Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.1 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/11/19

So, y'know that "infinite burning" bug that was recently discovered with the Confessor talent passive? There seems to be something similar happening with the Poisoned Weapon passive from the Poisoner major discipline.

From the video below:
- After the poison from the Poisoned Weapon passive proc's it does so continuously, seemingly forever, and at least momentarily drops my FPS from 90+ to the mid 20s. It doesn't seem to do damage forever, but in order for the fly text spam to stop I need to apply that debuff onto a different target and allow it to fade.
- After it's faded that debuff can be applied again but it will not do damage (at least there's no fly text and nothing in the combat log) until I log out to the character select menu and log back in.

EDIT: Okay, actually, you don't have to log out and back in to regain damage from that proc. After posting this I Alt+Tabbed back to the game, removed my Basic Poison Toxin, and reapplied the Poisoned Weapon debuff to a target dummy. Not only did it do damage, it did so exponentially until it dropped my FPS to 1 and I had to Alt+F4 the test client. 

Oh, and since you may need to be tinkering with that Poisoned Weapon passive anyway, can you insert some kinda change so that basic attacks still do "poison" damage but the minor poison proc doesn't override Assassin toxins? :D 

Edited by moneda

6 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Resource Feedback:

I greatly appreciate what seems to be a normalization of resource ranks for the factions.

I only checked the balance/order keep and the balance/order mine but it seemed like both had rank 9's by the keep and rank 5/7 in the mine.

Please continue to follow an "even" playing field when it comes to resource ranks in future maps.
Current NA map has a large resource rank disparity which provides some factions strategic advantages for higher rank gear.

I do think we need more areas for high rank single node farming besides the keep, but this was a good change that I hope was intentional and will continue.

Don't, if one faction is the only one with access to a certain resource, this brings on a need for pvp and thus creates content. Everybody on an even playing field means half the playerbase wont move beyond the "save" or close maps. Mechanics that try to boost "losing" faction map resources and reduce "winning" faction resource nodes will only move the battlefield to the losing faction, since that is where the best resources are. This will be really bad for the losing faction. Im sure ACE has better plans, or we can come up with better suggestions.

@thomasblair   The brigand ranger is quite possibly my favorite class in the whole game! It is extremely fun! That being said, I was talking to Blair the other night in a stream. We were talking about brigand bombs. He was telling me that they should only pull you out of stealth if they do damage. Brigand bombs pull you out of stealth after exploding and doing no damage to anyone. This is an extremely detrimental effect to have on the class. If you are doing "sneaky missions," and you place a bomb a while back, and it goes off right before you engage or right as you are scouting out an enemy force, aaand BOOM you are dead. I hope that brigand doesn’t get an unintentional, and unwarranted nerf like this so soon out of the gate, especially since not many people play it as effectively as Crem or myself. It will be borderline unplayable if anytime a bomb goes off without doing damage it pulls you out of stealth. This is true especially since one of the major strengths of the class is to make a minefield and lure your enemies to their death. With the current bomb set up, that will no longer be a viable strategy. Anyways, the only reason I type this up is because I have fallen in love with this class, and really care about it having a future in Crowfall. Aesthetically the bombs are more pleasing now, though maybe too visible. Though for the noobs sake, I can understand that... I guess. Thank you for your time!

Edited by SoberSoul

So glad to hear, @SoberSoul. I've been messing around with the class and settled on Elkin, the limitation to leather kind of sucks right now. Especially because of the missing horns. 

But I also wanted to give feedback on the inventory situation as I frustratingly export everything. Also very glad to hear from JTodd that is being worked on. And while its being worked on I wanted to suggest adding an 'autosort' function, possibly limited to banks/containers.

2 hours ago, Sunslayer said:

Don't, if one faction is the only one with access to a certain resource, this brings on a need for pvp and thus creates content. Everybody on an even playing field means half the playerbase wont move beyond the "save" or close maps. Mechanics that try to boost "losing" faction map resources and reduce "winning" faction resource nodes will only move the battlefield to the losing faction, since that is where the best resources are. This will be really bad for the losing faction. Im sure ACE has better plans, or we can come up with better suggestions.

Talking even resource ranks, not the same spawns.

Looking good so far!  Exciting to see the world.  Very pretty.

I suggest you keep the Plentiful Harvest in Spring for playtests.  We're not to the resource war strategy part of the game yet.  We don't have enough playtesters to flesh out the supply line tactics of the final game.

