ACE_Jackal

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/8/19

The walls when building in your personal kingdom do not link to gate pieces or arch wall pieces. I've also noticed that the grid alignment keeps straying off by about .01 - .05 degrees (i cant remember the exact number) at times. i do not know what causes the pieces to stray those few degrees. when Dashing inside my kingdoms keep, i fall through the floor or dont dash at all, wasting a charge. The same thing happens on walls with the middle corridor and ramp leading to the top of the wall.

I understand its preAlpha and other fixes take priority. i just wanted to bring this up as well to keep in mind.

3 hours ago, LordofCake said:

Yes - it's a newer feature :)

I've never seen patch note and article that mentions that. In 5.7 and prior, if the vendor ran out of money, it would close but the items would remain.

Maybe they don't want people to just use the vendor as storage without paying, but that seems like a pretty harsh way to deal with it, if true. 

Since Duelist can only wear leather armor and lacks any substantial access to self healing, the cooldown on their primary/only defensive skill, Redirect Pain, seems extremely long at 45 seconds. Many similar defensive skills or buffs seem to allow an approximate 66%-75% uptime, which assuming 5 pips (18 seconds of the redirection), would mean the cooldown might be better somewhere between 24 and 30 seconds. Even if this means nerfing the heal-over-time that Dirge gets on the skill, (which I don't think would be necessary anyway) reducing the cooldown will go a long way for making the skill feel relevant and usable. As it stands, it is somewhat hard to justify casting it or putting it on your bar, since it can only really be used once per engagement.

Having Dodge Pips generating as they currently do is quite frustrating when you have a power that takes away Dodge Pips only to have your target Dodge within 2-3s.
Perhaps something similar to what Rend used to do is happening, where the pips are being taken away from a nearby target besides the one that took the attack's damage.

The instantaneous Damage associated with Druid Orbs converted by Blight...is this intentional or are we expecting a return of the animation time providing some ability to escape when the Blight first converts?

Edited by Scorn

Don't know what was happening but I recognized a lot of connection issues right around the last hour (12:00 CEST). First I recognized sporadic but really huge ping spikes (30-40 straight up to 500-600ms) for brief seconds.

Then I got thrown back to the home screen. After that I still could log into the campaign (Fae - EU) but also been stuck in a "connecting to world" loop until eventually I got back to the home screen again. Logging to another character was still possible. 

Can't really tell if restarting solved the issue or the server just needed some time to successfully locate my character again. Had 3 of this disconnects happening in a timeframe of 30min.

My outgoing connection seems to be fine according to my logs.

Rangers bow Range distance modifier on bow does not work. I think i know what is happeneing and this may be indirectly why archer tree kinda sucks due to lack of range.

I have 2 bows one 17m and another 22.69 meters my range modifier is 19m cap of 20 so i havant hit the cap
17+19 = 36m
22.69+19 = 41.69m
However my current range is maxed out at 34 meters which made no sense then i relised something the old range of bows before they got a range modifer on them that was changeable was only 15 meters
15+19 = 34m range which is what i currently have and wont budge with any bow i put on.

Maximim archer range will be 35 meters if they cap out range no matter the bow range which sucks hopefully get fixed soon after this :)

the fact when crafting bows u can put experimentation pips in the range to boost it tells me its meant to do something not just be 15m from the bow no matter what.

Edit: Can we please remove call of fire passive or atleast before it activated dont like making a big bang noise every time i pull my bow off nothing says run away like a gunshot noise.

Edited by veeshan

Treated Leather doesn't seem to behave correctly in leather crafting. Because it is crafted individually, and with experimentation gets its own stat numbers, Treated Leathers do not stack. However, the leather armor recipes that call for this material ask for 2 in a stack (boots, helmet, gloves) or 4 in a stack (chest). This is not possible, and any attempt to stack them together merely replaces the single pieces with whatever you're adding. You can only use 1 Treated Leather per armor piece, in other words. 

5 minutes ago, BleakSymphony said:

Treated Leather doesn't seem to behave correctly in leather crafting. Because it is crafted individually, and with experimentation gets its own stat numbers, Treated Leathers do not stack. However, the leather armor recipes that call for this material ask for 2 in a stack (boots, helmet, gloves) or 4 in a stack (chest). This is not possible, and any attempt to stack them together merely replaces the single pieces with whatever you're adding. You can only use 1 Treated Leather per armor piece, in other words. 

This should be resolved by the introduction of factories/thralls.

30 minutes ago, elowallo said:

I'm disappointed that I can't anymore use Master of Bows to get a centaur archer. When will centaur ranger be available?

You can if you equip Arcane Archer or Sharpshooter.

Don't really think this spring, summer, fall, and winter thing is working out like you guys wanted. Spring and Summer, have lots of people doing stuff. Once fall hits, the game becomes dead. Very interesting considering it's a pvp game, but harvesters are determining the play.

