Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

It's da bomb... Archdruid bomb compilation

4 minutes ago, yianni said:

yeah but when those bombs hit... such a good feeling. i've gotten better at placing them and been grouping with confessors, although with the sanctifier change that wont be viable anymore, and might have to be groupless. the whole set up time and if the bombs dont go off and hit anyone is pretty much  a waste. you dont do much for the group tbh, unless you get bombs off

this is another key design problem:

to best do orb explosions you'd want to run without a group................entirely losing the utility of group PACK AVATAR [p.s. 5m recast is terrible - really wish 'basic avatar' was still an option in general for archdruid and for offensive ess generation too. RIP +1 chain avatar on earthkeeper as well for the 5 seconds we had that.

Edited by Tinnis

24 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

this is another key design problem:

to best do orb explosions you'd want to run without a group................entirely losing the utility of group PACK AVATAR [p.s. 5m recast is terrible - really wish 'basic avatar' was still an option in general for archdruid and for offensive ess generation too. RIP +1 chain avatar on earthkeeper as well for the 5 seconds we had that.

yup its not the best, waste of pack avatar outside of group. 5m cd is pretty bad 

14 hours ago, thomasblair said:

2 seconds really should be enough time to block, dodge, leap, and or ultimate to get out/mitigate the explosion.

I have no idea what the radius is but "sprint at normal (unbuffed) combat speed immediately upon seeing them" needs to be a part of that list. If upon them becoming visible I don't have enough time to simply run away from them but instead have to rely on blocks which my class may not have, dodge pips that I may not have, or ultimates which may not actually save me if they are only a bubble rather than invulnerability then this will be a bad mechanic even when the bug is fixed.

36 minutes ago, Darguth said:

I have no idea what the radius is but "sprint at normal (unbuffed) combat speed immediately upon seeing them" needs to be a part of that list. If upon them becoming visible I don't have enough time to simply run away from them but instead have to rely on blocks which my class may not have, dodge pips that I may not have, or ultimates which may not actually save me if they are only a bubble rather than invulnerability then this will be a bad mechanic even when the bug is fixed.

use them wisely my friend

2 minutes ago, yianni said:

use them wisely my friend

Except you can't if you have to reserve them in order to avoid one-hit-kill combos. That no longer presents a choice to the player with regards to these resources. That's less engaging gameplay, you want to present players with hard choices. Avoiding insta-death is hardly a hard choice to make.

Edited by Darguth

When there's an enemy Druid with a staff on the battlefield (or on the walls of a fort/keep) you have to keep in mind the possibility of a bomb attack, that's just a part of the game, along with the possibility of an extra (or more) enemy awaiting in stealth, or your enemy stalling for reinforcements. The choice on how you use your available resources in those situations determines what surprises you are or are not prepared for.

2 minutes ago, moneda said:

When there's an enemy Druid with a staff on the battlefield (or on the walls of a fort/keep) you have to keep in mind the possibility of a bomb attack, that's just a part of the game, along with the possibility of an extra (or more) enemy awaiting in stealth, or your enemy stalling for reinforcements. The choice on how you use your available resources in those situations determines what surprises you are or are not prepared for.

This is a false equivalence because those other threats do not generally represent instantaneous death, particularly delivered by a lone opponent.  (Sure you could be more-or-less instantly gibbed by X number of stealthers popping on you simultaneously, but that's a classic outnumbered/Zerg issue and not what we're discussing.)

Additionally there's a multitude of ways to play out those scenarios because they represent combat gameplay at a macro level. Here we're talking about one specific type of interaction with a split second of a decision making opportunity or die. Personally, I want to play an MMORPG and not a quick-event mini-game where I press the right button immediately or lose. Specifically because losing/dying in this context is significantly different from losing/dying in the context of every other quick-event mini-game I'm aware of.

To reiterate, I'm not making an argument to scrap the concept of triggered bombs that players need to avoid (and potentially save resources to be able to avoid). I'm saying that 1-shot-kills are generally a bad idea in a game where you generally should be designing towards a longer TTK.

Just now, moneda said:

Also, "instantaneous" is a false categorization of a mechanic that takes as long to set up as this does.

Not from the perception of the person triggering the trap. We need to observe both sides of this. Of course it feels great and satisfying when you lay this trap and it takes awhile and you need to work on position and then you pull it off and see people crumple. But to the mook on the other end he just gets gibbed outta nowhere and has no opportunity to do anything about it. That's a terribly negative play experience, worsened by the fact that it's a self-reinforcing loop. The person that pulled it off feels good and wants to do it again and again. Compared to something that's just clearly over-tuned OP where you're slaying foes with a simple click of a button, eventually that gets boring to most people and you'd just walk away from it.

1 minute ago, Darguth said:

But to the mook on the other end he just gets gibbed outta nowhere and has no opportunity to do anything about it.

Incorrect, that's not how this plays out. I've been that mook, many, many times; from 1v1 scenarios to keep sieges. When it wasn't bugged, as has been described earlier in this thread, you do have opportunity to do something, provided you weren't playing poorly while your Druid opponent was setting this up.

5 minutes ago, moneda said:

Incorrect, that's not how this plays out. I've been that mook, many, many times; from 1v1 scenarios to keep sieges. When it wasn't bugged, as has been described earlier in this thread, you do have opportunity to do something, provided you weren't playing poorly while your Druid opponent was setting this up.

I'll wait to see how it plays out when the bug is fixed then.

17 hours ago, thomasblair said:

You have 2 seconds from when the orbs go from green(only group visible/heals) to turning purple(visible to everyone/explosion) to get out of the small range. This should be plenty of time to move. Due to a bug the purple orbs appear after the explosion.

2 seconds really should be enough time to block, dodge, leap, and or ultimate to get out/mitigate the explosion.

When can we expect this to be back in?

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png