Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ungood

a Revision to Game Play.

13 minutes ago, Ungood said:

<snip>

But I will say this.. Crowfall is a PvP game, and PvP games live and die on their balance. When this game goes live, "bring more people" is not going to retain anyone when they are losing fights that are 3, 4 even 5 vs 1 because this game does not have it's balance sorted.

It really sounds like you want a different type of game, of which plenty have already been built. This game however was backed to the tune of millions of dollars by people who wanted something different.

I'm linking this Q&A again, at a different point, so that maybe, just maybe, you can understand the vision we were all sold on, long before you graced us with your personal game style preferences.

For the record, I trust these guys with decades of game design and marketing experience to build a successful game, after they have already built several successful games in the past, over a random internet "Johnny come lately" who wants to have everything turned into something completely different. 

They are not going to change course to the degree you seem to want. Thanks for the input, but this may not be the bus you want to be on.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

they're talking about group combat and not balancing things where every single person is the same.  fine.. wonderful... but if a single person can gank a group of 5... there's a real problem with balance, and if you can't see it, well...

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It really sounds like you want a different type of game, of which plenty have already been built. This game however was backed to the tune of millions of dollars by people who wanted something different.

I'm linking this Q&A again, at a different point, so that maybe, just maybe, you can understand the vision we were all sold on, long before you graced us with your personal game style preferences.

For the record, I trust these guys with decades of game design and marketing experience to build a successful game, after they have already built several successful games in the past, over a random internet "Johnny come lately" who wants to have everything turned into something completely different. 

They are not going to change course to the degree you seem to want. Thanks for the input, but this may not be the bus you want to be on.

For the record, and for anyone else, who takes any kind of defensive stance for the current state of the game,  the solo players winning in a 3 v 1 fight is against everything they just said about balance in this video. In fact their basic idea is to be strong in one regard and weak in others, and that is not what is in this game currently, which is the problem. Now if they bring the game into their expressed view of balance then it will be a much better game.

But, given their own expressed vision, they have a poorly made socks lot of work ahead of them to get this game anywhere near close to what they just described.

46 minutes ago, Ungood said:

For the record, and for anyone else, who takes any kind of defensive stance for the current state of the game,  the solo players winning in a 3 v 1 fight is against everything they just said about balance in this video. In fact their basic idea is to be strong in one regard and weak in others, and that is not what is in this game currently, which is the problem. Now if they bring the game into their expressed view of balance then it will be a much better game.

But, given their own expressed vision, they have a poorly made socks lot of work ahead of them to get this game anywhere near close to what they just described.

No it is not. 

What three players?  What level, how well equipped? Did any of them have disciplines, or race, or class powers slotted that let them deal with stealth?  

Have they even played long enough to have learned "how to avoid those situations where you are weak in", or have knowledge of how to combat a stealther who know what they are doing with good gear?

I would guess not. I would guess there were three players, barely versed in the game, who got out maneuvered by one player with a bunch of experience, which can be done by multiple different classes.    

4 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Ya, most of us are well aware of current state of imbalance. All the invulns and self healing that's better than heal specced players is stupid. 

Agreed.

As many others have said, they this is not their first game, and they have a plan to address the current issues so I wish them great luck and good fortune with that endeavor.

I simply made a suggestion how it could be addressed.

It what it is.

I think you maybe missed the fact that end game harvesters can fight with the loss of just a single minor disc in the build...  of course dedicated harvest vessels can be built for higher yield but many builds can be productive once you have most of the specialty trees done AND have solid combat strength to turn on a ganker...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

2 hours ago, Frykka said:

I think you maybe missed the fact that end game harvesters can fight with the loss of just a single minor disc in the build...  of course dedicated harvest vessels can be built for higher yield but many builds can be productive once you have most of the specialty trees done AND have solid combat strength to turn on a ganker...

Minor correction.. Harvesting is a Major Discipline (Quarryman, Miner, Logger,  Skinner, Foreman, etc), also,  so is Mole Hunter, which means to have any anti-stealth and harvesting augments, I have lost both of my major disciplines.

If I had hopes to do Mother Loads, I lost both Foreman, and whatever kind of Motherload I planned to go after (Quarryman/miner) which means I can't slot any Anti-Stealth disciplines.

I can't be the only one that thinks there is something wrong with that.

But you know, making Harvesting, like Foreman, Miner,. Quarryman, etc, being Minor Disciplines, that could work to help balance the situation as that would free up the Major Disciplines for Combat related things.

Edited by Ungood

17 minutes ago, Ungood said:

Minor correction.. Harvesting is a Major Discipline (Quarryman, Miner, Logger,  Skinner, Foreman, etc), also,  so is Mole Hunter, which means to have any anti-stealth and harvesting augments, I have lost both of my major disciplines.

If I had hopes to do Mother Loads, I lost both Foreman, and whatever kind of Motherload I planned to go after (Quarryman/miner) which means I can't slot any Anti-Stealth disciplines.

I can't be the only one that thinks there is something wrong with that.

But you know, making Harvesting, like Foreman, Miner,. Quarryman, etc, being Minor Disciplines, that could work to help balance the situation as that would free up the Major Disciplines for Combat related things.

wrong...   the reaper minor is all that is needed to harvest at full yield once the training trees are complete... You no longer need any more plentiful harvest pips...   I run 2 full combat disks and 2 combat minors and just The Reaper minor to give the harvesting buff a full pip each swing...   this is the end game build...  miner, quarryman...   those are for early game harvesting and get replaced by training nodes deep in the harvesting tree.

