Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandalore

Cleric builds

So I’ve had a few people PM me and ask about Cleric builds, instead of typing the same reply a few times I figured I’d post it.  

Race:  Human is prob the default best race.  The extra passive and bar slots are excellent allowing more diversity with minor runes.  The .03% less incoming damage is nice too since it’s in the same group as block or sturdy and not actually “armor”.  Once cloak is added I suspect human will be the best by a large margin.  Dwarf is second with the higher base Spirit, con and passive giving you 5% more healing every knockdown.  Cent and HG are equally at the bottom imo (with the nerf to iframes).  

Major Disc: I run field surgeon on every cleric.  Purgative removes dots and becomes a decent sized heal when even removing two hots.  Rescue is an almost required ability but requires skill to use and has a long cd.  Noble Purpose makes mana management a joke.  The rune gives 6.5% healing mod.  The only “eh” thing is the rehabilitation heal and it’s really not even bad it’s just not redicilous like everything else.  For a second major I like Pixie or Rune caster, as preventing damage can be just as good as healing through it.  Militant Mage/Scarecrow/Firewalker all can be used if you know people will be heavy on them. 

Minors:  If running Human and I have access to a jewelcrafter Expansive Mind/Hand of Glory/Overhelming Odds.  If human and no JC Expansive Mind/Sturdy/Overhelming Odds.  If running dwarf I’ll run expansive mind/demons pact/overwhelming odds.  

Passives:  Crusader, Noble Purpose, OW and sturdy if you have it or the Cleric -% crit chance 

Note:  if you can sneak it in Bc you’re not being targeted you can use your mail chest piece and leather boots, helm and gloves.  Your chest piece determines all your resists and you can sneak the extra healing mod on leather off pieces if you don’t need the health.  It’s risky and people see you’re wearing leather you will get called out and smashed. 

Miracle is an absolute power house heal.  You can use it as an o poorly made socks button to heal the party and you can use it save yourself.  Use it wisely as building spirit power custard sucks. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Invulns still functional... whether ACE intends it that way or not, i dont know.

Did they remove the invulns from the ults only, leaving them on the HG racial?

15 minutes ago, Audin said:

@mandalore Can you explain more about the importance of Hand of Glory? I am guessing its more about the jewelry than the +5 perception?

An extra ring.  Here's some examples of rings (ignore the necks). 

The healing mod is a % increase to all of your heals.  The personal healing mod is a bonus % to heals healing you. 

cyjax_gear.png

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

An extra ring.  Here's some examples of rings (ignore the necks). 

The healing mod is a % increase to all of your heals.  The personal healing mod is a bonus % to heals healing you. 

cyjax_gear.png

Nice. So by default a crow can only use one ring at a time ? With that passive it allows you to wear two correct?   The Guineceans have a "Slot Granted: RIng Slot" Does that mean they can already wear two rings?

You have two hands.  One ring in each.  D&D rules.  The hamster gets a third.  The minor gives you a third.  Humans will eventually get cloaks with similar stats (similar being the opertive word).   

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Zatch said:

Forgot rat Cleric. Go Go Go @Jah, learn these scrubs the way of the rodent!

I despise the rodant but it’s really not that bad; I just hate the way they look.  You could easily run three rings, demons pact/expansive mind/overwhelming odds, field Surgeon and -insert major tune of choice.  You would be one less button than human and human will eventually get cloak but until then they are all really close.  I still prefer the 3% less damage from human over some sub par stealth. 

wiDfyPp.png

17 hours ago, mandalore said:

I despise the rodant but it’s really not that bad; I just hate the way they look.  You could easily run three rings, demons pact/expansive mind/overwhelming odds, field Surgeon and -insert major tune of choice.  You would be one less button than human and human will eventually get cloak but until then they are all really close.  I still prefer the 3% less damage from human over some sub par stealth. 

Plus having a 3 pointed hat in mail armor is stupid.. wish the mail looked different for them.

1 minute ago, yianni said:

not sure overwhelming odds is even worth it anymore

With penetrations being so high and health being so low I prefer it over sturdy.  There are only a handful of decent minors, the vast majority of minors are trash. 

wiDfyPp.png

Hi, I'm still a new crow, but the cleric (Crusader) seems to me to be a very good healer / support class.

Thanks Mandalore, your introduction to the cleric helped me a lot.
So I have also decided to play the cleric as a human being. The discipline field surgeon is also a good thing.
As a second discipline I use the bard as he offers interesting support with his songs. But if we get mounts again, maybe I'll switch to rune caster discipline.
The minor disciplines I use like you, with Expansive Mind / Hand of Glory / Overhelming Odds, this setup works very well for me.

But maybe you can help me with a few more questions ...

With the New Talent Tree (5.8.3), did I take everything except Crit Damage, Crit Hit Chance and Attack Power?
Is this the right way or are there other talents that you can safely do without?

And what about the attribute distribution?
As a human (white vessel) I now have KON 55, SPI 70, DEX 30, STR 55, INT 63 - most points in KON, SPI, INT, nothing in STR and a little in DEX - but I'm not sure if I am could not distribute the points more optimally?

1 hour ago, Dorthiven said:

Hi, I'm still a new crow, but the cleric (Crusader) seems to me to be a very good healer / support class.

Thanks Mandalore, your introduction to the cleric helped me a lot.
So I have also decided to play the cleric as a human being. The discipline field surgeon is also a good thing.
As a second discipline I use the bard as he offers interesting support with his songs. But if we get mounts again, maybe I'll switch to rune caster discipline.
The minor disciplines I use like you, with Expansive Mind / Hand of Glory / Overhelming Odds, this setup works very well for me.

But maybe you can help me with a few more questions ...

With the New Talent Tree (5.8.3), did I take everything except Crit Damage, Crit Hit Chance and Attack Power?
Is this the right way or are there other talents that you can safely do without?

And what about the attribute distribution?
As a human (white vessel) I now have KON 55, SPI 70, DEX 30, STR 55, INT 63 - most points in KON, SPI, INT, nothing in STR and a little in DEX - but I'm not sure if I am could not distribute the points more optimally?

Just drop them all into spr or int.  I personally dump all of mine into spr but i never ask for good gear, with blues you can easily hit the 1k support cap so if you know you're going to then I suggest going int. 

I also put at as little points into those three stats as well in my talents.

It's important to note that the crusader cleric is an excellent sustain the group healer with holy circle and illuminate being base but it doesn't have as high as HPS as the earthwarden druid.  The cleric brings buffs with holy /vengeful aura, it brings crit healing chance and amount with holy circle, illuminate brings health and resource sustain but it doesn't heal as much as the druid base kit.  If you're going for a support healer who brings utility and has innate durability then Crusader is a good healer.  If you wanna be a higher HPS but trade off some support/tank then Earthwarden is better.  Eventually Paladin Templar will work and it will be a hold this ground healer. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png