Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ginko

Fight the Zergs, Join Chaos Today!!!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Frykka said:

Several sieges featured both balance and chaos at our keep holding to non aggression towards each other and pinching our forces.   Maybe not coordinated but certainly intended cooperation.    This is not new... been going on and off.   Yes, chaos an balance do fight but as soon as we show they stop.

O I’m not disagreeing with you.  I posted that for buttercup (something jerk). 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the expansive nature of the Undead Alliance structure, Pest UDL has starting to hire contractors to help with his admin.

For those looking for the primary guild experience theres the core of the 10 year old alliance:

  • Undead Lords (70+)--the Knights of Myrkul, a death cult RP!
  • Lords of Death (70+)--Another death cult.
  • and Sinister (50+)--vaguely brooding folks that missed the memo on the naming scheme.

For those seeking a more unique experience, UDL offers a full range of subguild options:  

  • TheBalance (not to be confused with the faction) for the discerning roaming killer. 
  • Obsidian for the stealth obsessed Screeling 
  • Mostly Harmless, for the un-ironically named. 
  • Mithril Warhammers for the dwarvishly inclined

For the more independently minded Chaos member there is always Lords of the Dead (30+)(LotD, not to be confused with LoD)--another death cult not quite ready to make the jump to Undead Alliance. 

Any Elves, Former Elves, and Wannabe-Legolases  wishing to join the Undead Alliance may contact @nerion and @MarsJust, UDL Chief Ministers for Elven Re-education and Immigration. 

@Ginko's door is always open for any new guilds that have yet to hear about a Death Cult near you!  Preferred communication is through multiple PMs and spammed discord messages.

Join the Undead Alliance Today! 

 

 

This-Message-Paid-For-Jointly-By-Ministry-of-Elven-Re-education and Zerglings-for-Chaos-a-limited-liability-advocacy-group.

Edited by Angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Due to the expansive nature of the Undead Alliance structure, Pest UDL has starting to hire contractors to help with his admin.

For those looking for the primary guild experience theres the core of the 10 year old alliance:

  • Undead Lords (70+)--the Knights of Myrkul, a death cult RP!
  • Lords of Death (70+)--Another death cult.
  • and Sinister (50+)--vaguely brooding folks that missed the memo on the naming scheme.

For those seeking a more unique experience, UDL offers a full range of subguild options:  

  • TheBalance (not to be confused with the faction) for the discerning roaming killer. 
  • Obsidian for the stealth obsessed Screeling 
  • Mostly Harmless
  • Mithril Warhammers 

For the more independently minded Chaos member there is always Lords of the Dead (30+)(LotD, not to be confused with LoD)--another death cult not quite ready to make the jump to Undead Alliance. 

Any Elves, Former Elves, and Wannabe-Legolases  wishing to join the Undead Alliance may contact @nerion and @MarsJust, UDL Chief Ministers for Elven Re-education and Immigration. 

@Ginko door is always open for any new guilds that have yet to hear about a Death Cult near you!  Preferred communication is through multiple PMs and spammed discord messages.

Join the Undead Alliance Today! 

 

 

This-Message-Paid-For-Jointly-By-Ministry-of-Elven-Re-education and Zerglings-for-Chaos-a-limited-liability-advocacy-group.

A possible post of the year nomination.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frykka said:

Several sieges featured both balance and chaos at our keep holding to non aggression towards each other and pinching our forces.   Maybe not coordinated but certainly intended cooperation.    This is not new... been going on and off.   Yes, chaos an balance do fight but as soon as we show they stop.

Of course it's going to happen when you roll into while two groups are already engaged

I am fighting to win, of course I'm going to break the greatest threat on the field by any means necessary. This is an unspoken rule in any fight. I'll disengage my group to flank the larger force and force them to fight on two sides. Thats not a secret alliance or making deals with people in whispers, thats common sense and reacting to a degrading situation. 

It happens to all of us, like tonight at Tol Vendis while we were picking on Balance. You guys waited for us to breach and piled in behind to kill both factions, and a well played to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frykka said:

Several sieges featured both balance and chaos at our keep holding to non aggression towards each other and pinching our forces.   Maybe not coordinated but certainly intended cooperation.    This is not new... been going on and off.   Yes, chaos an balance do fight but as soon as we show they stop.

When a group of 20 is fighting another group of 20-25 and the 40 man order zerg comes along, expect the other 2 sides to hit the bigger force.


n0MnLtK.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Due to the expansive nature of the Undead Alliance structure, Pest UDL has starting to hire contractors to help with his admin.

For those looking for the primary guild experience theres the core of the 10 year old alliance:

  • Undead Lords (70+)--the Knights of Myrkul, a death cult RP!
  • Lords of Death (70+)--Another death cult.
  • and Sinister (50+)--vaguely brooding folks that missed the memo on the naming scheme.

For those seeking a more unique experience, UDL offers a full range of subguild options:  

  • TheBalance (not to be confused with the faction) for the discerning roaming killer. 
  • Obsidian for the stealth obsessed Screeling 
  • Mostly Harmless, for the un-ironically named. 
  • Mithril Warhammers for the dwarvishly inclined

For the more independently minded Chaos member there is always Lords of the Dead (30+)(LotD, not to be confused with LoD)--another death cult not quite ready to make the jump to Undead Alliance. 

Any Elves, Former Elves, and Wannabe-Legolases  wishing to join the Undead Alliance may contact @nerion and @MarsJust, UDL Chief Ministers for Elven Re-education and Immigration. 

