Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_Jackal

5.8 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/8/19

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

How the hell is having multiple accounts exploiting?  I can’t wait till I get a spy account into your guild and sabotage something.  Spying, thievery, shenanigans, subterfuge, custardery are all allowed in the TOS; that means it’s not an exploit.  

in the dregs fine, but in the faction based game- its currently fashionable to park a cross faction alt at the temple runegate where no one can kill them and spy without consequences

this makes the upcoming faction chat basically useless as no one can organize anything-(without Voice chat)

38 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

in the dregs fine, but in the faction based game- its currently fashionable to park a cross faction alt at the temple runegate where no one can kill them and spy without consequences

this makes the upcoming faction chat basically useless as no one can organize anything-(without Voice chat)

I have 5 accounts all under different emails (hell I even used 5 different IPs to make them) and only 1 is obviously mine, the other 4 are specifically purchased to be used as spy accounts in the future.  How in the hell would you even stop me, assuming they want to (which they don’t) from spying with them. 

Guild chat seems rather secure, I suggest you use it. 

Edited by mandalore

13 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Little do they know you have alt in many guilds already....

Use discord and have the admin require people use registered accounts (there’s a few tiers of a security) but to be in 2019 whinging because you lack secure mediums of communication is just ludicrous.   giphy.gif

Found a bug. When I went to equip a disc from crafting menu all equipped disc’s and even equipment from the previous tab were not visible. Still equipped but invisible.  I re-logged and the victory screen from the previous campaign came up.  

I think I was in the menu when the campaign ended

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

I have 5 accounts all under different emails (hell I even used 5 different IPs to make them) and only 1 is obviously mine, the other 4 are specifically purchased to be used as spy accounts in the future.  How in the hell would you even stop me, assuming they want to (which they don’t) from spying with them. 

Guild chat seems rather secure, I suggest you use it. 

That's not how the internet works... like at all.  The IP address you use when you create the character doesn't stick to that character.  If I create a character at the coffee shop, I don't take the coffee shop's IP address home with me.  If all your spies are connecting to their servers from the same network,  they'll see that. (Assuming no crazy vpn setup that's likely to flag your account anyway)  

You wouldn't use ip for spy detection, anyway.  You'd get too many false positives with roommates, certain apartments, etc.  You can just use player reports.  If a toon is just hanging near gates, it's easy to tell, especially if they're named <MainAccount>3.  It's the kind of thing GM's are there to take care of.  Better yet, just remove the enemy runegate debuff and let the community handle it.

Don't worry though, ACE has made their prioritie$ clear.  You have a partner badge and are actively bragging about it.  The youtuber they chose to sponsor in their latest video does it.  Spy away. Little gain for the money imo

3 hours ago, untuin said:

Don't worry though, ACE has made their prioritie$ clear.  You have a partner badge and are actively bragging about it.  The youtuber they chose to sponsor in their latest video does it.  Spy away. Little gain for the money imo

You know that partners badge are just a top tier pledge who can ask questions being read on Ace Q/A right? There is nothing to do on how a partner badge can let you direct anything about ACE and engage on how the game will be.

Even an investor badge can't do that so i really doubt any other pledge package can open you the secret door of telling Ace what to do (except being Tyrant or Todd :lol: )

And sponsor a youtuber just mean they like the game being showed, it has nothing to do with the fact ACE said "amen" to what this youtuber is doing, it's just promotion of the game.

If there is anything to change about spying or action to take and they can take, they will. Making assumption they don't because this or that is just stupid.

Spying in every MMO full pvp was always a thing, Shadowbane had it too.

There it's just the tri-faction rules who add some kinda "meh" feeling about it, but as paleone noted, in the dregs there won't be any trouble of this kind.

Hi there.

I just clicked in to campaign with an inventory full of sweet necromancy stuff. I had the wrong character selected.

It is, of course, deleted now.

It would be really cool if there was a confirmation dialog for unlocked characters that have items in their inventory or equipment slots so the game can make sure I'm not accidentally deleting hours upon hours of crafting and farming when I click join campaign.

You ask me if I'm sure when i try to delete one item. Seems only fair you'd ask me if I'm sure before I delete one thousand items.

Please save me from myself. Thank you.

Better yet, how about just not letting me do that at all and require characters to be emptied out before they're allowed to join?

Edited by PopeUrban

12 hours ago, mandalore said:

Use discord and have the admin require people use registered accounts (there’s a few tiers of a security) but to be in 2019 whinging because you lack secure mediums of communication is just ludicrous.   giphy.gif

Guild coms can be made secure- the dregs and any guild based ruleset will be fine.

it is the faction based rule set that is easy to exploit.

if you can gain the trust of a guild and infiltrate them, that is the guild leaders fault.

i know more about Than effects than anyone from early SB bets— hell we stole an entire city when we defected  and joined the Burning Legion. ( I was part of Redemption and garrisoned the city of Almecka- the front line of SB Beta’s big conflict.

but when you can’t stop someone from joining your faction. And you can’t kick them out. And you can’t kill them. And you can’t report them.

and I’m not making this up— because it’s happening in a very obvious way with high profile order players camping out their alts in sanctuary zones where they have access to faction zone chat and can monitor traffic coming from the enemy temple.

