Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Leadership

I have been training in the crafting leadership and a crafting tree .

is it better to have a non crafter have crafting leadership as it takes a passive slot .  

Also so how does it work , what is all the numbers and details , I cannot see the buffs or effects .has anyone another topic or video on this ? 

Leadership buff require a group. If you are solo, you won't see any buffs. I'm pretty sure the leader gets the buff too, so it's fine to have a crafter use it. We don't really have many passives for crafting yet, so you should have room.

The crafting buffs give crafting basics stats, for the most part, which translates into more advanced stats. For example, each point of crafting basic assembly gives .25 points (or maybe it's .2, I forget) of assembly stat in every crafting profession. The same thing happens with the Experimentation and Experimentation Points stats. You can figure out the exact ratios by training the basic stats in the crafting basics tree and see how much each point increases your advanced stats.

The buff has a limited range. If you are crafting in a fort and you are in one of the side houses while the leader is in the throneroom, you might be out of range. They really should increase the range for the crafting buffs at least, but maybe they can't increase it for one without doing it for all of them. In the past, I have set up my EK with all of the crafting stations close to each other so I could park my account that had the leadership buff in the center and easily reach them all.

You make a good point about passive slot usage. 

That will depend on the race i suppose, as well as any future changes to the passives.

Right now there are 3 passives to use (Attention to Detail, Helper Monkey, Risk Management) - 

Humans get 4 slots, so a human crafter could equip crafting leadership as well as the current in-game passives.

2 hours ago, Hamlet said:

You make a good point about passive slot usage. 

That will depend on the race i suppose, as well as any future changes to the passives.

Right now there are 3 passives to use (Attention to Detail, Helper Monkey, Risk Management) - 

Humans get 4 slots, so a human crafter could equip crafting leadership as well as the current in-game passives.

Where do you get those passives?

8 minutes ago, Asim said:

I just slotted Attention to Detail and the craft details page showed no increase in Exp pips.  Am I missing something?

it's on caps, not on actual points

10 hours ago, Asim said:

I just slotted Attention to Detail and the craft details page showed no increase in Exp pips.  Am I missing something?

Risk management reduces risk factor by 1 (-10) so the quick chart i typed below you subtract to the added risk based on what lvl you pick. Based on a dev video on crafting for 5.8. the higher you are over the difficulty affects how the rolls curve up towards chances of Amazing Success. being near the skill creates peak near normal success with lower chance for critical fails and amazing success, and being far below curves you into higher chances of critical failures.
at about 25:55 he is using the spreadsheet and talking about how the skill effects outcome.

no risk is 0
Negligible = 10

Iforgethitsone - 20

Critical Risk 30

Catastrophic 40

Are You insanse 60

Helper monkey affects chance to assemble and experiment reduction by 10.

Attention to Detail -This increase risk point value by 1. making each pip "Better"

Basically, if you are crafting you want all three of these equipped if you are running experiments.. and well you should always.

Edited by Hamlet
wrong info.

I haven't trained or benefited from crafting leadership, but I really question how this improves gameplay. The combat & harvest leadership make sense to me, but crafting? Once the changes to discs & recipes are in game, any serious craftsmen will already be an alt. Should that alt craftsman then need to be part of a group in order to do his best work?

From a lore perspective, how does this work? If we gather a group of jewel crafters under a leader, I could understand if the leader allows them to add a portion of the group's total jewel crafting skill toward the creation; but if I've only trained leadership and some unrelated skill, how do I make your work better?

3 hours ago, VaMei said:

I haven't trained or benefited from crafting leadership, but I really question how this improves gameplay. The combat & harvest leadership make sense to me, but crafting? Once the changes to discs & recipes are in game, any serious craftsmen will already be an alt. Should that alt craftsman then need to be part of a group in order to do his best work?

From a lore perspective, how does this work? If we gather a group of jewel crafters under a leader, I could understand if the leader allows them to add a portion of the group's total jewel crafting skill toward the creation; but if I've only trained leadership and some unrelated skill, how do I make your work better?

Having an alt vessel with crafting discs isn't going to make you a good crafter. You still need the skill training and the gear. Crafting leadership will buff your crafting skills and make you that little bit better. 

