Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ebondrake

Guinea Pig Master Race Report In.

The devs have already said you can use any weapon you pick up that you have the prereqs for. You are not limited to sword and pistol if you pick duelist.

I don't think you can use a sword + shield for this race, the stats don't match well. Now if you can fully customize your character and 100% avoid the archetype stats (or redistribuite stats points into defence and vitality) is another matter but i strongly doubt you can.

Archduchess Alice

I don't think you can use a sword + shield for this race, the stats don't match well. Now if you can fully customize your character and 100% avoid the archetype stats (or redistribuite stats points into defence and vitality) is another matter but i strongly doubt you can.

Like I said, if you have the prereqs. If the shield requires more strength than you have, then no. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

If you had asked me before knowing anything about the Archetype, If I planned on playing a Guinea Pig race character, I would have said "No Way!!"

However, after seeing the class, and inferring the size of these critters to be about the size of a Halfling / Hobbit, I'm down with it.  Now my next hope is.......

il_570xN.372898505_hm3b.jpg

Pseudo-Christian Fables and Disney Movies notwithstanding.

Psshh, one fantasy is as good as another. It takes a surprisingly small amount of strength to pierce human flesh. Speed can do a lot where strength is lacking.

Bairloch,

I gave your statement some thought.  On its face it seems like a reasonable assertion.  All I can respond is that after being spoiled by the well written dark/epic post-apocalyptic fantasy of Shadowbane, I rebel the lighter tone of the current lore snippets and a world filled with Faeries and talking Guinea pigs.  It seems... childish.  More Redwall than Tolkien. 

That said perhaps they want a broader appeal to the game, maybe a lighter tone to the game/lore may achieve that.

Guinea pirate!  The most powerful Guinea Pig.

I will take to the skies my lord.  Let us hope that the Peruvian flute bands not drive us off.

south-park-s12e11c07-theres-bees-everywh

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Bairloch,

I gave your statement some thought.  On its face it seems like a reasonable assertion.  All I can respond is that after being spoiled by the well written dark/epic post-apocalyptic fantasy of Shadowbane, I rebel the lighter tone of the current lore snippets and a world filled with Faeries and talking Guinea pigs.  It seems... childish.  More Redwall than Tolkien. 

That said perhaps they want a broader appeal to the game, maybe a lighter tone to the game/lore may achieve that.

While we look cute, their description of Courage and Sacrifice makes me think there is much more in the lore than cuteness for our Guinecean people. I hope I'm right.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Forgemaster will probably be my main, but duelist is surely going to be my primary alt. But ofc, this is just based on the looks of the classes, since we haven't seen any gameplay yet, so who knows.. :D

Awe, poor Dwarfurious, maybe they will promote class Dwarves to do the same digging Guinecians do.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P