Im just as hardcore a player as you.

Im here for PVP and hate any hard coded sanctuary/ pvp immunity so players can’t solve these kind of problems themselves.

Hell in sb I have guild kicked people and killed them just for talking in /say during siege movement.

Edited by PaleOne

The fps issues that players have been having could be caused by group buffs from the cleric. Logged on my cleric earlier I had bard and one of the aura's running and my fps crashed from a healthy 40-50 down to 17 really fast, if I turned them off the fps went up. If I leave a group then turn them on, fps does not crash so it seems to only crash when your in a group and running these group buffs, might be worth looking at.

9 hours ago, untuin said:

That's not how the internet works... like at all.  The IP address you use when you create the character doesn't stick to that character.  If I create a character at the coffee shop, I don't take the coffee shop's IP address home with me.  If all your spies are connecting to their servers from the same network,  they'll see that. (Assuming no crazy vpn setup that's likely to flag your account anyway)  

You wouldn't use ip for spy detection, anyway.  You'd get too many false positives with roommates, certain apartments, etc.  You can just use player reports.  If a toon is just hanging near gates, it's easy to tell, especially if they're named <MainAccount>3.  It's the kind of thing GM's are there to take care of.  Better yet, just remove the enemy runegate debuff and let the community handle it.

I suggest you go read the TOS you agreed to.  In game spying, stealing, shenigans, subterfuge, underhanded winning are allowed in the tos.  It’s pretty clear: if you allow yourself to be duped then that’s on you.  They liken this game to game of thrones and eve had a love child and name it dogget, sexiest man alive 2013-2087.  If you’re worried about your faction having spies don’t use faction chat.  How would they possibly mitigate spies?

So ... I'm sure there is an explanation for that but here are my findings with experimentation points just to check if a bug is involved :

- Until now, whenever I crafted white gear I had my "detailed" experimentation points to play with in EK and an additionnal in keep

- Last campaign, I tried to craft some green leather armor in keep. My "detailed" experimentation points were 8 something but I had 10 experimentation points to play with instead of 9. At the time, I thought it was due to green giving more experimentation points bonus for some reason (or the keep on this campaign)

- Today, I crafted some green leather pieces in Srathor. While I have now 9 "detailed" experimentation points I could only play with 8. I then tried to craft some white armor in my own EK, still 8 usable experimentation points.

While I could understand being limited to 8 for white pieces, it still really looks like a bug (especially that EK part). Is there anything I'm missing or is there really a bug when you get higher than 8 experimentation points?

11 hours ago, mandalore said:

I suggest you go read the TOS you agreed to.  In game spying, stealing, shenigans, subterfuge, underhanded winning are allowed in the tos.  It’s pretty clear: if you allow yourself to be duped then that’s on you.  They liken this game to game of thrones and eve had a love child and name it dogget, sexiest man alive 2013-2087.  If you’re worried about your faction having spies don’t use faction chat.  How would they possibly mitigate spies?

Already answered all that, so this will be my last post on the subject.  Just so others aren't misinformed, TOS can be found here: https://crowfall.com/en/artcraft/terms-and-conditions/ .  None of what mandalore mentioned is there. It's ACE's discretion.  Just because something isn't explicitly forbidden doesn't mean it's endorsed.  

In game subterfuge is fine which is why I want the debuff gone.  Let the community deal with the gate spies with counterspies.  There are limits to what subterfuge is allowed:

Termination of Service: Art+Craft reserves the right to deny service to any person or entity at Art+Craft’s sole and absolute discretion. You acknowledge and agree that Art+Craft may stop providing the Site and/or the Service or restrict your use of the Site and/or the Service at any time, without notifying you in advance, for any reason or no reason, including, without limitation, for any violation of this TaC and/or if Art+Craft suspects that you have used any aspect of the Service to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity. If Art+Craft disables your access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Service, your account details and/or any materials contained in your account.

6.5. Use Restrictions: You may not connect to or use the Site or the Service in any way that is not expressly permitted by this TaC.
a. You may not: (i) cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of the Service; (ii) sell, assign, rent, lease, act as a service bureau, or grant rights in the Service, including, without limitation, through sublicense, to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of Art+Craft; or (iii) make any false, misleading or deceptive statement or representation regarding Art+Craft and/or the Site or the Service.
b. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (i) institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, upon the Site and/or the Service (or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Site or the Service) or otherwise attempt to obstruct, disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Site and/or the Service or any other person’s or entity’s use of the Site and/or the Service (or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Site or the Service); (ii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Service, accounts registered to other users, or any servers, systems or networks connected to the Site and/or the Service; (iii) use the Site or the Service for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party, or charge any person or entity, or receive any compensation for, the use of the Site or the Service, unless you are specifically authorized to do so in a separate written agreement with Art+Craft; (iv) use the Site or the Service to develop, generate, transmit or store information that is defamatory, harmful, abusive, obscene or hateful; (v) perform any unsolicited commercial communication not permitted by applicable law; or (vi) engage in any activity that (A) constitutes harassment or a violation of privacy or threatens other people or groups of people; (B ) is harmful to children in any manner; (C ) constitutes phishing, pharming or impersonates any other person or entity, or steals or assumes any person’s identity (whether a real identity or online nickname or alias); or (D) violates any applicable law, ordinance, rule, regulation or treaty.
c. Without limiting the foregoing, unless expressly permitted by Art+Craft, you agree that you will not use the Service (i) for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or charge any person or receive any compensation for the use of the Service or any manner not permitted by the licenses granted herein; or (ii) for any other unlawful, prohibited, abnormal or unusual activity Art+Craft may determine, in Art+Craft’s sole discretion.