35 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Having an alt vessel with crafting discs isn't going to make you a good crafter. You still need the skill training and the gear. Crafting leadership will buff your crafting skills and make you that little bit better. 

I know that you'll need good skills if you want to have any hope of having consistent successful assembly & experimentation. I've been crafting in CF, and this crafting system is very close to what was in SWG, except that in SWG we got recipes from skills rather than discs, bonus experimentation from clothing augmentations, and the materials side of SWG crafting was more complex.

What I fail to understand is how having someone passively group with you to make your crafting better is good gameplay or good lore. In high end crafting, if it can be done it must be done, or it's not high end. In combat or harvesting that other player is an active part of the group, so it makes sense to me there. In crafting, that other 'player' might as well be a bot running an accept group macro. I don't get it.

15 hours ago, VaMei said:

I know that you'll need good skills if you want to have any hope of having consistent successful assembly & experimentation. I've been crafting in CF, and this crafting system is very close to what was in SWG, except that in SWG we got recipes from skills rather than discs, bonus experimentation from clothing augmentations, and the materials side of SWG crafting was more complex.

What I fail to understand is how having someone passively group with you to make your crafting better is good gameplay or good lore. In high end crafting, if it can be done it must be done, or it's not high end. In combat or harvesting that other player is an active part of the group, so it makes sense to me there. In crafting, that other 'player' might as well be a bot running an accept group macro. I don't get it.

CF has crafting gear that increases your stats. Recipes were previously attached to skills, but that system was bad for CF. In SWG, you actively improved your crafting by crafting. In CF, skills are a function of time. Gating recipes based on time with no way to speed it up was a bad idea. Having it on disciplines and having to invest talent points to get the recipes is a better idea. The materials side of SWG crafting was more complex, but it also caused a lot of tech problems to have that many different versions of the same resource.

There's nothing stopping a harvesting leader from just standing there and watching as others do the harvesting. Likewise, there's nothing stopping a crafting leader from engaging in crafting. Just because you aren't actively working on the same thing doesn't matter. I think you're really overthinking it. From a gameplay perspective, it makes perfect sense, because having it for harvesting and combat and not crafting would be dumb. From a lore perspective, does it really matter? If you really need a reason for it, maybe the leader inspires you to do better, the way a coach might in sports. Maybe for this guy, you work a little bit faster or pay more attention to the details to make sure you get it right. 

Yes, you could just invite crafters to a group and then park the character in a good spot so everyone gets the buff. I used to do that in my EK. I had the leadership buffs on one of my secondary accounts and I would leave him parked in my EK to keep it open, and if someone wanted the buff, I would invite them to group. I suppose they could change the passive to an active ability so that the leader has to actively participate, but I think that would become extremely tedious, having to use that ability over and over again while trying to craft. Fun should always trump realism. 

On 22/1/2019 at 2:56 AM, Hamlet said:

Attention to Detail -This increase risk point value by 1. making each pip "Better"

I've checked this passive power and I can't see any effect in the experimentation result, I checked with and without risk and the improvement percent is the same with or without the passive.

Maybe I'm missing something.

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

I've checked this passive power and I can't see any effect in the experimentation result, I checked with and without risk and the improvement percent is the same with or without the passive.

Maybe I'm missing something.

I assumed it worked passively. You do make a point that it is not reflected in the crafting window. This is the stat that is actually changed when equipping risk management. 

I'm not 100% sure what a multiplier value for each experimentation point is worth means.. if it means exactly what it sounds like. 1 point would increase the multiplier value by 1.. so no change.. possibly need more than 1 point to see a difference. If that is the case, risk management is useless until you get more additional risk points.

NwlgX1g.png

1 hour ago, Hamlet said:

I assumed it worked passively. You do make a point that it is not reflected in the crafting window. This is the stat that is actually changed when equipping risk management. 

I'm not 100% sure what a multiplier value for each experimentation point is worth means.. if it means exactly what it sounds like. 1 point would increase the multiplier value by 1.. so no change.. possibly need more than 1 point to see a difference. If that is the case, risk management is useless until you get more additional risk points.

NwlgX1g.png

From my  calculations each point gives the same % with or without the passive, for example, a success with no extra risk gives 2.050% always.

• 1 month later...