I get it, not everything is in. But hard to test things out and keep going if no one is playing because a bunch of broken mechanics that are waiting for a later patch.

1. Being in combat breaks your gear, whether you're standing there doing nothing or fighting. Dying breaks it more and rezzing at the shrine even more. When farming resources is controlled by some seasons mechanic and already takes so much resources to make, people don't want to break their gear for no reason.

2. People spirit banking stuff from anywhere. Kill someone harvesting--well too bad. They already spirit banked their stuff and you get nothing out of it except pvp for pvp sake--which would be fine, if your gear wasn't breaking from being in combat, necessitating a constant flow of materials to manage.

3. If it's not spring or summer, harvesters don't want to harvest as much. Or they jump to EU to do it in relative safety.  This is broken, causes a drought of players to be on, sidesteps the pvp mechanic. Spirit banking means they can even have a whole different character on the other server to feed their characters on the NA server. 

4. And by extension it means that people are crafting in the safety of their EK and just sending everything over.

These mechanics are just making testing bad with the drought of activities. With points meaning absolutely nothing, people only get serious about defending and take a keep for early farm spots. Durability system, Spirit Banks, and hopping servers/EK for safety make things so empty :(

On 1/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, Yoink said:

The current implementation of mounts could use some adjusting.

Not only that, but mounts need a longer cast time before mounting up. Ya, they are seriously seriously effing broken. DIzzy, stun, roots and won't dismount people running. Kind of thing that makes me want to just quit until devs get it together and fix their game to be playable now, not eventually at launch.

Edited by Navystylz

14 hours ago, BleakSymphony said:

Since Duelist can only wear leather armor and lacks any substantial access to self healing, the cooldown on their primary/only defensive skill, Redirect Pain, seems extremely long at 45 seconds. Many similar defensive skills or buffs seem to allow an approximate 66%-75% uptime, which assuming 5 pips (18 seconds of the redirection), would mean the cooldown might be better somewhere between 24 and 30 seconds. Even if this means nerfing the heal-over-time that Dirge gets on the skill, (which I don't think would be necessary anyway) reducing the cooldown will go a long way for making the skill feel relevant and usable. As it stands, it is somewhat hard to justify casting it or putting it on your bar, since it can only really be used once per engagement.

Most specs don't have access to sell healing. Redirect Pain and Lay Low from Agent Provocateur will give you more healing than most get. That's actually decent healing too compared to what the other Discs offer for healing.

3 hours ago, elowallo said:

I'm disappointed that I can't anymore use Master of Bows to get a centaur archer. When will centaur ranger be available?

It's mind boggling that Centaurs can't be Rangers. Built in horde archers. Come on ACE!

On 1/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, SoBaDStrange said:

Two campaigns ago i invested in the $100 package to get my guild, Midnight Nation, up and running. We still dont have guild banners in game and we are not showing up on the scoreboard. We’ve had guild chat since the day i purchased the package and created the guild. 

For an issue like this, I recommend emailing support@crowfall.com.

When we craft, maybe just for now, let us press the space bar (or a bound key) to advance through the crafting menus. This would make crafting feel less tedious for players that can't mass-craft. Thanks for all you guys do.

Encountered an issue on 1/11/2019 about 20 minutes after the evening Keep assault window started. Was running around with a guild member and died. Guild member rezzed me and then after that anything that required F to interact with would not work. About 5 minutes later the server reset.

Hello today at around 1900 PST on NA my wood elf druid glitched and I had permanent wood elf stealth. It used no stamina, didn't disappear while moving, and didn't end on it's own. I could harvest, kill creatures,  loot boxes, and I attacked one enemy player who couldn't see me. We chatted after to confirmed he couldn't see me.

I didn't get a chance to test whether logging out and back in fixed it (presumably it would have) because my client hard locked and I am unable to get back into the game yet.

I'll email support with details on how I think this happened.

In the recent livestream, you you guys mentioned that you didn't know the combination of powers that lead to FPS and Performance dropping dramatically. 
We just had a PVP engagement where as soon as abilities cast, we dropped frames worse than I've ever seen before.

I myself dropped down to one frame roughly every 4 seconds, others got below 5 FPS. I typically get around 50 FPS in Keeps and Temple.

We were all partied up. Perhaps some combination of these class abilities were causing the situation, we suspect Cleric abilities:
Our group makeup:
Paladin Templar
Barbarian Champ
Arbiter Cleric
Crusader Cleric
Warden Ranger

Hope this helps in finding the cause.

Why is there a persistent mouse bug that basically makes your mouse jerk the screen 180 degrees if you move it? It's a micro stutter, then because you are moving the mouse during that stutter, like camera panning, it jerks the camera view.

This same issue and bug exist in SWTOR and makes it super annoying to play. Not sure if it is a base engine problem, but no other MMO's I've played have this issue. Just Crowfall and SWTOR.

Hard to play when you move, your camera spins another direction and you start going the wrong way.