vkromas

5.8.1 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/11/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.1 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Is this the same 5.8.1 that has the new controller?

January 11, 2019

• I like the new brigand bomb icons and the Fae Faerie Fire icon
  • Mole Hunter Flare VFX is very intense. Lowered my fps just looking at it
  • The smoke from using a small or survivalist campfire lasts quite awhile after the actual campfire has despawned
  • The Splitting Distance  buff gets removed on relog. Dying brings it back, but it will disappear when you log in again
  • Races and Classes are alphabetical now... Seems weird now, compared to how it was before
  • Hallelujah! Soft hide acquirable in-game now!
  • Backstab can be used in the stealth tray now!
  •  The stealth lmb removes you from stealth if you use it, even if you don't hit anything. These seem entirely pointless anyway, but that is an added annoyance
  • New map looks... different. Still some areas on the maps that don't offer much reason to explore there after capping the outposts, notably the southern peninsula of Lindarus. 
    • Also, I notice the same names keep popping up on these maps. I'd be glad to give you more, free of charge ;)
  • Minotaur Bull Rush cannot be used in the Ranged Tray
  • Minotaur Bloodthurst uses resource (specifically, Ranger Energy)
  • EK buildings are largely fixed. I didn't test all of them, but I got them to do what I've been trying to do with them (until I ran out of tokens).
  • Just an FYI, I'm going to keep asking for a Stealth Movement Speed Minor Discipline until I get one, k-thx-gimme-a-stealth-movement-speed-minor-bye
  • Still disappointed by the lack of bears :(

Please get all the sound effects of the abilities in place and show us the power lines with this upcoming champion nurf.  It's a pre requisite for alpha in my opinion.

Spirit bank is wonky. When I try to move stuff around it only "takes" every other attempt on average, see this clip:

Also notice how the first apple "blinks".

Edited by elowallo

Is it normal that the ulti of cleric arbiter doesn't charge when u hit praticedummy? It only charge when ennemy hits me, i never up an arbiter before but if it's normal it's pretty strange to a cleric to need to be focus to up his ulti .

Bugs : 

no training in craft/assembling etc... passive skills

• Experiencing with the necromancy disciplines on me, large rerolling the experience points seems to produce nearly all time Success and over it even at "Are you insane???" level, not sure it's intended (i doubt so) at least with green "common" vessel.  Seems to produce only on green common ones
  • After used the crafted vessel for a new toon, i was locked out promotion classes, even with the prerequired skill trained (ranger "bring me everyone") and 34 points spend in the talents tree https://imgur.com/a/fbT0B8p (closing, relaunching the game seems to fix the problem)
  • Master of rapier disciplines still indicate that Assasin and Ranger can equip them but when crafted can't be used
Edited by Gorwald

Based on the damage numbers I am seeing on the new gear, I think we will be squarely in tankfall.

Wouldn't IT have made more sense to buff intermediates or provide another option?
Everyone goes straight for advanced no matter what anyways.

Also are you not worried that changing from iframes to max hp based shield disproportionately benefits the tankier classes which are already well represented in game?

Do you plan to rebalance armor soon with the changes to weapons?

Edited by Ussiah

16 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Based on the damage numbers I am seeing on the new gear, I think we will be squarely in tankfall.

Wouldn't IT have made more sense to buff intermediates or provide another option?
Everyone goes straight for advanced no matter what anyways.

Also are you not worried that changing from iframes to max hp based shield disproportionately benefits the tankier classes which are already well represented in game?

Do you plan to rebalance armor soon with the changes to weapons?

You say that but Knights arnt realy in a great spot atm and templars are good in a single situation but terribler 99% of them. Mym probaly get nerfed with the iframe change and champion aswell.
Although max HP buff might be more useful now i guess since u can pop those then use ur ulti for crazy shield but that depends on how long shield lasts tbh.

Armor can 100% be cancelled out by people aswell since you can get 30-45% armor penetration which doesnt matter what armor you have your take full dmg. Been hit by Mym double slash for 2k non crits on my knight cause of it and thats double slash skill is spamable  -.-

Edited by veeshan

Knights are used constantly in group fights, pit fighter champs are as well, tank fessors are as well......rangers? nope, assassins? nope.

Game is currently geared towards tankier options and these changes will simply exacerbate it.

Tank myrm didn't need iframes and got buffed by this change.

