Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolmar

leather armor cost

You get dust from looting the corpses of the mobs you skin for leather.

But still, skinning takes longer to produce materials then other professions, and leather uses more of it than other types of armor, and leather armor sucks.

Based on how bad leather armor is, the cost to make it should be lower, not higher, than mail or plate.

1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

But still, skinning takes longer to produce materials then other professions, and leather uses more of it than other types of armor, and leather armor sucks.

Based on how bad leather armor is, the cost to make it should be lower, not higher, than mail or plate.

Not nearly as much.  Every corpse holds 1,  and when you actually skin you get nada.  When you harvest other types of nodes you can sometimes get as much as 6 dust per. (2x per 25% harvest point)

The disparity is significant.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Not nearly as much.  Every corpse holds 1,  and when you actually skin you get nada.  When you harvest other types of nodes you can sometimes get as much as 6 dust per. (2x per 25% harvest point)

The disparity is significant.

Yeah I know, just saying, there is some.

Just now, DocHollidaze said:

Yeah I know, just saying, there is some.

Not enough to actually craft with.  It's a net dust loss, which I would not mind so much if it wasn't also the longest to harvest for requirements material. 

On the plus side for leather and critters though, is the gold critters drop, and the apparent fix to the vendor prices planned.  So you can get two somethings at a time, just not dust. 

40 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Yea agreed but that is also ONLY at night when the "hunger" takes over and sometimes not get even 1 during the night times. 

I agree and beleive that is what Dolmar and Krakken is trying to point out is that due to the benefits of leather(or lackof) and the cost, it just isnt worth the actions but affects many professions that are in a sinkhole.

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

5 minutes ago, gracen said:

Yea agreed but that is also ONLY at night when the "hunger" takes over and sometimes not get even 1 during the night times. 

I agree and beleive that is what Dolmar and Krakken is trying to point out is that due to the benefits of leather(or lackof) and the cost, it just isnt worth the actions but affects many professions that are in a sinkhole.

Make a dev partner post about it, we know they read them.  :P

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

31 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Make a dev partner post about it, we know they read them.  :P

was just talking to Dolmar about that!

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

1 minute ago, blazzen said:

There's also no leather motherload. 

I want fat animals that give more leather/meat. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

16 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I am sure you do want fat animals...lol

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Ace was talking about having roaming packs of nasty things, sounds like we need an R10ml [reallybigthing] roaming the map with a load of his pals in tow.

Edited by VaMei

28 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Ace was talking about having roaming packs of nasty things, sounds like we need an R10ml [reallybigthing] roaming the map with a load of his pals in tow.

And a big treant to chop down :P

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

I'd still prefer some giant fat auroch. 

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, dolmar said:

The uXa crafters are in constant discussion about the cost of leather armor. 

Why does it cost 100 more resources to craft it than it does for the cost of plate armor ect?

Thanks for the follow up!