Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arkade

State of the Knight 5.8

2 minutes ago, veeshan said:

and this imo is a bug from my understanding it spose to pull people to you (which it does half the time) not slingshot them behind you tbh if it consistantly did the same thing it would be a more useful ability atm u hit the button and pray it does what u want it too lol

Oh man, I hope not. It's been working pretty consistently for me. If I stand still and ult it pulls, if I jump and ult it slings them around. If this is a bug, they should leave it. I love the idea of an ult having 2 different effects based on how you use it.

12 hours ago, Brightdance said:

Oh man, I hope not. It's been working pretty consistently for me. If I stand still and ult it pulls, if I jump and ult it slings them around. If this is a bug, they should leave it. I love the idea of an ult having 2 different effects based on how you use it.

aoe size needs to be bigger imo atleast the dmg portion of it so it does dmg all the time not like half of the time cause there get pulled out of range :P

On 19.1.2019 at 3:20 AM, veeshan said:

if dodge pip CD wasnt random intervals shield bash and chain pull would be knight best ability, the randomness of the dodge pip cming back makes it a pain in the ass and very RNGish aswell :(

Its not random.

But it still doesnt help if you are on the other side of the screen ^^

2 hours ago, Makuza said:

Its not random.

I think he was just making the point that you can't really know when another player's dodge pips are going to be coming back or not, hence not knowing when the perfect time to bash is.

But holy crap that video is informative lol.  

we sussed out the dodge pip pretty soon after it was introduced....it isn't a "cooldown after use" as you might expect

it is basically just "ticks of regen" like health, mana or stamina that basically start as soon as you log/zone in and cycle every X seconds indefinitely even if full [10, 12 or 20 based on race or with an additional -1 if you use molehunter disc too]

Edited by Tinnis

8 hours ago, Makuza said:

Its not random.

But it still doesnt help if you are on the other side of the screen ^^

I knew exactly how it works however as a player standpoint you can never tell when its gonna gain the pip back for the dodge like u can shield slam somone at the moment they regen a pip and effectivly do nothing but you have no way of knowing that as a player. Its not good for the game play tbh because there simply no counter measure to it, it just appears to be random which isnt good gameplay mechanics imo, dodge pip timers should start the moment its no longer full (So when use one basicly)

Also gives a huge unfair advantage to those players running a count down over lay like in the video there (I dont beleive it an ingame option atm) so effectivly ur giving urself an unfair advantage over other who are not using it, which in the spirit of the game i dont think is right but thats my option some people will have other options, for me though its a type of cheating since you dont have that option via in game options so 99% of players wont have access to it.
Some people may not think its a huge difference but realy it is espexialy for woodelfs in the video there a huge difference between a 40m double dodge and a 60 meter one if u watch the countdown practicaly life of death since most classes have a way to close a 30-40 meter gap and stop a mount escape but very little have that option for 60 meters.

1 hour ago, excellz said:

The solution to that is too randomize the Dodge pip refresh.  

I've always thought that Shield Bash could instead act as a 'limited Suppress' in that it prevents an enemy from using their RMB powers for a limited time. This could help against Blocking type enemies as well.

A different way to solve the inherent issues I see with how Dodge Pips work.

18 hours ago, Scorn said:

I've always thought that Shield Bash could instead act as a 'limited Suppress' in that it prevents an enemy from using their RMB powers for a limited time. This could help against Blocking type enemies as well.

A different way to solve the inherent issues I see with how Dodge Pips work.

@thomasblair an alternative simple solution to dodge pip removal:

in addition to removing the dodge pips, shield bash applies a debuff to target that sets their dodge pip regen stat to 0 for 10 seconds [call it 'winded' or 'hobbled'?]

Edited by Tinnis

Atleast barrier scale now atthough its terribly low ratio its not realy worth pushing con for it.

For sentinel aswell in the test server patch they remove the best skill i had for dmg wise aswell rip skullcrusher from master of maces. They didnt even move it to a new disc.

Edited by veeshan

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

Atleast barrier scale now atthough its terribly low ratio its not realy worth pushing con for it.

For sentinel aswell in the test server patch they remove the best skill i had for dmg wise aswell rip skullcrusher from master of maces. They didnt even move it to a new disc.

Are all the weapon mastery discs gone now or did they just remove that power?