Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asokka

Crafting/Gathering Suggestions for 2019

Armor crafting - Now that I am finally crafting needed armor via leather working on a slightly more demanding scale, I am beginning to understand why may several blacksmiths find making armor to be extremely tedious. Making the 9 armor layers takes up almost half the entire crafting process. 9 layers, 9 square/scales/plates, treated leather/steel and the 4 armor pieces themselves. I would say reduce the number of optional layers to 6. 

Blacksmithing - Break up Blacksmithing into armorsmith and weaponsmith professions… moving on.

Blood and Bone - Increase the drop rate in Reaping. 7.5% is way to low considering mineral/gem chance caps at 30%/15%. No one can argue that skinning is a solo-able venture because of how often one is ganked due to the recent influx of new and veteran players and faster travel via mounts.

Skinning vs Ore/Stone - Skinning animals needs to give more hides per mob. Mothernodes give wonderful amounts of multi-color ore and stone. Before you argue MNs take multiple people, skinning can be multiple people and the results STILL don't compare. Also, you have to kill a mob before skinning it, you don't have to fight MNs.

Soft Hides - Put them in the game already. I have been asking for a harvestable source since prior to 5.6... quit trolling me already. Slow your role on advanced features until the basics are said and done! … or make uncommon through legendary available for very cheap prices on vendors. The dev's owe that to any dedicated Leather worker.

Soft hides should be in as of 5.8. They drop from aurochs (or should anyway). If they don't, this is a bug!

I am getting ahead of myself. This is indeed a bug I fixed in 5.8.1. Sorry for the confusion! Aurochs will drop soft hide soon!

Edited by vkromas
Updating with more info

Just now, vkromas said:

Soft hides should be in as of 5.8. They drop from aurochs (or should anyway). If they don't, this is a bug!

I already notified Jackal that they still drop Strong hide.

Just now, Asokka said:

I already notified Jackal that they still drop Strong hide.

That's what I thought. I was getting way ahead of myself! I recently fixed wolves and aurochs to drop proper meat and hides. For future reference this is how they should look:

Type Animal Animal
Flexible Cat  
Strong Wolf Elk
Tough Boar  
Soft Auroch  
Durable Bear Spider

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I have soon PTSD. 

That's a legit concern and I know you're tired of hearing "soon" and then cricket chirps, but hopefully we'll get into a better cadence with our communication cycle. 

I put that fix in because it was driving me bonkers seeing people get elk meat from aurochs and big cat meat from wolves. That was a real headscratcher there. 

3 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Eagerly waiting for both Wolf Kebabs & Soft Hide. Another source of Strong Hide will make the peasants rejoice as well!

:)

Your break down of what is currently in game was a perfect start to getting info on those bugs, thank you!

31 minutes ago, Asokka said:

Armor crafting - Now that I am finally crafting needed armor via leather working on a slightly more demanding scale, I am beginning to understand why may several blacksmiths find making armor to be extremely tedious. Making the 9 armor layers takes up almost half the entire crafting process. 9 layers, 9 square/scales/plates, treated leather/steel and the 4 armor pieces themselves. I would say reduce the number of optional layers to 6. 

Much of this should be resolved when factories/thralls are introduced.

32 minutes ago, Asokka said:

Blood and Bone - Increase the drop rate in Reaping. 7.5% is way to low considering mineral/gem chance caps at 30%/15%. No one can argue that skinning is a solo-able venture because of how often one is ganked due to the recent influx of new and veteran players and faster travel via mounts.

Honestly, once you get beyond reaping and into Animal Specialization, the critical harvests will most likely solve your blood bone concerns.

35 minutes ago, Asokka said:

Skinning vs Ore/Stone - Skinning animals needs to give more hides per mob. Mothernodes give wonderful amounts of multi-color ore and stone. Before you argue MNs take multiple people, skinning can be multiple people and the results STILL don't compare. Also, you have to kill a mob before skinning it, you don't have to fight MNs.

This is often repeated. volume & quality over time, it takes a skinner longer to get a volume of quality goods than it does for the other gathering professions. As a skinner, scarcity is profit for me. Is it good for the game? I'll defer to other minds.

6 minutes ago, vkromas said:

That's a legit concern and I know you're tired of hearing "soon" and then cricket chirps, but hopefully we'll get into a better cadence with our communication cycle. 

I put that fix in because it was driving me bonkers seeing people get elk meat from aurochs and big cat meat from wolves. That was a real headscratcher there. 

Always appreciate the follow up.  @Pann make sure there's a pay raise for this employee. 

5 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Much of this should be resolved when factories/thralls are introduced.

Honestly, once you get beyond reaping and into Animal Specialization, the critical harvests will most likely solve your blood bone concerns.

Yes but factories have yet to be announced.

And remember, we are on x3 speed so getting to said Specialization will take a very on time.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:22 PM, Asokka said:

And remember, we are on x3 speed so getting to said Specialization will take a very on time.

That is not a bad thing in my books to be honest. It is a potentially a game changing skill in the grand scheme of things.

Please for the love of god please please split Blacksmithing into armor and weapon smithing :( 

I feel sorry for our blacksmith he doesnt even get to play the game with the amount of crafting requests from 20+ people there more than enough in blacksmithing to split the profession into 2 especialy with runic weapons coming in at some stage too not to mention in the future ur bound to add more recipes/weapon types and all that.

Armor smithing takes up more time due to all the sub components and blacksmithing is just needed by literaly every class i dont think there a single class that doesnt need something from blacksmithing for there weapons not to mention half the other crafts need items from blacksmithers aswell......

the demand for blacksmithing atm is literary twice if not more the the 2nd most demanded profession atm

Edited by veeshan

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

I feel sorry for our blacksmith he doesnt even get to play the game with the amount of crafting requests from 20+ people

Not sorry enough to take up Blacksmithing yourself and split that load, eh? :lol:

3 minutes ago, moneda said:

Not sorry enough to take up Blacksmithing yourself and split that load, eh? :lol:

Actually i said next reset i would go blacksmithing weapons side of things.
Im the only jewelery crafter atm in the guild though

34 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Actually i said next reset i would go blacksmithing weapons side of things.
Im the only jewelery crafter atm in the guild though

Sounds like you need to join a guild with a larger workforce and better division of labor.