Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

It's da bomb... Archdruid bomb compilation

11 minutes ago, yianni said:

Only thing that needs fixed is the animation so people can see it. Druid bombs have been in-game for a long time. It's not new. 

The time I'm sitting back setting up I could be doing dps if I was playing another class. It all adds up in the end. Just in one big burst IF it succeeds and people don't move away or dodge. Or someone doesn't take them if I'm grouped

not very sure what ACE will fix performance issues and animation issues anytime soon. correct me, they plained to soft launch this year.

those orb explosion can be at least get fixed by make enemy orbs visible all the time (purple color for example). so ppl wont stay there and can be noticed about possible explosion.

they dont do this. and you can complain about how hard this to success or how much time it take to load up orbs and take a right moment to exploide but result is the same - oneshot from nothere while in massive cluster stuck.

all problems comes from summary of alot of issues. we can wait for a bright future forever

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I agree, it should be removed asap. 

not removed but remaked somehow. this explosion mechanic is a nice and unique but ruined in terrible implementation of summary broken mechanics

Discord makkon#8550

I kinda think it's an interesting mechanic, it's definitely unique. It's obviously bugged, but once fixed and visible to enemies it ought to be fairly easy to avoid. That will make it even more niche and public opinion will go from "this druid build is cheap and boring! no skill!" to "anyone that dies to this literally has no skill! SO EASY to avoid!"

If you like it, @yianni, then go you. I happened to enjoy watching your video. 

2 minutes ago, makkon said:

not removed but remaked somehow. this explosion mechanic is a nice and unique but ruined in terrible implementation of summary broken mechanics

Remove the one shot mechanic, idc if they leave the core of it as long as it doesn't just insta-gib some moron bc he's new.  There's no other ability in the game that insta kills you if don't move. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Remove the one shot mechanic, idc if they leave the core of it as long as it doesn't just insta-gib some moron bc he's new. 

Mandalore alternates between caring for the newbies and telling them to "git gud" lol. 

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Remove the one shot mechanic, idc if they leave the core of it as long as it doesn't just insta-gib some moron bc he's new. 

dunno. I still think removing already maked mechanics makes CF more boring than it was. there are alot of ways to fix it (without removing or divide by 100 like they did usually):

1) split damage mechanic if loaded more >= 2 enemy. else each next orb damage decreased by half

2) decrease damage by X% for every next orb

3) cap damage

4) visible orbs for enemy

5) decrease amount of orbs exploided in one time

6) make it exploide first orb and all other orbs put on nature dot effect based on amount of orbs exploided

7) remake it to anything else

and alot of more ways.

Discord makkon#8550

11 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Mandalore alternates between caring for the newbies and telling them to "git gud" lol. 

I wanna beat them into submission and burn their assets not make bromego tummy stick videos one shoting them for YouTube laughs. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

16 minutes ago, yianni said:

they wont make them visible, theyll just fix it as it was. they glow right before they explode. then you have time to gtfo

Oh wait... You're not supposed to see them?

I retract most of my statements other than "I think it's a cool mechanic" then due to my ignorance. I still like the mechanic but maybe you ought to see enemy orbs that are able to be turned into bombs? 

I don't even know now lol

2 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I retract most of my statements other than "I think it's a cool mechanic" then due to my ignorance. I still like the mechanic but maybe you ought to see enemy orbs that are able to be turned into bombs? 

then youd have to be really dumb or blind to not get bombed

14 minutes ago, Samulus said:

They are supposed to be invisible to enemies while being placed, but appear before blowing up, giving you some time to react.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, yianni said:

then youd have to be really dumb or blind to not get bombed

This is true, which is why I said what I did earlier. 

I've honestly been trying to get my wife to play this spec since I saw your video weeks ago during that fort battle (that video is probably one of the ones that tipped us into finally buying into the pre-alpha), just so I can see it played "without highlights".

Since you play it and all, do you think it's gimicky? 

34 minutes ago, yianni said:

they wont make them visible, theyll just fix it as it was. they glow right before they explode. then you have time to gtfo

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the dmg from the orbs was going to be changed to a severe corruption dot that will have a chance to be cleansed.

2 hours ago, cyjax said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the dmg from the orbs was going to be changed to a severe corruption dot that will have a chance to be cleansed.

i wouldnt be surprised if they nerfed it, itll most likely make druid even more watered down

You have 2 seconds from when the orbs go from green(only group visible/heals) to turning purple(visible to everyone/explosion) to get out of the small range. This should be plenty of time to move. Due to a bug the purple orbs appear after the explosion.

2 seconds really should be enough time to block, dodge, leap, and or ultimate to get out/mitigate the explosion.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

56 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

You have 2 seconds from when the orbs go from green(only group visible/heals) to turning purple(visible to everyone/explosion) to get out of the small range. This should be plenty of time to move. Due to a bug the purple orbs appear after the explosion.

2 seconds really should be enough time to block, dodge, leap, and or ultimate to get out/mitigate the explosion.

It looks like it's fixed and test 

this is an old debate.

technically you also see hints of enemy "invisible" orb bloom being placed too. [the yellow's flower bloom fx]

generally i'd weigh on it being incredibly gimmicky.

it was fun when you could through it out every now and then on your healer with other utility - but now it has all been severely watered down on all three. and to rely on it 'full time' without other elements would drive me mad.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

this is an old debate.

technically you also see hints of enemy "invisible" orb bloom being placed too. [the yellow's flower bloom fx]

generally i'd weigh on it being incredibly gimmicky.

it was fun when you could through it out every now and then on your healer with other utility - but now it has all been severely watered down on all three. and to rely on it 'full time' without other elements would drive me mad.

yeah but when those bombs hit... such a good feeling. i've gotten better at placing them and been grouping with confessors, although with the sanctifier change that wont be viable anymore, and might have to be groupless. the whole set up time and if the bombs dont go off and hit anyone is pretty much  a waste. you dont do much for the group tbh, unless you get bombs off