I tried for the last 3 days to get enough resources to make armor.  Never made it past level 9.  Killed over and over by level 30 maxed out players who had harvested all they needed before I even downloaded the client.  In chat, the players were reporting they reached level 30 in about 30mins of harvesting in Spring.  Come winter, after 8 hours of chopping nodes to try to make something, I just logged out.  They'd looted me fully every time, even taking my slag.

• Increase guard effectiveness.  About half the time I was killed in a fort while trying to craft my pitiful gear and read the crafting text with 4 guards shooting to no effect.
  • If you want players to join campaigns after Spring, there needs to be some mechanic for them to harvest the basics.  Perhaps after Spring ends, add level 2 nodes to Temple.
  • Perhaps the playtest should start everyone at max level.  Just skip the 30min at best, never at worst, sacrifice xp grind and let folks try out the full mechanics for bugs and preferences.  Players have to manually click skill trees to add buttons, so it wouldn't be overwhelming.  They can click at their own pace without being impossibly far behind the campaign.

You could tie a plentiful harvesting floor to level so that low level new guys add something to the campaign.  When you can't survive in 1v1 battle assisted by all the guards of your fort and can't harvest, you're out of the game.

Not only should their be a focus on power lines for characters and builds (and sound effects for abilities) so we can understand this game  for alpha, but please fix the passive exploit/bug with major discipline runes.  They are players basically outfitted with 3-4 major disciplines with this bug.  

Thanks

Chaos won the siege at Zondolore Keep against balance but the tree of life had "rescue" from field surgeon discipline on it which prevented it from fully dying for a few seconds at which time the siege window ended so the tree couldn't be damaged anymore which left this dead zombie corpse tree to where the a new golden apple couldn't be planted.

Ultimately someone from ACE reset the zone and the keep spawned back as Neutral and balance replanted but now the keep is all bugged out according to reports from Balance. Guards showing as neutral still and the thrall buffs from crafting stations not working.

Gonna have to disable "rescue" from field surgeon from working on ToL's (and probably banewood trees also).    

unknown.png

7 hours ago, SoberSoul said:

@thomasblair   The brigand ranger is quite possibly my favorite class in the whole game! It is extremely fun! That being said, I was talking to Blair the other night in a stream. We were talking about brigand bombs. He was telling me that they should only pull you out of stealth if they do damage. Brigand bombs pull you out of stealth after exploding and doing no damage to anyone. This is an extremely detrimental effect to have on the class. If you are doing "sneaky missions," and you place a bomb a while back, and it goes off right before you engage or right as you are scouting out an enemy force, aaand BOOM you are dead. I hope that brigand doesn’t get an unintentional, and unwarranted nerf like this so soon out of the gate, especially since not many people play it as effectively as Crem or myself. It will be borderline unplayable if anytime a bomb goes off without doing damage it pulls you out of stealth. This is true especially since one of the major strengths of the class is to make a minefield and lure your enemies to their death. With the current bomb set up, that will no longer be a viable strategy. Anyways, the only reason I type this up is because I have fallen in love with this class, and really care about it having a future in Crowfall. Aesthetically the bombs are more pleasing now, though maybe too visible. Though for the noobs sake, I can understand that... I guess. Thank you for your time!

I suspect this new bug arose from attempts address the brigand permastealth bug, in which under certain conditions, the traps wouldn't pull the brigand out of stealth even after damaging a target. The devs probably went a bit too far in the other direction, making the traps always pull the brigand out, whether they damage a target or no. I'd rather the traps not go off at all unless they damage a target. Even if you stay in stealth, a bomb going off is a dead giveaway. 

Brigand is easily my favorite class, though I haven't tried incorporating it in large-scale combat. Hoping it can be effective. 

I have yet to jump on Test. Please tell me we can slot the Brigand passive in the ranged tray.

9 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

With the new weapon damage numbers i think armor should get the same treatment so that the tanky classes don't get too powerful and titan myrm should get a nerf to the basic attack damage.
Myrm with light white axes can crit for 2k without a problem, while slayer duelists with heavy blue pistols barely can crit for over 1k with pepperbox shot (5pips).I think the problem here is that titan myrm gets a lot of +% damage so the quality of the weapon doesn't matter that much.

