Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ginko

Fight the Zergs, Join Chaos Today!!!

4 hours ago, damebix said:

(Just to clarify in case anyone is confused on my position, Winterblades has always been supportive of smaller tighter-knit groups of people who take on the more "zerg-like" structured guilds.  Its been a passionate mission through Shadowbane & Darkfall.)

Is that why you guys ran 15 deep to disrupt a 5v5 that was being streamed by Galvia?

Edited by CurvedJohnson

I cannot bear witness to this...   Winterblades is honorable but has never once controlled its zerg or held to any desire for head to head numbers...   this is one of the reasons Sugoi and HoA have worked well together, when HoA was Chaos and we were balance we had dozens of equal number fights and allowed the loser to regroup and retool...  in the campaign world and not just EK practice.   We even attempted it, and still W could not give a good fight vs a lower number foe.   This was before any win conditions or reason to bring a zerg.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

59 minutes ago, Frykka said:

I cannot bear witness to this...   Winterblades is honorable but has never once controlled its zerg or held to any desire for head to head numbers...   this is one of the reasons Sugoi and HoA have worked well together, when HoA was Chaos and we were balance we had dozens of equal number fights and allowed the loser to regroup and retool...  in the campaign world and not just EK practice.   We even attempted it, and still W could not give a good fight vs a lower number foe.   This was before any win conditions or reason to bring a zerg.

Nonsense. I don't recall you asking for an arranged fight. Cuddles and Uya were always too uptight to even consider a friendly fight with Winterblades. If you have a different attitude, feel free to let us know when you want a fight. We almost always comply with such requests. Ask your buddies in HoA. We've had quite a few arranged fights with them.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, CurvedJohnson said:

Is that why you guys ran 15 deep to disrupt a 5v5 that was being streamed by Galvia?

Is 15 a zerg now?  If you allow yourself to be out manned by a force of 15 then I don't know what to tell you.  I hate white knighting for Winterblades (I've helped taken cities of theirs on emulated Sb and convinced Beancurd to rename it Failblades) but to call them a zerg because you can't compete with a reasonably sized force is just Forumfall shenanigans and bleh at best. 

Also, if you're streaming a fight you better damn well expect people to crash it.  In the future you could always pay HoA to protect you as a security force if you're unable to protect yourselves.   We accept all forms of Elvish money, mino slaves and paypal. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Is 15 a zerg now?  If you allow yourself to be out manned by a force of 15 then I don't know what to tell you.  I hate white knighting for Winterblades (I've helped taken cities of theirs on emulated Sb and convinced Beancurd to rename it Failblades) but to call them a zerg because you can't compete with a reasonably sized force is just Forumfall shenanigans and bleh at best. 

Also, if you're streaming a fight you better damn well expect people to crash it.  In the future you could always pay HoA to protect you as a security force if you're unable to protect yourselves.   We accept all forms of Elvish money, mino slaves and paypal. 

Well for one, no where in my post do I call them a zerg, i was specifically pointing out the contradiction in his last comment in parenthesis.  Also, we weren't streaming it, the Balance group that we were fighting was.

Just now, CurvedJohnson said:

Well for one, no where in my post do I call them a zerg, i was specifically pointing out the contradiction in his last comment in parenthesis.  Also, we weren't streaming it, the Balance group that we were fighting was.

So balance crashed a balanced organized skirmish?  Sounds like bad opsec to me.  Do you think they told W where it was? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

So balance crashed a balanced organized skirmish?  Sounds like bad opsec to me.  Do you think they told W where it was? 

It was not organized, my point in the post was that they saw the fight being streamed and came to crash it with 15.  This event contradicts his claims.

5 minutes ago, CurvedJohnson said:

It was not organized, my point in the post was that they saw the fight being streamed and came to crash it with 15.  This event contradicts his claims.

Do you think they think they needed 15?  That's not a troll, as how we perceive their intent shapes how we view the guilds actions.  I've fought against Winterblades in SB live, emulated SB and now in CF and in the 10+ years I've never once considered them a zerg. 

wiDfyPp.png

8 minutes ago, CurvedJohnson said:

How do you know what happened? Is this the standard streamer logic that goes, "Since I am streaming, anyone rolls up and kills me is a sniper" ?

