ACE_Jackal

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/8/19

DRUID

I used Arch-Druid's Grasping Roots on a player at full health and he didn't take dmg with it on. So I tested it on the pigs in the temple, and when full health, any damage they took after applying Grasping Roots healed back if it wasn't a 1 shot. I  tried it on some spiders and it didn't happen. So it's an inconsistent bug.

EDIT: Also for the love of god, get Coalesce Life to go where you aim. Not double the distance, not under a wall, not under a floor, not able to be used on ramps, not wondering if you're going to die because your orbs are useless and so isn't Will-o-the-Wisp.

Edited by Navystylz

9 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Drop group and be amazed.

We know, but this is a bug report and so I'm trying to report the situations surrounding the bug :)

Hi I'm sorry if this has been reported previously (I couldn't find it) but I noticed that occasionally (every few minutes) my mouse cursor/camera will jump to a different angle than where I was facing. It is very disorienting when it happens and it happens rather frequently. I asked in General chat and people said it's a bug and they experience it too, just want to know if it's being worked on. Genuinely the only thing making the game uncomfortable right now. Thanks!

• Still unable to harvest weapon additive hunger shards in fall/winter despite having it trained.  Please fix the plentiful issue with hunger shards.
  • When you first approach a hunger with a hammer equipped the tooltip for wrong tool pops up.  Hammers work fine on hunger shards, as they always have.
  • Please give us a way in the settings to turn off those tooltips permanently.
  • Please give us a way to leave general chat intentionally.
  • Please let us re-arrange the order in which our characters appear in the lobby.

Can we do something about some of the heals that travel at a tortoise pace and constantly misses people because they are moving like a rabbit on drugs? If heals are only meant for stationary targets, will make for a very boring game-play.

Spells like  Will-o-the-Wisp, and Water Spirits. The heal is so small and makes it even worse to hit the button when a slight side step means no heal. For that matter Fountain of Life isn't that much better. I get it they aren't supposed to mass aoe heal, but the 5m range, and/or slow projection speeds make someone standing in place and sneezing, not get the heal.

Edited by Navystylz

If you place a piece from one of the stacks of walls, towers, etc in the test fort pack and then pick it up to move it, it ends up renamed as "Building" and no longer stacks with the previous stack of pieces. Also the piece alignment and socketing seems to always prefer the incorrect orientation. The rotation keys are too coarse and don't allow for consistent alignment - some pieces are aligned to the grid, and some aren't, and it's not possible to rotate in small enough increments to get pieces back to proper alignment.

Also, unpacking that pack really needs about 3x the current total spirit bank capacity.

Additional note: after placing a few pieces, I stopped being able to move my character.

Another addition: after placing a bunch of fort pieces in my EK, entering my EK now loads with splash screens about a dozen times before settling down, repeating a load-open inventory-load-open inventory cycle.

Edited by Snorbot
Additional information

On 2019-01-12 at 2:26 AM, Bzra said:

When we craft, maybe just for now, let us press the space bar (or a bound key) to advance through the crafting menus. This would make crafting feel less tedious for players that can't mass-craft. Thanks for all you guys do.

Or Enter, like in most programs.

7 hours ago, Snorbot said:

If you place a piece from one of the stacks of walls, towers, etc in the test fort pack and then pick it up to move it, it ends up renamed as "Building" and no longer stacks with the previous stack of pieces. Also the piece alignment and socketing seems to always prefer the incorrect orientation. The rotation keys are too coarse and don't allow for consistent alignment - some pieces are aligned to the grid, and some aren't, and it's not possible to rotate in small enough increments to get pieces back to proper alignment.

EK building is now so totally broken that I gave up on it, and I've even had earlier builds featured in ACEs own videos so I'm not some random building noob.

ACE, do you have no quality control anymore? These bugs are obvious from five minutes of trying to build even the simplest thing!

10 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Can we dot something about some of the heals that travel at a tortoise pace and constantly misses people because they are moving like a rabbit on drugs? If heals are only meant for stationary targets, will make for a very boring game-play.

Spells like  Will-o-the-Wisp, and Water Spirits. The heal is so small and makes it even worse to hit the button when a slight side step means no heal. For that matter Fountain of Life isn't that much better. I get it they aren't supposed to mass aoe heal, but the 5m range, and/or slow projection speeds make someone standing in place and sneezing, not get the heal.

Have you ever noticed how close to a tree or rock you are, when it says you are 3m away?  I know that they think 5m is 5m, but in CF terms 5M is really only like 1-2m away.  The 5m skills should be pushed to 7-8m for those times when people do move. 

1. Hold tool (like pick)
  2. Recall
  3. While "waving", remove tool

Result: you will keep "waving", but never stop or go to temple. Cooldown still starts counting, so no recall but can't do it for 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, elowallo said:
  1. Hold tool (like pick)
  2. Recall
  3. While "waving", remove tool

Result: you will keep "waving", but never stop or go to temple. Cooldown still starts counting, so no recall but can't do it for 30 minutes.

just move more then 5meters then it will cancel the "waving" and NOT put your cd on recall.

if u do a dodge roll to cancel the "waving" you WILL put recall on cd!

its wierd but i tested it.

ps. just relog or change zone and u got no cd on recall atm

Here's the TOL bug from the siege yesterday. Pretty sure that's a recently rescued debuff on the tree and that a rescue prevented the tree from dying which caused the whole thing to bug out. 

Not sure if this goes here or somewhere else. I was in the EK messing with the inventory items (playing legos) and when I was putting down the pieces, the EK crashed when it was colliding with another wall part. I tried to restart the EK but it was loading for quite some time. 

BTW, the game is coming along nicely!

Loaded onto EU awaiting the reset of NA.

Combat skills are not registering. 5 pip pepperbox shot was cast 5 times and each time it still showed I had 5 pips....the stun was not going off either...