, bash trees/rocks/stand and cap points...its not fun. :( 

Edited by Wrain

Posted (edited)

1) As in Star Wars Galaxies, Are we getting above character head "text Titles" of completed tree skills/masteries/branches. Or a option to examine a player for further info on player roles in large factions? ....Helps to find a specific profession advertising player needed for certain higher tier crafting mats or combat skill offerings for quick grouping if they so choose to display a service title?

2) An alternative to voice comms and to reduce clutter of fast scrolling chat box spam resulting in a miss read... Is it possible to do "Proximity Chat Bubbles"? Even if it just a head up display displaying nothing but "..." above their head in certain zones to indicate a player in front of you said something in chat. Or maybe a character limit / reduced text size/ way above character if your in "combat" to still be able to still see your action combat targets? (+ allow the option to turn on/off of course) .
....In my opinion they are immediate attention catching, and would give starting zones a more lively city like feeling of player advertising to their EK vendor server names/finding certain skill offerings/rare item offers/giveaways to late joiners/guild recruiters/etc... plus other fun social stuff toward enemy faction.)

Edited by DealsTru

Posted (edited)

Question 1
What PvE focus element will you be implementing into the game to appease the PvE crowd.
Im a pvp focused player and i am yet to see a PvP focus game be successful without decent PvE elemtents aswell. Take darkfall for example amazing PvP game but lacked any real PvE to keep that crowd interested, so population quickly dropped off to the point where it couldnt even retain the PvP players due to lack of population for them to hunt.

Due to unpopular beleive a solid PvE system is required for a PvP game to maintain a solid population, just no instances please :D there the worst thing in the world. personly i would like to see things like rare named mobs that drop decent stuff things like weapon blueprints/scroll for different weapons for blacksmiths to use that are worth farming. These mobs should have higher spawn rate in fall/winter, it also add for exploration elements too.

The game has solid Crafting and PvP systems (They do need to be refined still like territory system) but with a lack of a good PvE system im affraid the game may been doomed to failure like Darkfall (Which was a rather similiar game to crowfall to a degree) due to lower population.

Question 2
How are you gonna expand the territory system? the tower/camps/fort and all that are all well and good but when u can backdoor cap everything with no real opposition they dont tend to serve a purpose appart from points. a territory system where you can back cap so we knoch where front line for PvP is happening would help the game immensly on the PvP side of things and would make camps/towers more valuable because they offer buffer zones for your forts so you can kinda got time to set up a defence.

Question 3
Any plans to tone back the retaliate ability? Right now CC is almost pointless and alot of classes have a CC variant but with how often you can use retaliate it kinda defeats the purpose of those classes even existing. Those classes either need a unique talent or skill that makes atleast one of there CC in there kit unable to be E out of.
My suggestion is as followed
- Increased the E stamina cost to atleast 75
- Give CC classes a stamina drain on there CC attacks for like 25-40 stamina this would reduce how often they Can E out of the CC
- Or give CC classes a CC skill that puts the E of the opponent hit on like a 2 Second CD which means it cant be E'ed out of instantly

Edited by veeshan

4 hours ago, Wrain said:

PLEASE!!!j Ask them why this game is so heavily focused on CRAFTING!  This was supposed to be CROWFALL, aka war throne simulator...its seriously CRAFT-ALL. :(  There is zero reason for me to log-in, bash trees/rocks/stand and cap points...its not fun. :( 

Cause its also about supplies hence why resources are scarcer as things go on. When gold isnt worthless u may see more items being sold like equipment right now for me i would rather trade my items for useful crafting items like dust/gems however since there no one selling dust gems or green+ resources there no reason for me to sell things cause i cant buy what i need with that gold.

Posted (edited)

Question, the game in its current state is unable to manage large scale battles, it is unplayable. Are you confident these issues are fixable and can you confirm what measures you intend to take to ensure the game with its USP (Throne War mmo) is achievable with decent performance?

(This is the single biggest problem with the game effecting every single tester, let’s see if you have the balls to ask it Zybak).

Edited by Atome

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, veeshan said:

Cause its also about supplies hence why resources are scarcer as things go on. When gold isnt worthless u may see more items being sold like equipment right now for me i would rather trade my items for useful crafting items like dust/gems however since there no one selling dust gems or green+ resources there no reason for me to sell things cause i cant buy what i need with that gold.

That doesn't answer the question.  The game is FOCUSED SO HEAVILY on crafting its NOT FUN for people who WANT TO spend 24/7 Pving/PvPing.   

Crowfall in its current state is like wanting to go to a STEAK house for dinner and they bring out a giant main-course of vegetables (aka crafting/work). 

So you ask the waiter, "Where's the steak?".

waiter responds..."ohhhhhh its that little side-dish there..enjoy!"

Edited by Wrain

1. Any plans to stop multiple accounts owned by the same player being on all the factions so they can "spy"?

2. Can we please change the durability losses for death? atm when you die you fly back to your corpse ( still way to slow ) you get your corpse back but die again and again and again as you currently can't fight back due to DEATH SHROUD! It's also to easy to corpse camp and recalling your corpse back to a statue costs to much durability loss. At least remove Death Shroud if you fly back or make it that recalling your corpse to a statue has no extra loss but you gain death shroud.

3. When are you planning to optimise the game? Currently due to the amount of bad lag we get in large fights or just hitching while running about, we can't really tell if the game can handle these large scale fights at all. If you wait to long how do you really know the game engine can really handle all the extra players you will get when release comes. Could you possibly optimise the current patch so we could test it properly?   

I would like to know if there are any plans to balance/limit player numbers per faction prior to the first sanctioned campaign. This type of thing might not be very popular, but as it stands now theoretically every active guild could join one faction and stomp anyone unfortunate enough to not be on that side. Right now, not a big deal but 'when it counts', winning will matter and it is a real potential outcome.  It would be a real waste of time for every siege to end up being 100v10 as nothing would be gained testing wise.