The only disk at that point to consider is Villein to make tools last longer...  but it isn't necessary.

I am not talking mother lodes, I use a separate account and vessel for that

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 minute ago, Frykka said:

wrong...   the reaper minor is all that is needed to harvest at full wield once the training trees are complete... You no longer need any more plentiful harvest pips...   I run 2 full combat disks and 2 combat minors and just The Reaper minor to give the harvesting buff a full pip each swing...   

Umm.. all Reaper does is give 0.625 Harvest Power Pips Bonus,

Where as, Miner, gives  1.25 Plentiful Resources Ore: All as well as the passive: Empowered Mining which Greatly enhances the Energetic Harvesting power with additional Mining effects. 1 Harvest Pip: When Energetic Harvest is activated also gain Empowered Mining, which increases Mining by 5%. 2 Harvest Pips: When Perceptive Harvest is activated also gain Perceptive Mining, which increases Spot Weakness: Ore by 5%. 3 Harvest Pips: Increases the Stamina restore amount by 4. 4 Harvest Pips: When Heightened Harvest is activated also gain Heightened Mining, which increases the effectiveness of any Energetic Harvest, Perceptive Harvest, and Stamina restore effects gained in the next 7 seconds. 5 Harvest Pips: When Furious Reaping is activated also adds Furious Mining, which increases the Harvest Base Damage: Ore by 30. Lasts 6 seconds or 2 hits, whichever comes first.

In short, if all you are running is Reaper and not any majors, you are a very sub-optimal harvester, you are really just a combat build with a minor harvesting buff on.

10 minutes ago, Ungood said:

Umm.. all Reaper does is give 0.625 Harvest Power Pips Bonus,

Where as, Miner, gives  1.25 Plentiful Resources Ore: All as well as the passive: Empowered Mining which Greatly enhances the Energetic Harvesting power with additional Mining effects. 1 Harvest Pip: When Energetic Harvest is activated also gain Empowered Mining, which increases Mining by 5%. 2 Harvest Pips: When Perceptive Harvest is activated also gain Perceptive Mining, which increases Spot Weakness: Ore by 5%. 3 Harvest Pips: Increases the Stamina restore amount by 4. 4 Harvest Pips: When Heightened Harvest is activated also gain Heightened Mining, which increases the effectiveness of any Energetic Harvest, Perceptive Harvest, and Stamina restore effects gained in the next 7 seconds. 5 Harvest Pips: When Furious Reaping is activated also adds Furious Mining, which increases the Harvest Base Damage: Ore by 30. Lasts 6 seconds or 2 hits, whichever comes first.

In short, if all you are running is Reaper and not any majors, you are a very sub-optimal harvester, you are really just a combat build with a minor harvesting buff on.

Completely wrong...   you cannot get more than 5 Plentiful harvest...   already have that so NO, you don't need any PH and reaper simply fills your harvesting buff pool 1 pip at a time rather than half a pip.   Believe me, I have been at this since Big World 3 when we first started to harvest and craft...   for end game you don't need the major harvesting discs, period.  END Game...    harvest majors are to fill in for missing PH you get from skill training, once you have them you no longer need to use the discs in your build.

i.e. Running with Miner disc in your build in springtime = wasted major slot

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 minute ago, Frykka said:

Completely wrong...   you cannot get more than 5 Plentiful harvest...   already have that so NO, you don't need any PH and reaper simply fills your harvesting buff pool 1 pip at a time rather than half a pip.   Believe me, I have been at this since Big World 3 when we first started to harvest and craft...   for end game you don't need the major harvesting discs, period.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling at this point.

You realize that the PH boon drops by the changing of the seasons right?

3 minutes ago, Ungood said:

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling at this point.

You realize that the PH boon drops by the changing of the seasons right?

You realize that I can get 5 pips on ore without the major disc in winter right?   and winter is not a time to harvest anyway except for minerals and gems which are not affected by seasons.   

Not trolling,  I am talking from experience, 3 years of harvesting in Crowfall.
Just trying to inform and help but if you don't want advice... I cannot help.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just now, Frykka said:

You realize that I get 5 pips on ore without the major disc in winter right?

Pips are just a power build up for Energetic Harvesting, they have no bearing on the yield you get from the node itself,. which is what Plentiful Harvest affects.

1 minute ago, Ungood said:

Pips are just a power build up for Energetic Harvesting, they have no bearing on the yield you get from the node itself,. which is what Plentiful Harvest affects.

I AM talking about the PH pips when you look at a tree/node/etc
The only thing you need once you have ALL the good nodes is the reaper so you can use the harvesting buffs 3 for stam, 5 for big hits

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just now, Frykka said:

I AM talking about the PH pips when you look at a tree/node/etc    

Show me a screenshot

This I have got to see.

41 minutes ago, Ungood said:

Show me a screenshot

This I have got to see.

Sorry but if you want hand holding... that is not my job.    Trying to inform new players on proper harvesting builds...   

Hint: Excavation first node +1 PH, Ore Specialization 5th node +1 PH (specific), Ore Specialization 9th node +1 PH (Specific), Harvesting Leadership final node +1 PH, Potion +1 PH, Food +1 PH = possible +6 PH with no major Mining Disk.   Sub Ph food for crit chance food in early seasons.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai