Tinnis

"Ultimate powers no longer provide complete invulnerability"

Posted (edited)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, moneda said:

I wonder how long it'd take for someone like a Champ or Duelist to plow through that barrier while someone like a Druid is in the middle of their "ultimate" animation. :lol:

could do it in one hit, with plenty of damage to spare.

its insane how much +max hp people can get with gear. this makes the power gap further divided.

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)

I would much prefer if the majority of ultimates where not defencive in nature, and were more about situationally capitalizing on out of posistion or finishing kills.

Defensive ults should be reserved for defensive/healer classes.  If they want to add escape variety to all classes I think it would be better served as [E] like powers that happen only when your at full stamina and CC'd.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

29 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I would much prefer if the majority of ultimates where not defencive in nature, and were more about situationally capitalizing on out of posistion or finishing kills.

Defensive ults should be reserved for defensive/healer classes.  If they want to add escape variety to all classes I think it would be better served as [E] like powers that happen only when your at full stamina and CC'd.

I would love to have a defensive ultimate as a knight. Something with some sustain. For X seconds, block mitigates 100% of incoming damage and the knight is healed for the total damage mitigated. The Secutor promotion could build off of this, providing a barrier to the group that equals a percentage of the total damage mitigated.

It would be strong, but easily countered. 

Once we get through the initial launch, ACE should take some time looking at powers in other games, and seeing how to incorporate similar.  MOBA's have a huge variety of powers tuned for very specific champs, and if ACE has the R&D ability, it would be awesome to see more and more variety added as time goes on.

It would be nice if every class/talent line had a different [Q] power option you could chase, in addition to the ones they already put into those branches.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I would love to have a defensive ultimate as a knight. Something with some sustain. For X seconds, block mitigates 100% of incoming damage and the knight is healed for the total damage mitigated. The Secutor promotion could build off of this, providing a barrier to the group that equals a percentage of the total damage mitigated.

It would be strong, but easily countered. 

they also had the teased a power on incomplete secutor major that applied a group reactive cc [e.g. like druid's shroud of the avatar] that would proc when your group was hit. used to have a reactive heal proc on the legio as well in ye olde days.

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Once we get through the initial launch, ACE should take some time looking at powers in other games, and seeing how to incorporate similar.  MOBA's have a huge variety of powers tuned for very specific champs, and if ACE has the R&D ability, it would be awesome to see more and more variety added as time goes on.

It would be nice if every class/talent line had a different [Q] power option you could chase, in addition to the ones they already put into those branches.

in general we have a very low amount of choice on the "class level" of trimmed "minimum viable powers" over time ;p [many just broken/not worth slotting] and great difference in viability or availability of racial powers too

Edited by Tinnis