Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkWetwork

Campaign zone control faction-wide bonuses

Adding a passive faction-wide bonus to certain zones would add some conquering satisfaction in addition to points.  This would give zone control more meaning to your team and could fuel strategic choices in where to assault.

In the future, there are many story and art reasons a zone might give a bonus.  "We're short on wood for our keep.  Let's take over the Forest of Plenty zone to give our harvesters a boost."

Once you decide you like this idea, you can turn the knob however you want, from buffs similar to basic food buffs to buffs like a node of a passive talent tree.  Combat rewards are fun.

I remember the satisfaction of games where you control strategic resource spots that give your empire a little bonus.  The bonus may be small, but man you'd war over it.  The juicy targets coupled with the points bonus for turnovers would fit the theme of creating appealing targets.  Are you going to defend your keep or the bonus zone?  While two factions fight over an apple bonus, you might lead a daring raid on their neglected forts.  Reasons to fight are fun.

i've argued against this multiple times. There is no need to boost harvesting. There is suppose to be limited resources. not unlimited resources. This means resources should be hard to get. A fully skilled gatherer can already have 5 pips in winter which is essentially the same as harvesting in spring.

screenshot of pip in winter

Here is a link to a screenshot i took. i currently have 1 pip in winter. This is with discipline (+1), and excavation basics (+1). If i use a potion and food buff, I'd be at 3 pips. If this was silver, I'd be at 4 as at the time of the screenshot, I have already trained the first node in silver for plentiful harvest. i'm about a week away from the last pip.

You can't get more than 5 pips. So I don't see a need for a buff. If anything, the mechanics should have a de-buff for people farming in areas you don't control.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:30 PM, sanfall said:

i've argued against this multiple times. There is no need to boost harvesting. There is suppose to be limited resources. not unlimited resources. This means resources should be hard to get. A fully skilled gatherer can already have 5 pips in winter which is essentially the same as harvesting in spring.

screenshot of pip in winter

Here is a link to a screenshot i took. i currently have 1 pip in winter. This is with discipline (+1), and excavation basics (+1). If i use a potion and food buff, I'd be at 3 pips. If this was silver, I'd be at 4 as at the time of the screenshot, I have already trained the first node in silver for plentiful harvest. i'm about a week away from the last pip.

You can't get more than 5 pips. So I don't see a need for a buff. If anything, the mechanics should have a de-buff for people farming in areas you don't control.

So you do like the idea of giving bonuses for territory control, you'd just like overall harvesting to be tuned down?

There are bonuses that can exist other than Harvest.  3% healing, 5% mounted speed, and out of combat health regen are in and I haven't heard of any problems with them.

i have no problems with buffs, but i don't think harvesting needs tweaking. if you want to buff combat, go ahead. I know very little when it comes to combat so i'm not going to comment on what would or would not be nice to have as I don't really know.