Brigand Bombs explode after their 60 second timer runs out and when they explode it takes the Brigand out of stealth, regardless if an enemy is hit. Working as intended or bug? Not quite sure on this one.

Edited by Dedolin

3 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Knights are used constantly in group fights, pit fighter champs are as well, tank fessors are as well......rangers? nope, assassins? nope.

Game is currently geared towards tankier options and these changes will simply exacerbate it.

Tank myrm didn't need iframes and got buffed by this change.

Errr knights in large fights are in a bad spot (atleast sentinels are) you just get to stand there blocking and pulling and that like your job. You cant CC anyone due to everyone seems to be immune to CC and if you try and CC somone and there immune you run out of energy quickly due to your energy pool is tired to stunning and knockdowning people which is almost impossible in large fights due to CC immunity everyone has.

Assassin are designed for large scale fights. Rangers have a bug on bow range aswell atm where the bow modifer is capped to there basic bow range of 15m my 22.7m range bow does nothing range wise compared to basic bows and im not ranged capped 19m where cap is 20. Rangers are filled with bugs atm :P

Edited by veeshan

No use arguing in a bug thread, trust me, these changes are buffs to tank classes.

There is no way you can tell me 35% max hp for iframes isn't better for mail/plate users.
There is no way you can tell me less damage on weapon isn't better for tank classes.
There is no way you can tell me that mail/plate users(especially plate) aren't overly represented in group fights.

Edited by Ussiah

2 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

No use arguing in a bug thread, trust me, these changes are buffs to tank classes.

There is no way you can tell me 35% max hp for iframes isn't better for mail/plate users.
There is no way you can tell me less damage on weapon isn't better for tank classes.
There is no way you can tell me that mail/plate users(especially plate) aren't overly represented in group fights.

You also gotta take into account those classes with plate are gonna be on the front line so they be taking more dmg over the back lines generaly unless the range classes get outof position.
Less dmg on weapon benefit healers alot more quite a few of there skills dont work of weapon dmg (Dispite they say it does).

There is no back line when a knight can pull anyone to the front line.
And you are just strengthening my point concerning your healer comment. Tankfall, no one dies.

Do you play in these sieges and big group fights? Your comments make it seem like you don't.

Resource Feedback:

I greatly appreciate what seems to be a normalization of resource ranks for the factions.

I only checked the balance/order keep and the balance/order mine but it seemed like both had rank 9's by the keep and rank 5/7 in the mine.

Please continue to follow an "even" playing field when it comes to resource ranks in future maps.
Current NA map has a large resource rank disparity which provides some factions strategic advantages for higher rank gear.

I do think we need more areas for high rank single node farming besides the keep, but this was a good change that I hope was intentional and will continue.

1 hour ago, Gorwald said:
  • After used the crafted vessel for a new toon, i was locked out promotion classes, even with the prerequired skill trained (ranger "bring me everyone") and 34 points spend in the talents tree https://imgur.com/a/fbT0B8p (closing, relaunching the game seems to fix the problem)

I had the same issue on 2 different vessels, both stoneborn knights. One was a default vessel, the other a green crafted vessel. In both cases, I used gold to go from level 1 to level 30, assigned all of my attribute points, then selected all of my talents. In both cases, when I got to the point of selecting my promotion class, I was unable to. The talent nodes remained grayed out and didn't show that I had selected the Onslaught ability, even though I had. Logging out and back in didn't fix it. I had to restart the client.

Champion advanced class barbarian:

• talent brutal follow up does not reset spinning backfist or kick sand
  • passive barbarian effect is not being applied with whirlwind slow
  • passive barbarian effect barbarian charge is reset on cc, not cumulative (probably intentional, but not clear in description)
  • only get the barbarian charge passive, not sure if this includes the damage bonus

Looks like applied abilities from talents don't trigger the advanced class mechanic.

Some more skills that don't trigger the barbarian charge:

• get 'em from mole hunter
  • banshee wail from banshee

The supression effect on whirlwind does seem to trigger the barbarian charge effect.

Edited by Sunslayer
Some abi

With the new weapon damage numbers i think armor should get the same treatment so that the tanky classes don't get too powerful and titan myrm should get a nerf to the basic attack damage.
Myrm with light white axes can crit for 2k without a problem, while slayer duelists with heavy blue pistols barely can crit for over 1k with pepperbox shot (5pips).I think the problem here is that titan myrm gets a lot of +% damage so the quality of the weapon doesn't matter that much.