Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Faction selection

My friend selected Order faction by default I believe. I selected Chaos ....guess what...now we cant play together. Great job. We both deleted our character and we still cant change. 

Great job! I guess we'll go play rocket league or pubg

You will be able to change faction again when next campaign happen in the next 1-2 days cant remember off the top of my head till next one launches. but this is a common problem it seems for newbies :) atleast campaigns are short atm but once we get to the longer ones it will suck

I feel they need to make it a little more clear in character creation when choosing factions.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

13 hours ago, Qlimax said:

Great job! I guess we'll go play rocket league or pubg

There is a lot of research and trial/error when you are testing a pre-alpha game. Take this experience as a sign and indication of current development, you will encounter other things that annoy you or break your gameplay with your buddy. You may not want to actually try and enjoy the game for what it is yet if you are not down to test and help squash bugs.

Threatening an Indy developer with "GJ, I'm going to go play some other, more popular and successful game" after playing their not-even-released-yet game (after downloading and acknowledging via somewhere around 3 different prompts within game and on the download page that the game is in pre-alpha and not a fully functioning game) for the lack of attention you and your buddy had is kinda unfair. 

Why are you acting like it is the game's fault that you and your friend didn't coordinate? Luckily, new campaign starts soon.

This is a pvp game, so they don't want players creating characters on the enemy team to spy or sabotage

51 minutes ago, untuin said:

Why are you acting like it is the game's fault that you and your friend didn't coordinate? Luckily, new campaign starts soon.

This is a pvp game, so they don't want players creating characters on the enemy team to spy or sabotage

That will happen anyway with multiple accounts, but more importantly, they don't want people to join a faction, realize they are losing, and then jump to the side that is winning.

It isn't hard to coordinate with your friends as to which faction you are going to join, but if you do mess up, there will be other campaigns available that you can join. You can just unlock from the campaign you originally chose and then both join a different campaign as the same faction. It's not the end of the world. You can do that now, in fact, if you don't mind a little higher ping. At least you'll get to play together.

Edited by Arkade
  • 2 years later...

How do you even choose a faction?  My friend and I started playing and without it giving a choice to us he was sent to earth, me to sun.  When we turned level 19 it auto assigned us.  Please help

3 minutes ago, stormigan72 said:

How do you even choose a faction?  My friend and I started playing and without it giving a choice to us he was sent to earth, me to sun.  When we turned level 19 it auto assigned us.  Please help

In the Infected World, there is the Sentinel in the middle of your faction's Temple - to one direction there is a Tree where you can interact with something and fill up your food ticker. Near there, are 2 stalls - the one with the faction banners allows you to change faction. You must wait 1 hour after starting a new character to change, but otherwise, this will change your faction.

13 hours ago, stormigan72 said:

Go to the Tree of Life in a temple. Near the tree you will see a couple of tents. In one of the tents there are 3 faction banners, click on the faction you wish to join.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png