Sign in to follow this  
VaMei

Crafting tables

As things are now, it takes a General crafting table to make a General crafting table, and it take a Stone mason's Table to make any other table. How would that work in a campaign where we start from nothing? Once we have our General table, where would we put it?

IMO, we should to be able to craft a General table without actually having one, and we need to be able to craft a place-able surface with a crafting table socket to put our crafting table on. Once we have a General table, and have unlocked a specific crafting tree, we need the ability to make that profession's table from the General table. From there, we can move into an empty GvGvG dreggs and build a world from nothing.

What does a Stonemason know about a Necromancer's specific crafting needs anyway? A Mason might make a higher quality general table that another profession uses as an input to craft their good table?

Edited by VaMei

Currently, you don't place any crafting tables in campaign, and there's no need to. All crafting tables are available in the forts and keeps. In faction play, it isn't necessary to place crafting tables in the campaign.

In the dregs, guilds will build their own forts and keeps with their own buildings, inside which they will place their own crafting stations. At that point, it's no different than what we do now in EKs. I can craft a stonemasonry table at the general table in the temple, export it, place it in my EK, then use it to craft all the other tables.

What about a campaign with no imports, to an uninhabited realm with no structures?

The current design limits that possibility, while this change breaks nothing and requires no new art or mechanics.

Low hanging fruit.

Edited by VaMei

38 minutes ago, Silverback said:

Two stoneborn and one centaur for the glue...Advanced crafting!

lol.... I needed a good laugh today... ty.