Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ble

5v5 Tournament

Recommended Posts

Want to gauge interest in a tournament of 5v5.  I've done these in many games and it's usually lots of fun. 

I'd like to do single healer, single champion and single stealther.   

This would ensure the fight happens with relative equal opportunity to initiate (vs 5 stealther), doesn't last forever (2 healers) and isn't a champ fest.

I'd probably do a gold entry fee, then, depending on how many entrants, do a weighted split to top 2 or 3.

Counter-discing would be allowed but you'd have to fight the tourney with the group you signed up with (same classes/characters).

We'd get a chance at grabbing lots of great content for videos (and bragging rights!).

 

Bueller? Bueller?

 

Lemme know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, he is saying that you sign up with Comp (disks, spec's, etc) and you can't change.

 


"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ble the big unofficial cf discord tried this and out of the 3k people in dis one team showed up.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down but you might need subs for matches and the tournies might have to spread out to find good match times... also no swapping discs during combat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

@Ble the big unofficial cf discord tried this and out of the 3k people in dis one team showed up.  

Honestly I think a better idea would be to just contact all the more active larger guilds, both NA and EU, and see if they're interested in sending a couple (a few) teams each. There might be what, 4 to 6 of these guilds in total? Then PUGs can join in once there's a core of participation. CAL once did a big event like this (colisseum) and it was pretty successful. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

Honestly I think a better idea would be to just contact all the more active larger guilds, both NA and EU, and see if they're interested in sending a couple (a few) teams each. There might be what, 4 to 6 of these guilds in total? Then PUGs can join in once there's a core of participation. CAL once did a big event like this (colisseum) and it was pretty successful. 

All of the larger active guilds were aware of the last tourney, none of them chose to enter but Caldera.  All of the major guilds are in that discord. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like some playerbase could be drummed up to play in this. 5.8 has a large influx of players new and old who seem more keen on fighting and participating than 5.7. I'm in support of this :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been envolved in a couple 5v5 1 healer scrims and they have been a lot of fun.  I know I would be down with getting involved in this and could probably put together a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to do some informal 4v4s or 5v5s.  I really want to see how weapon dmg changes stuff before I go into the time/trouble of an official tourney in case people need to level new vessels for class changes/spec changes etc.

 

If anyone wants to hit me up after NA siege zergs die down (siege end+ 1hr), I'd like to get some matches in.  Win/Loss, it would be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...