Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yoink

Victory point change will not fix main issue w forts/outpost

Recommended Posts

The seasonal victory point adjustment is fine but it will not fix the main issue with forts/outposts.

They are not fun. 95% of fort/outpost game play is unopposed standing in a circle. I know a lot of info was released recently. Was this addressed at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be addressed by higher populations. If there are enough people, forts won't be left empty. Also, once the embargo system is added, we will have to do all of our crafting in forts and keeps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Territory system where u need to cap points to get to the forts would work great especially with the new system. Would mean u can see attacks on forts coming as the camps get pushed toward forts so you can muster a defence before they get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, Arkade said:

It will be addressed by higher populations. If there are enough people, forts won't be left empty.

The only people I see at forts are the war parties as they flip them, and harvesters who are only there as long as it takes to pop in, bank goods, & grab fresh tools.

Given current mechanics, I see no reason for a craftsman to ever go to a fort, and PvPers will only sit there if they know a fight is coming that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, Yoink said:

The seasonal victory point adjustment is fine but it will not fix the main issue with forts/outposts.

They are not fun. 95% of fort/outpost game play is unopposed standing in a circle. I know a lot of info was released recently. Was this addressed at all?

I agree. 

 

Edited by mandalore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VaMei said:

The only people I see at forts are the war parties as they flip them, and harvesters who are only there as long as it takes to pop in, bank goods, & grab fresh tools.

Given current mechanics, I see no reason for a craftsman to ever go to a fort, and PvPers will only sit there if they know a fight is coming that way.

yep unless there a warning system like a territory system where u can see point being captured to get to a fort there wont be a defence so it will just be an empty fort no matter the population.
New system will be back cap the fort with higher value and slowly work the way around the map flipping them all and ignoring outposts again, boring all i can say.

I do think a territory system + the system there adding will work realy well together because the back lines will build up points to promote people trying to push in deeper and more value in defending the territory to stop them pushing in to get the juicy points.

Edited by veeshan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they said on Twitch that the Global Alert, or whatever you want to call it, is not working correctly, so that I believe should alert everyone in the zone that a fort or outpost is under attack. I believe the map is also supposed to highlight what is being attacked but it is also not working correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to add something like random crafting buffs for forts. Whichever side has control of that fort gets the bonus.

 

And the buffs need to be something that would make people actually want to go there and craft....

Edited by Kryshael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Doomshadow said:

I know they said on Twitch that the Global Alert, or whatever you want to call it, is not working correctly, so that I believe should alert everyone in the zone that a fort or outpost is under attack. I believe the map is also supposed to highlight what is being attacked but it is also not working correctly. 

Once the alerts are working, and if the forts with the new guards on test can keep players busy long enough for aid to arrive before the fight is over, forts might be ok.

Outposts might be ok for small group with the alerts, map fix, and guards, but I am unconvinced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kryshael said:

They need to add something like random crafting buffs for forts. Whichever side has control of that fort gets the bonus.

 

And the buffs need to be something that would make people actually want to go there and craft....

Game is already too much farmville. This is supposed to be a PvP game but currently lack purpose and direction in that. Point capping things that can be immediately flipped seconds later is not fun. It's not worth fighting over. People DON'T fight over them and no one gives 2 fks the points because of that. Seasonal changes aren't going to change this. Fort flip-flopping every few moments is boring. Why would you sit there? 

Lag, gross balance issues, spirit banking resources, and no permanence to anything except keeps is what is ruining the pvp. You don't invest in something that can be taken with someone using normal weapons to beat down a hole in the wall to just solo take it back. EKs and keep crafting means there is zero reason to have the keep. Then at the end of the campaign with these huge numbers, no one actually cares about that. No one thinks, oh wow, you guys did good. They stopped caring that first morning after the new campaign push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd promote needing a percentage of the outposts on a map or surrounding a fort parcel be capped before the fort can be attacked...    this would produce multiple alerts and the map will show the enemy territory creep like in the original video...  guild/faction colors bleed across the land and flags change in a front line, offensive push or pocket. 

 

Edited by Frykka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can watch territory creep now if you watch the map for outpost flags flipping... when people are bothering with outposts, lol.

I'm grateful Todd is hesitant to introduce any mechanic forcing us to attack specific targets. With enough of a populace that hand holding nonsense isn't necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/1/2019 at 2:38 AM, veeshan said:

Territory system where u need to cap points to get to the forts would work great especially with the new system. Would mean u can see attacks on forts coming as the camps get pushed toward forts so you can muster a defence before they get there.

@signed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

No one cares about points - cause everyone has exports.   Just limit exports to the winning faction and things change.

has the potential of the whole slippery slope thing though. although doing things like taking forts and camps providing export may be better option

Without a terriroty system though even with this change u wouldnt get more comflict cause ull just be attacking undefefended points so yeahhhhhhh

Edited by veeshan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2019 at 9:59 PM, moneda said:

You can watch territory creep now if you watch the map for outpost flags flipping... when people are bothering with outposts, lol.

I'm grateful Todd is hesitant to introduce any mechanic forcing us to attack specific targets. With enough of a populace that hand holding nonsense isn't necessary. 

You can sit at where u think they be going next but if they dont like there odd they just run off to another point past that one. you end up forever chasing ghosts at that stage which is a waste of time if ur not caping point back while you chase them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...