Sign in to follow this  
ZYBAK

Class Balance and Mechanics I'd Like To See Changed

Considering how early it is the game is fairly well balanced. Every class has representation in some situation. However there's a few things that are blatently OP and a few general mechanics that are a little cheesy.

Agreed on pit fighter and tank fessor / fall damage. 

Strongly disagree on retaliate needing to cost 75% of your stamina though. God no, I really don't want to go back to what CC was before these changes. Never being in control of your character and stunlocked for half the fight. Too much CC and stuns have recently ruined Overwatch for the largest part of its community including several pros and ex-pros that spoke out against it, it's simply not fun. Maybe they can tone down the diminishing returns mechanic now that CC is tied to stamina, or even better, just give you more stuff that can be done with stamina so that it's an actual decision making process. Say, dodge/dash is also stam based instead of pip based, so that you need to choose whether to  dodge or CC break. I don't think CC should be a "get stunlocked and custarded from full to zero hp" thing, but more of a "got CCed, need to manage your resources carefully and react quickly, but it won't cost you more than a second lost". 

Also I don't think anti-stealth is quite there vs stealth atm, but I haven't fully tested all the synergies between race, powers and discs that have anti-stealth so I won't comment on that. 

I agree on all points except for the retaliate changes. 

CC, especially AoE CC, can have a big impact on numbers deciding fights instead of player skill. If CC is easy to land and hard to mitigate there's little a smaller force can do in order to fight back against a larger one. Many games that have lots of CC are arena or battleground focused games that ensure fights are even numbered. That is not Crowfall. While I get that this negatively impacts the CC focused promotion classes I'd rather see those promotion classes change to something else than to introduce more CC to Crowfall.

Case in point, your complaint about the physics based CC which cannot be mitigated at the moment is a very valid one shared by many people. If you dislike being unable to mitigate physics based attacks or think they need to have more DR this flies in the face of wanting to increase other forms of CC. 

With the way they're changing iframes to no longer be iframes I'd wait to see how that plays out before increasing the cost of retaliate. 

General Powers:

• Powers: Ultimate powers no longer provide complete invulnerability but now apply a damage preventing barrier equal to 35% of your maximum Hitpoints. Abilities effected include: Shadowstep, Neckbreaker, Invincible Warrior, Divine Order, Miracle, Immolation, Death Surge, Essence Scram, Dynamite, Vanish, Whirling Leap, Raging Bull, Sustain and Brilliance.

•  
Edited by blazzen

2 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

Agreed on pit fighter and tank fessor / fall damage. 

Strongly disagree on retaliate needing to cost 75% of your stamina though. God no, I really don't want to go back to what CC was before these changes. Never being in control of your character and stunlocked for half the fight. Too much CC and stuns have recently ruined Overwatch for the largest part of its community including several pros and ex-pros that spoke out against it, it's simply not fun. Maybe they can tone down the diminishing returns mechanic now that CC is tied to stamina, or even better, just give you more stuff that can be done with stamina so that it's an actual decision making process. Say, dodge/dash is also stam based instead of pip based, so that you need to choose whether to  dodge or CC break. I don't think CC should be a "get stunlocked and custarded from full to zero hp" thing, but more of a "got CCed, need to manage your resources carefully and react quickly, but it won't cost you more than a second lost". 

Also I don't think anti-stealth is quite there vs stealth atm, but I haven't fully tested all the synergies between race, powers and discs that have anti-stealth so I won't comment on that. 

Problem is with current set up is several classes have a CC spec that kinda get negated by how often E can be used i feel those specific spec should get a way to prevent E being used or cost more stamina to E out of, it so they can get some CC off cause thats what there spose to do and if it just gets E constantly it kinda defeats the purpose of there advance class build.
Ive played a sentinel which is the CC knight and u just get the reason of well i CC for energy back and thats about it cause they just E out of it and hit me back in the process. in larger fights u tend to find most people are immune alot of the time which actualy cripples the knight cause there energy pool is dependant on stuns and knockdowns.
I feel something need to be done for CC builds to make there CC stick a little more than they currently do. however i dont think everyone should get this treatment cause thats not the whole perpose of that class archtype. 

On your fall dmg topic there was spose to be weight on characters so tanky characters in plate are spose to be harder to knock up and things so fessor knockups wouldnt affect melee as much so if that was in how they original said ages ago it would be relativly fine i would think but yeah fall dmg is kinda poorly made socksty atm especially when ur charging in.

Edited by veeshan