ACE_Jackal

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/8/19

4 hours ago, Sogar said:

I'm not sure if that have been reported or not but in my Vanguard Scout spec with dual pistols, I can only get 4 shots of rapid fire even with 5 pips (4 shots is for 1 pip, 5 should get 20).

You have to hold down the button while firing Rapid Fire.

Leather armor takes more materials to craft than other armor types, and accumulating those mats takes longer than other harvesting types. Considering how bad leather armor is, surely this must be a mistake in a spreadsheet somewhere....  :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

I believe I've stumbled upon the Brigand permastealth bug previously reported by @Tinnis.

It involves a fairly common rotation of powers, so it's quite likely that others have found it or will find it. 

PM me for details (devs, not exploiters).

Edited by Pwca
left out a word

7 minutes ago, Pwca said:

I believe I've stumbled upon the Brigand permastealth bug previously reported by @Tinnis.

It involves a fairly common rotation of powers, so it's quite likely that others have found it or will find it. 

PM me for details (devs, not exploiters).

If you want to inform the devs of a potential exploit without spreading it here, I would suggest emailing them with details.  support@crowfall.com

13 hours ago, moneda said:

I think I've noticed this happen much more often in larger fights, but Confessor tornadoes will intermittently just "fizzle," going on cooldown but never appearing.

This happens with anything in our chain & absolution.  Absolution can do the same  do no damage but take the resource cost.  I'm not sure if its packet loss or some sort of sync issue.

17 minutes ago, Jah said:

If you want to inform the devs of a potential exploit without spreading it here, I would suggest emailing them with details.  support@crowfall.com

Done.  I just posted here to get multiple sets of eyeballs on the problem.  Thanks.

19 hours ago, Asim said:

I didn't know.  Why was I able to use the runic components when making axes and throwing hammers?

19 hours ago, Jah said:

A bug.

Bows can similarly use runic components right now where it shouldn't be possible.

6 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

You have to hold down the button while firing Rapid Fire.

Oh ok, it should then be considered a channeled ranged attack and not instant (and have a channel bar since it is kinda hard to know when the channel is finished.

6 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Leather armor takes more materials to craft than other armor types, and accumulating those mats takes longer than other harvesting types. Considering how bad leather armor is, surely this must be a mistake in a spreadsheet somewhere....  :rolleyes:

I'll also add that, as far as the community knows, we can't add crafting bonus to leather armors, hopefully it's going to get fixed when soft leather comes around ... it's kinda annoying to rely on a blacksmith to craft your own armor as a crafter.

I think it would be really helpful if the visual tray switch (Healing/Damage, Melee/Ranged) was more snappy. I used to wait to see the new tray to appear before I started using my other abilities, when in fact they were available immediately to me.

Thanks for your hard work!

Edited by SmokeTrail
Clarification

Got disconnected while in my EK along with another person. Could not get back into the EK on that character - it showed as with the option to enter, but would not load. The EK was showing 2/12 online.

Logged in with a different character, and it loaded in to my previous character in the EK. Disconnected friend was still standing there, but their client was completely closed down.

I was in the middle of an experiment on an armor piece. After coming back in, it correctly brought up the experiment page of the crafting table, but cannot run the experiment. The first time I opened the crafting table, I could select pips in a stat, but the button to run the experiment never activated. After closing the window and re-opening the crafting table, the experiment page comes up and shows available points, but I cannot select any pips to spend and because of that cannot advance the crafting state.

The hunger crystals in the beachhead starter zones are stacking up to 6 deep.  You approach one to harvest it and you can watch your chicken tickers drop to 0.  If you do harvest one, another appears underneath it instantly.   Why are there even hunger shards in the starter zone?  If the beachhead is supposed to be a safe region, you'd think it would be safe from the hunger too.

17 hours ago, Sogar said:

Oh ok, it should then be considered a channeled ranged attack and not instant (and have a channel bar since it is kinda hard to know when the channel is finished.

Speaking of which, I'd like to voice a preference for changing the controls for channeled powers generally. I'd much prefer they function like a toggle rather than a press-and-hold. Once I press the key to activate the power it should channel for it's full duration unless I press the key a second time to end the channel (or use some other ability which would also end it). This would be great for Rapid Fire and Barrage for Rangers at least.

Two campaigns ago i invested in the $100 package to get my guild, Midnight Nation, up and running. We still dont have guild banners in game and we are not showing up on the scoreboard. We’ve had guild chat since the day i purchased the package and created the guild. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, Nerd said:

If you don't put enough gold into your vendor's coffers and it goes inactive, everything that you listed disappears when you pay the bill.

Not sure if this is intentional or not but I dislike this mechanic.

This is intended - if your vendor has not been paid via gold, it will absorb items in its inventory as payment until it runs out and closes down.

23 minutes ago, LordofCake said:

This is intended - if your vendor has not been paid via gold, it will absorb items in its inventory as payment until it runs out and closes down.

Really?  Are you sure about that? That was never true in the past.

In the past day I have gotten a bug 3 times where I swap stances and am unable to use any skill, including Jump, Retaliate and Ultimate, for 30s. It looks like my Trays are on a GCD...for 30s
And I can't do anything except move. Even faking a log out does not fix this.

The Champion Barbarian talent called Brutal Followup should reset the cooldown on Spinning Backfist and Kick Sand after using Brutal Warriorbut it currently does not reset the cooldown at all, regardless whether you hit an enemy at all, or whiff.