Sign in to follow this  
Eckce

New player experience

Early access review:

Give me cooking foil and cooking sticks with a r1 requirement, what really are you teaching me when I can't regen? Slag the requirements, you're just being mean. It should be way easier to regen at a low level, don't punish me. I feel like I haven't made this point seriously enough, please cooking with slag kthnxbai.

Architectural frames have an unfair advantage to leveling up. I barely played the game for less than an hour and spent the next six hours building frames, now I'm level 30. I didn't earn this, should I complain?

How else can I get to 30? There aren't enough mobs

Yes that is correct concering stone or wood frames, and spot on about creatures @Eckce - welcome to craftfall. I thought it was a design level exploit - not sure what is going on. 

The game is still in pre-alpha. The new player experience is far from complete. Cooking was just added to the game. The newbie zones were just added to the game. They just changed the way leveling works and added the talent system. If you are expecting everything to work smoothly in a pre-alpha game, sorry.

If you aren't regenerating your resource, it's because you let your food meter drop below 70%. See that red debuff on the upper right side of your UI? The one that says "Hungry - No Regens"? Eat some food.

Architectural frames are easy to make and give a lot of XP. I'm sure that's just an oversight on their part and the XP will be reduced. There are plenty of mobs if you know where to look. The named areas in adventure zones have lots of mobs, though yes, there do need to be more out in the open world.

All of this is a work in progress. Any bugs you find or any feedback you want to give, post it in the current bugs and feedback thread on the testing forum.

32 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The game is still in pre-alpha. The new player experience is far from complete.

^This

They still have to figure out what the Old Player Experience is actually going to be. Once they know that, they can guide new players into it.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:00 AM, VaMei said:

^This

They still have to figure out what the Old Player Experience is actually going to be. Once they know that, they can guide new players into it.

I thought we, the players, would figure out what our "old player experience" was supposed to be . . . in the sandbox . . . as opposed to the dev house themeparking that based on a (more, as opposed to less) scripted lane-feed.

The CWs should be large enough to support/allow all playstyles, without being so large groups become superfluous and without being so small any "solo" activity of any kind is simply impossible.  Conquest of the CW through it's lifespan was, generally, the scoreboard goal, if you will, with the ebb and flow, back and forth of competative activity within that CW organically occurring based on the guilds and individuals competing in that CW.

Within all of that you have some distinct choices for yourself:  Crafting, Gathering, Hunting/fighting, Marketing/buy-and-sell, and developing each to whatever mix suits you and/or is optimal.

The "Old Game Experience" then would involve, at least in my opinion, the gaining of experience as a player, developing newbs to the guild based on that, honing strats and tactics to improve our success rates in CWs, managing friend vs foe relationships and diplomacy, managing the acquisition of assets and wealth for improved position and/or capabilities, etc.

In your view, what do you think a well implemented "Old Player Experience" is supposed to be?

By 'Old Player Experience', I simply meant to say that they need to finish making the game into whatever it will be before putting much effort into creating an instructional introduction for new players.