Sign in to follow this  
Dern

Templar talk.

This forum has been very quiet, so I thought I'd make a post to get some discussion going amongst Templar enthusiasts.

Some questions for the crowd:

1) What do you like about the current class (please add what spec(s) you are referring to)

2) If there was one single function you could add to the class beyond it's current "role" of a zone controller, what would it be.  For the sake of a real discussion, let's keep this reasonable and try stray away from a functionality that another class clearly does better/more intentionally by design.  This is subjective, so basically please put some thought into your reply.  As an example, I really like the chain hook of knights, but if Templar had that ability it would be interfering with what knights bring to the table.

Edited by Dern

Answering my own questions as an example:

1). I enjoy the tankiness, ability to do some damage while heading the group.  This refers mainly to the paladin spec line.  I have also tried Fury (CC) and it honestly feels like one of the most lacking specs in the game with lower damage, what I consider below-average CC ability, and also negligible healing output.  One of those categories should be stronger for the Fury spec.

2).  A suppress or "grapple" type of CC (immobilizing both yourself and Target) would be nice and fit into the zone control theme while also helping templar be more useful in open field/small scale fights.

1: I like divine light on the paladin spec its pretty good in team fights 

2: make the other 2 specs of temp besides paladin be worth using cause currently theyre complete trash, and my biggest complaint it that TEMPLAR CANT USE SURGING SPIRIT OR DRYAD BUT CHAMP AND MYRM CAN 

2 hours ago, Staff said:

1: I like divine light on the paladin spec its pretty good in team fights 

2: my biggest complaint it that TEMPLAR CANT USE SURGING SPIRIT OR DRYAD BUT CHAMP AND MYRM CAN 

Agreed!  Other 2 specs just lack an identity, period.

I like the Vindicator promotion class, though I still have 1 talent point that I haven't spent because I haven't decided yet whether or not to buy Blazing Light. The big issue with it though is that the caps on bonus damage are set at 40% and it's ridiculously easy to blow past those caps.

I have 28% fire damage bonus just from talents. I get 9% from Fiery Perdition, 9% from Blazing Judgement and 10% from Vindicator. 

Vindicator also gives 10% slashing damage bonus and the Vindicator passive modifies my slashing damage bonus by my fire damage bonus, which means with just 3 talents and 1 passive, my slashing damage bonus is 38%.

Fiery Devotion buffs Devotion to give 15% fire damage bonus. I only get 12% of that though since it caps at 40%. Because of the Vindicator passive, that 15% also gives me slashing damage bonus, but I only get 2% because of the 40% cap. 

Warrior of Vengeance buffs Holy Warrior to add 30% slashing damage bonus while removing the max HP increase. Again, my slashing damage bonus is 38% without it, so I'm only getting 2% benefit from the talent instead of 30%. I've I'm using Devotion at the same time, I'm already capped and not getting anything from the talent.

Just the Vindicator talent/passive combined with Warrior of Vengeance puts me over the cap. The talent gives me 10% fire and 10% slashing. The passive gives me another 10% slashing. Warrior of Vengeance gives me 30% slashing, putting me 10% over the cap. This is an inherently flawed design. I don't know if they intended to give the spec that much damage and forgot about the caps or what, but something has to change. They need to have Vindicator increase the caps by a lot, change the damage bonuses to penetration, or remove some of the damage bonuses and gives the spec something else, because right now, most of the potential is wasted.