IhhQKY6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

How do you know what happened? Is this the standard streamer logic that goes, "Since I am streaming, anyone rolls up and kills me is a sniper" ?

Do you guys normally go check parcels that don't have any PoIs?  Because this specific fight moved away from where it started to pretty random spot on the map.

Do you guys normally go check parcels that don't have any PoIs?  Because this specific fight moved away from where it started to pretty random spot on the map.

Did the parcel have an outpost or fort? Or was it between any two other outposts or forts? That could easily explain why people ran through an area without a POI. Streamers who jump to the conclusion they are getting sniped, while streaming an open world pvp game, are pretty lame.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, Frykka said:

One of the few upsides of everyone making tons of videos these days is the digital archive it creates.

One of my favorites: This was right as the first "big world" came out and right after -W- refused  Sugoi's pitch  to ally up against the rest of the CF community (-W- has swapped factions for server health multiple times, in fact):

There's also 15 more such fights of Winterblades vs Sugoi with even numbers or -W- outnumbered on my channel alone

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uDO1CFMG_4lYn0pILlJqrHHhfdX_79R

How's taking over guild lead from Cuddles and Uya going, Frykka? Sugoi ever going to make a comeback?

(Mostly ancient history at this point.... Digital archives make it a lot easier to dust off the history books tho)

Edited by Angelmar

Man I like that UI so much more.  Especially the hotbar.

^

wiDfyPp.png

I was there and we did have lots of good fights 15 v 15 or so...   that was over 2 years ago.   I know that none of us can control the newb zerg that follows us around looking for scraps, these fights just don't happen anymore in campaigns, or rarely.

Who forces the giant zerg ball?   Its a chicken or egg argument that has no beginning or end.   

Player interest as always waxes and wanes...   the long haul will tell.   We will have 20-30 again for 5.8.1 but then see sporadic players through Alpha...    after so many cycles of players coming and fading out, Beta will be where things stick through launch.  Any earlier plans seem to fade with interest.   I keep making poorly made socks and breakin poorly made socks.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 1/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, Angelmar said:

One of the few upsides of everyone making tons of videos these days is the digital archive it creates.

One of my favorites: This was right as the first "big world" came out and right after -W- refused  Sugoi's pitch  to ally up against the rest of the CF community (-W- has swapped factions for server health multiple times, in fact):

@Angelmar
With all due respect, the bold part is completely false.

You've also had internal discussion about joining up with HOA to create a mega zerg. 

One of the few upsides of everyone taking tons of screenshots these days is the digital archive it creates. You didn't join balance this time around for any virtuous reasons. One of the initial motivations was to try to destroy Sugoi and pick off as many members as you could. There is nothing wrong with that but lets not pretend that your intentions were righteous. Spinning is usually a tactic used to obfuscate the truth is it not?

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Tark said:

You've also had internal discussion about joining up with HOA to create a mega zerg. 

In all fairness we couldn’t use that guild name as that’s an established SbEmu guild.  I highly doubt Doon, Shuyin, Malant, Chimpy, Jeff or any of the MZMZMZMZ crew is expected to play in the pre-alpha for CF but I do expect them to eventually show up.  

Why is 40 bros a Zerg?  Not to derail your passion project of attacking Winterblades but is 40 bros really a server crushing mass of skill-less players? 

wiDfyPp.png

This game is about PvP to me, which means I won't always be on the winning side. Which means we will move to whichever side seems like it will get us the most PvP. Hopefully it's this way for most of you. No better way to kill a game we all enjoy than "nutcupping" it to death. 

So I beg you. Think across faction lines. Don't become shackled to an alliance. See the truth, be the change, side with PvP and never be lonely again!

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

In all fairness we couldn’t use that guild name as that’s an established SbEmu guild.  I highly doubt Doon, Shuyin, Malant, Chimpy, Jeff or any of the MZMZMZMZ crew is expected to play in the pre-alpha for CF but I do expect them to eventually show up.  

Why is 40 bros a Zerg?  Not to derail your passion project of attacking Winterblades but is 40 bros really a server crushing mass of skill-less players? 

Irrelevant to the point.