Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

There simply is not a credible way to equitably quantify non combat activities for scoring...  harvesting/crafting/healing all contribute to "guild Kills" and guild score...  The game should encourage all players to participate in all activities; players who limit their capacity to non-scoring/non-territorial control/non-combat activities simply aren't contributing directly to the score... and that works just fine.   

Since deaths subtract from the guild score, healing and support is rolled-in...   keep your players buffed and alive and you gain a net positive, individual player scores should not be singularly accounted... should all be rolled into guild score.   Leaderboards for individuals is not an accurate accounting anyway...  stealth/gank toons get an unfair advantage vs group oriented toons let alone the healers and support who all get "assists" rather than kills.  I cannot see this ever reflecting a true score of who is actually "winning".    It reflects kill steals (last hits) and other inaccurate results.  It can be exploited (guilds trading kills on alts).   

Territory and Stronghold control is the only way to score, and with the weighted capture bonuses and seasonal bonuses JTodd has proposed it is all that should count. 

Adventure zones could be give control flags
Villages, Mills, Mines, Quarries should also give capture points as well.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

2 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Territory and Stronghold control is the only way to score with the weighted capture bonuses and seasonal bonuses JTodd has proposed it is all that should count. 

Personally, I think it would make more sense to sacrifice resources to the gods as a scoring mechanic. That is what Crows are sent to the dying worlds for-- to scavenge resources and thralls. Territory control is just a means to that end.

IhhQKY6.gif

10 minutes ago, Jah said:

Personally, I think it would make more sense to sacrifice resources to the gods as a scoring mechanic. That is what Crows are sent to the dying worlds for-- to scavenge resources and thralls. Territory control is just a means to that end.

I like this conceptually, but it could get out of hand too. We're supposed to get rich from winning, not put ourselves into desperate poverty in order to win.

Edited by Ardrea

2 hours ago, Jah said:

2 hours ago, Ardrea said:

I like this conceptually, but it could get out of hand too. We're supposed to get rich from winning, not put ourselves into desperate poverty in order to win.

@Jah is right imo.  Lore wise we are sent to these worlds to send resources back for the gods.  Allowing the winners to keep more resources will just empower an already winning force to win again. 

2 hours ago, Frykka said:

The game should encourage all players to participate in all activities; players who limit their capacity to non-scoring/non-territorial control/non-combat activities simply aren't contributing directly to the score... and that works just fine.   

They make us specialize our accounts to one purpose though.  It's easy for those of us with 3 or 4 accounts to think this is my crafter account, these are my combat accounts.  When new people play and they only have one account that crafter will be a distinct disadvantage if hes also forced to PvP to help win. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

5 hours ago, Jah said:

I agree. This would allow traders, crafters, gatherers to help contribute to score in some manner. If one faction gathered and crafted their butts off to sacrifice the world, but did poorly at holding objectives should they not also reap some of the gods favor? Would also help economy by being another resource/money sink like leveling vassals. To curb exploiting campaign score from gold imports I propose not allowing gold imports into a campaign(export only), but allowing gold EK imports/exports

#MakeSacrificeGreatAgain

On 1/16/2019 at 6:45 PM, mystafyi said:

should they not also reap some of the gods favor

I agree, with "some" being the key word. And ensuring that only resources harvested inside the campaign could be sacrificed for points.

13 hours ago, Ardrea said:

I agree, with "some" being the key word. And ensuring that only resources harvested inside the campaign could be sacrificed for points.

An item ID could just have a qualifyer to it that is specific to that campaign. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png