1 hour ago, untuin said:

Already answered all that, so this will be my last post on the subject.  Just so others aren't misinformed, TOS can be found here: https://crowfall.com/en/artcraft/terms-and-conditions/ .  None of what mandalore mentioned is there.

Check out the Rules of Conduct. That is where they explicitly allow naughty ingame behavior.

In-Game Rules of Conduct

Crowfall is a game centered on immersive group and faction-based PvP conflict. Therefore, it is to be expected that players will be entrenched in a hard-hitting, ferociously competitive in-game experience. In the midst of winning and losing, emotions can and will run high.

It is also to be expected that certain other aspects of conflict, including espionage and betrayal, will feature heavily in the tactics employed by players. So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct—meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Art+Craft's rules and policies occur—it is considered appropriate play.

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game so long as the context is within the in-game conflict: ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse.

1 minute ago, Jah said:

Check out the Rules of Conduct. That is where they explicitly allow naughty ingame behavior.

From your own quote:

So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct—meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Art+Craft's rules and policies occur—it is considered appropriate play.

Discussions about our policies can be done in The Great Hall forum. Please keep the conversations here on-topic and relevant to reporting performance issues with the game. Off-topic discussions here can create the risk of QA missing something important to their work. 

Random feedback and ideas to consider, but I think this game needs a lot.  Hope it comes out better than shadowbane on launch.  Good game for what we actually have right now - spotty  performance and not fully implemented combat (and classes) and crafting and gathering.

-mount food could go 10% move speed.  but it depends on what you want with that.  no one uses the good food for combat 90% of the time.

-having partial spirit bank access anywhere in certain campaigns could be a good idea.  much more limited quantity with a timed cooldown to reset.
-could modify armor durability for certain campaigns to incentivize farming.

-world doesn't feel alive.  more art, npc's and atmosphere.
--need some type of dueling area in "thracia" with betting.  it was hinted at, allow gambling and add more ways to increase atmosphere
--shared access banks among groups or let us drop items
--clouds and moon in sky would be nice.  moonlight in certain areas...  the fog is not bad but too much where the world just feels like grey and light blue.  When you reach the end of the world its odd, i guess it has to be a mountain with the random deep cave and a hunger shard. And the edge of the world usually is like rank 2 or rank 1 which is fine but no reason to ever go down there unless you are desperate for a gank.
Lightning bugs near POI forests and more glow on the top of the tress? cob webs stuck to you in pits with art higher on the wall?  dirt and blue hunger from the risen?  larger wolf spawns with a small cave?  the spider queen we have now is a bit sad.  have more strategy enabling parcels such as larger paths in the named forests and alternate layouts for stone and ore.     The named POIs all use the same lighting and probably music  I think and hope you can find a solution for that.

--consider putting the temple resources for gathers closer or easier to see from the temple.  the temple areas are pretty rough but i guess it's expected with the temp skins.
--allow more vendors to be placed closer in thracia?  or add an open area within the vendors and let us have view of all houses. and more

-consider making alchemists have more need if the passive skill tree is staying.  maybe add more assassin poison rolling potion, runic weapon materials?
--I like the passive skill tree for what its worth.
--maybe allow skulls to be added to armor for looks.  
---formalize the bounties via the game bulletin board like a wow quest (or let vendors take more than just gold)? 
---or maybe let them be ground with alchemist or enchanted to craft EK decorations?  

-Some players don't care about EK and only want pvp.  I think the CW is more important than the EK overall.  more art in the CW would be nice

-Crafted art accessories in the 3 slots?  different spirit bank holding art accessories like POE?

-i think the best graveyards are going to continue to spawn by keeps.  that one is fun.

-game needs more players.  2 faction campaigns hasn't been fun for anyone.  And the first sanctioned campaign will be which ever faction has the largest force (zerg).  we're already hitting zone caps and seeing the server cry with 100 people in one area.  consider making accounts sign up in advanced to lock them if you are going to put player caps on factions.  you could even make campaigns not have a start date until enough people have signed up.  and incentivize low pop faction participation.

-and should pack pigs be allowed on vendors?  the blue one is.  mounts are powerful, make sure new players know about it.

Edited by Zage

Hi, encountered a number of recipes that wouldn't work today, after talking with many people it seems that for some reason for me in particular various recipes just are not showing.

- Wooden Planks

- Lacing Sinew

Yes, i have the appropriate discs in when trying to craft the various things, the recipes just are not showing up. Image below. 

https://imgur.com/a/qGVJB8v