@Ginko's door is always open for any new guilds that have yet to hear about a Death Cult near you!  Preferred communication is through multiple PMs and spammed discord messages.

Join the Undead Alliance Today! 

 

 

This-Message-Paid-For-Jointly-By-Ministry-of-Elven-Re-education and Zerglings-for-Chaos-a-limited-liability-advocacy-group.

In what game have you ever seen UDL be a server zerg? I'll wait.


n0MnLtK.png?2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ginko said:

In what game have you ever seen UDL be a server zerg? I'll wait.

How many games have you played?


qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ginko said:

20 years or so. Never had the largest force on a server that I can remember. Maybe you remember better. Doubt it tho.

 

How many games as a member of UDL have you played?  All in the past three or four years I suspect.  Wasn’t The Death Alliance a server crushing Zerg in DF? 

 

More importantly, what happened to your sense of humor.   


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any pics of the death alliance but I do have this one of the 'ol rainbow alliance, formed to crush the Death Alliance which was UDL/DHL/OPP/TB/TSP/acronym/acronym/acronym 

this.jpg

KAPOWE, feast your eyes on this little gem. It proves nothing nor contributes to this conversation other than tickling that ol nostalgia gibbler. Thats the city of Pleasure, Capital of DHL. and THAT is a pretty big rainbow zerg. Yes I played a wizardry wizard, leave me alone. 

@damebix who are those blue shields with the white sword?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good ole dragonscale.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chroma said:

The jokes on us because King Steven was actually young Jeff Bezos

I still can’t believe people allowed DS exist. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They served an important function, giving new players a soft place to land, aspects of RP, helped the community. They were never a pvp powerhouse but never gave up despite being punked in the field all the time. I remember thinking the same thing. "How are these guys still on the map?" Then someone baned Dragonscale and when all the big RPPVP guilds showed up to defend, it made sense. The big boys wanted him around, they appreciated dragonscale for what it was and wouldn't allow them to be destroyed by bloodthirsty pk'ers. I think thats the kind of community that people are looking for and thats the niche group Crowfall is trying to lure. People that leave loners or solo players alone because they play the same race or because they have a reputation for something other than PVP prowess, like running the top crafting guild and people don't want to be blacklisted. It reminds me of what Navystyles was saying a few days ago about the players deciding the victory conditions or something that raph writes about in the swg memoirs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chroma said:

They served an important function, giving new players a soft place to land, aspects of RP, helped the community. They were never a pvp powerhouse but never gave up despite being punked in the field all the time. I remember thinking the same thing. "How are these guys still on the map?" Then someone baned Dragonscale and when all the big RPPVP guilds showed up to defend, it made sense. The big boys wanted him around, they appreciated dragonscale for what it was and wouldn't allow them to be destroyed by bloodthirsty pk'ers. I think thats the kind of community that people are looking for and thats the niche group Crowfall is trying to lure. People that leave loners or solo players alone because they play the same race or because they have a reputation for something other than PVP prowess, like running the top crafting guild and people don't want to be blacklisted. It reminds me of what Navystyles was saying a few days ago about the players deciding the victory conditions or something that raph writes about in the swg memoirs. 

 

 

I don’t expect modern gamers to let another DS.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, mandalore said:

How many games as a member of UDL have you played?  All in the past three or four years I suspect.  Wasn’t The Death Alliance a server crushing Zerg in DF? 

 

More importantly, what happened to your sense of humor.   

 They really wanted my FP set  www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvR61xb400


                          Grief-super-small.png

https://twitch.TV/Badatron  

https://www.GriefGaming.pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chroma said:

I don't have any pics of the death alliance but I do have this one of the 'ol rainbow alliance, formed to crush the Death Alliance.

The rainbows were nutcupping shortly after server up on Mourning, well before UDL showed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell chaos is a zerg faction...  let's now start these recruit threads to force people's decisions on biased opinions.. that just leads to a imbalance for factions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep saying this, but being a "zerg" is more a mentality than being about pure numbers.  Zerg mentality is when all you care about is recruiting as many people as possible to throw at your enemy and hope for the best.  Its about ensuring that you always have superior numbers because that's what you think you need to win.  Not pointing fingers, but there certainly have been many guilds that played Shadowbane, Darkfall, and now Crowfall that have that mentality.  Its a mentality of Quantity over Quality.

The opposing viewpoint values quality over quantity, and prefers to fight against the "zerg" nations.  They believe that beating another force with superior numbers is a feat and should be celebrating.  Its similar to conservatives vs. liberals.  Either side isn't necessarily wrong in their beliefs, but they do each fight for what they believe in, and they both want to win.

All of that aside, unfortunately Crowfall has been identified as favoring the side with more numbers.  When you're in the middle of a lagfest, the side with more people has a greater chance of spamming enough powers to do damage to the enemy.  The game does seem very numbers sensitive (at the moment at least).

I don't think we've seen a true "zerg" guild in game yet, and once we do (and we all know its going to happen), it'll hopefully shake up the political landscape.  I will say, I am VERY happy to see new guilds pop up throughout all factions, because we need a more lot more than 3 guilds to make this game successful.

 

(Just to clarify in case anyone is confused on my position, Winterblades has always been supportive of smaller tighter-knit groups of people who take on the more "zerg-like" structured guilds.  Its been a passionate mission through Shadowbane & Darkfall.)


qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...