Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.1 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 1/16/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.1 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

While capturing outposts, they did not neutralize when they hit 0 capture and instead ticked up as the hostile faction. Tried this on both a tower outpost and a campfire outpost. Some guards respawned during the "tick up" stage when the point should be neutral and they were aligned with the hostile faction, so it was not a UI bug. Once it hit enough meter to capture it flipped over to my faction like normal.  I did receive the capture bonus, with the 0.9x season bonus so that's working properly.

Removing mounts is a drastic change and it hurts but I guess it makes more sense to roll characters with intrinsic speed buffs now for roaming around.

I noticed the same bug as Nerd - the status did not change to neutral at the usual place, and at "0" a "Captured" message displayed and the camp remained in the possession of the original faction and the meter looked like it was ticking up for the enemy.  Only when the ticker reached the normal spot for change in control did the guards and the camp become controlled by the attacking faction.

January 16, 2019

• Splitting Distance doesn’t show up as a passive buff, nor does it apply its effect
  • GTAoEs are working now! Huzzah!
  • EK Parcels can be renamed! Though the EK needs to restart before the Entering Parcel Flytext updates itself 
  • Having the location and grid coords is a nice addition 
  • New Toast messages are a lot nicer, though the text itself is still redundant. i.e “The fort at Harrison’s Fort is being Captured” or “The Keep at Sunset Keep has been Captured”
  • If you use Duelist’s Inconceivable! while you still have the buffs from the last time you used Inconceivable!, the power will go off and consume pips, but not roll new buffs.
  • New Guard placements at the keep are nice, will have to try soloing a keep/fort later
  • Combat Log doesn’t report damage type. Would be useful in knowing if the guards do use different ammo types correctly 
  • I have a tendency to get kicked to lobby when either joining a world, or changing zones. Switching to a different vessel is a workaround when joining worlds, and joining the world again fixes the zoning issue
  • Duelist’s Dirge passive doesn’t show up as a passive

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Not sure how long this has been a bug and if it's known, but when leveling up a Vessel, you don't keep exp. As in, if I am at "340/350 xp" and sacrifice something that gives me 60 xp, instead of having 50xp at the start of the next level I start with 0. 

wut:

Removed Mount Saddles from Crafting Recipes.

legacy mounts OP? ;p whats going on here then

also is the druid orb adjustment up or down? [i assume down]

Coalesce Life: Removed an amount scalar that was incorrect being applied based to all Orb types if the player had the talent Flow of Nature.

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, PaN_da said:

Not sure how long this has been a bug and if it's known, but when leveling up a Vessel, you don't keep exp. As in, if I am at "340/350 xp" and sacrifice something that gives me 60 xp, instead of having 50xp at the start of the next level I start with 0. 

That's how it has been forever (well as long as I've played at least so not that long) and it's not a bug. There are no XP carry over.

2 hours ago, Sogar said:

That's how it has been forever (well as long as I've played at least so not that long) and it's not a bug. There are no XP carry over.

Hmm that kinda sucks imo, but thank you. 

Why are there forts that gain a bonus more than they give points? I understand the catch up mechanic, but giving 110% points is stupid, it makes factions not want to take forts because they will be giving the enemy points.

4 hours ago, Tinnis said:

wut:

legacy mounts OP? ;p whats going on here then

I'd be really surprised if an item wipe wasn't included with the patch of live to 5.8.1

1 hour ago, PaN_da said:

Hmm that kinda sucks imo, but thank you. 

Hopefully that is one of the things they fix, along with just making it easier to sacrifice in general. If I have 17,500 gold, I should be able to sacrifice it all at once to go from level 1 to 30, instead of having to separate the gold and interact with the brazier 29 separate times.

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

Hopefully that is one of the things they fix, along with just making it easier to sacrifice in general. If I have 17,500 gold, I should be able to sacrifice it all at once to go from level 1 to 30, instead of having to separate the gold and interact with the brazier 29 separate times.

thats something i still havent understood, how do you separate things in your items?

17 minutes ago, PaN_da said:

thats something i still havent understood, how do you separate things in your items?

SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK will allow you to separate stacks of items.

3 minutes ago, Darguth said:

SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK will allow you to separate stacks of items.

Oooohhh thank you very much <3 

While fighting outpost guards on my conqueror HG myrmidon, my blood of the giants racial ability shows that it has hatred built up but won't cast.  When dueling in an EK however, it works fine.

Medicaid and I tested fort walls and found that we could not damage them with LMB attacks or a catapult.  There also was no shield bar on the mouse over.

I understand that removing the mounts was to stop their abuse while running from fights.  No mounts though means less fights will occur over all and heavily skew players towards trail master classes.  An easy compromise would be to either make the cast time for mounts longer or only allow the slower mount.

If outposts are intended to be a solo/duo attraction, why do they take so long to capture while solo/duo?

Please make it so spy accounts can not /who a faction's chat channel.

Edited by CurvedJohnson

There's some adjustment in the xp granted by crafted items but architectural frames are still broken. 1554 xp from 5 wood and 5 ore doesn't seem right.

Edited by Extintor

59 minutes ago, CurvedJohnson said:

Medicaid and I tested fort walls and found that we could not damage them with LMB attacks or a catapult.  There also was no shield bar on the mouse over.

@vkromas

Can confirm the walls are immune to damage