2k dmg easily on plate at that

15 hours ago, Ussiah said:

There is no back line when a knight can pull anyone to the front line.
And you are just strengthening my point concerning your healer comment. Tankfall, no one dies.

Do you play in these sieges and big group fights? Your comments make it seem like you don't.

Yeah the problem is the plate doesnt do anything about adding to your tankiness its the shield block that does.
Myms just walk around hitting for 2k every other hit due to having 40% armour penetration no one realy running the antishield runes however the moment this patch come in everyone gonna run the anti barrier/block shield breaker rune which then makes u unable to take a hit at all as a knight or even a paladin.

This patch is gonna do the opposite of what u think, its gonna make tanks squishy as fk because of the change to the shield breaker disc which counter blocking and barriers which the shield block only realy thing keeping tanks alive atm. the plate armor does nothing cause quite alot of dmg classes are running the armor penetration builds.

Collision zone on top of giant Spider nest at 1205, 5, 2660 is open on the top.  I fell into it from on top of the rock and got stuck inside.  

Hiya guys! so this is the first time I ever play tested a game, I found a bug and I want to let you guys know about it, I was trying to split a stack by pressing SHIFT+Right click and a selector appeared asking how much I would like to split the stack, I couldn't split the stack or get out of it, and even after I exited the game the window for splitting the stack stayed there

Divine order does not reset the Cooldowns of the cleric skills mentioned in the tool tip when used in the Arbiter Talent tree.

Walls on forts are immune to damage, even when hit with a treb.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:50 AM, coolster50 said:
  • The smoke from using a small or survivalist campfire lasts quite awhile after the actual campfire has despawned

I placed a campfire in the chaos temple about an hour ago and the smoke is still there.

These campfires still can't be used for cooking.

Blood orbs from the Blood Price passive (Blade Master disc) spawn at the target's location. Can they be changed to spawn at the caster's location? I realize that having to move to get the orb is part of the design and if the orbs were to spawn on the caster, it might as well just be a regular heal, but it's kind of annoying when I use something like Chain Attack or Throw Illusion Shield and the orb spawns 20 meters away. Also, it isn't always easy to get to the orbs due to collision, especially when fighting mobs, since mobs only move when we move, so I have to move away, wait for the mob to move away from the orb, then circle around to get it. Maybe giving the orb a larger interact radius would help.

Speaking of Throw Illusion Shield, I think it needs some beefing up. The damage is very low and it has no utility. Using the Shield Whiz disc adds a snare to it, but it isn't worth spending a minor disc slot and a passive slot to make that one ability useful. Either bake the snare into it and replace Shield Whiz with something else, or add some other sort of utility to it. A minor bleed would be very good, as it would provide a counter for assassins and duelists that isn't buried 3 deep in a combo.

And while I'm on the subject of the Shield Fighter disc, I think Mighty Shield Slam needs some changes too. It does more damage than Shield Slam, but Shield Slam's damage is pathetic given that it roots the knight and has to be charged to over 66% to even do that much damage. I just used Shield Slam twice against a rank 1 packpig, charged to full both times, and it did 316 and 281 damage. Those were both crits, as the ability gives 100% crit chance when charged over 66%, and I have 148.6 crit damage. I'm using a crafted Stoneborn vessel and a white bastard sword that does 73-99 damage. That's terrible damage.

Mighty Shield Slam does significantly more damage. I was hitting the target dummies for almost 1k with it, but it comes with the significant cost of all of my stamina, meaning no blocking or retaliates until it regenerates. Maybe this should be changed to work like Rehabilitation (Field Surgeon) where stamina is used to determine the strength, but it doesn't actually consume stamina to use it. In addition, I think Mighty Shield Slam should replace Shield Slam in the knight's kit and Mighty Shield Slam should be replaced on the Shield Fighter disc with something else. The pushback utility on these abilities is nice, but is far too situational, and we shouldn't need to use a major disc to make a base kit ability worthwhile.

Also of note for these abilities is that they both have 2 charge bars. First, a blue bar appears and charges to 100%, then we get a green bar that we also charge to 100%. It seems like the 66% is calculated based on the combination of these 2 bars, so we have to completely fill the first bar and then fill 16+% of the second bar. This is not very intuitive, but it's been like this forever. It would make a lot more sense if it was just one bar.

On the test server, mobs are not respawning. Also, the target dummies can die. One is dead already and the other 2 are near death. Once they die, they do not respawn.