Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
InfernusDL

Spirit Bank Bound on ALL Account with 50 imp/exp

problem with that is that you are meant to have a different import / export points for each campaign. you are providing a solution to a known broken system which already has plans to prevent safe farm.

Keep in mind that most of the crafting is done in guild's EKs so imports are needed simply to move materials there. Small amount of imports/exports would mean that EKs would loose on their importance and it would make crafting even more bothersome. So at this point let's look for the essence of problem that you are looking solution for.

I think what bothers you is "safe farms", so not being afraid of ganks because harvesters are spirit banking multiple times during harvesting. That case will be solved when spirit banking will be available only in the safe zones as it was meant to (current state which is spirit banking anywhere is temporary). I don't think there's need to reduce the amount of import/exports and making harvesters/crafters lifes even harder. The incoming solution which is spirit banking only in some safe areas is a great compromise between "too safe" gathering runs and problems with transfering materials/items to and from EKs.

4 hours ago, Aeriav said:

Keep in mind that most of the crafting is done in guild's EKs so imports are needed simply to move materials there. Small amount of imports/exports would mean that EKs would loose on their importance and it would make crafting even more bothersome. So at this point let's look for the essence of problem that you are looking solution for.

I think what bothers you is "safe farms", so not being afraid of ganks because harvesters are spirit banking multiple times during harvesting. That case will be solved when spirit banking will be available only in the safe zones as it was meant to (current state which is spirit banking anywhere is temporary). I don't think there's need to reduce the amount of import/exports and making harvesters/crafters lifes even harder. The incoming solution which is spirit banking only in some safe areas is a great compromise between "too safe" gathering runs and problems with transfering materials/items to and from EKs.

I think that unless they fix the balance in this game where you have an equal chance to get your ass kicked when you attack someone, they may as well leave everything alone. As long as they have OP Builds that can easily gank another player without fear, any system trying to favor the ganker will just kill the game.

23 minutes ago, Ungood said:

I think that unless they fix the balance in this game where you have an equal chance to get your ass kicked when you attack someone, they may as well leave everything alone. As long as they have OP Builds that can easily gank another player without fear, any system trying to favor the ganker will just kill the game.

That's not the way to go as it would be irrational to have equal chances in fight for harvesters with harvesting gear and disciplines against gankers being prepared for pvp. And what is that OP build you are talking about, stealth? I don't think that's a big problem, there are many ways to deal with that as harvesting in groups, choosing tanky classes or stealth detecting with proper disciplines. That might not be the perfect solution, espiecially if there are more people on the server but it's not one of the biggest challenges CF has right now either.

Edited by Aeriav

35 minutes ago, Ungood said:

This is exactly the mentality that drove Albion online to the point that even an army of players couldn't gank a single harvester. "I need to be able to harvest solo and still win vs a ganker 1v1". You are supposed to harvest with guards around you (other players) you are supposed to be playing this as a team.

With good harvesting skills, support food, potions, and the tools to harvest, even a small group can gather quite a bit of materials in a short amount of time. Having other players (guildies) with you, not only offers you support and protection against enemy faction players, but helps with the harvesting workload, which means you're spending less time standing around in the open--which means less opportunity for a stabbing. You don't need a huge group to go out harvesting, but a handful of the right composition can really help increase your odds of survival--or at least putting up a good fight. 

14 hours ago, Nervontuxis said:

This is exactly the mentality that drove Albion online to the point that even an army of players couldn't gank a single harvester. "I need to be able to harvest solo and still win vs a ganker 1v1". You are supposed to harvest with guards around you (other players) you are supposed to be playing this as a team.

Over Exaggeration Much.

Anyway, expecting it to at least be a risk to someone to attack another player is not unreasonable for a PvP game, if the do something like turn "harvesters" into loot pinata, this game is DOA.

Edited by Ungood

13 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

With good harvesting skills, support food, potions, and the tools to harvest, even a small group can gather quite a bit of materials in a short amount of time. Having other players (guildies) with you, not only offers you support and protection against enemy faction players, but helps with the harvesting workload, which means you're spending less time standing around in the open--which means less opportunity for a stabbing. You don't need a huge group to go out harvesting, but a handful of the right composition can really help increase your odds of survival--or at least putting up a good fight. 

Explain to me the logic of needing a whole group of people to defend against a single other player? You don't see something wrong with that?

31 minutes ago, Ungood said:

Explain to me the logic of needing a whole group of people to defend against a single other player? You don't see something wrong with that?

I don't, no. A lot of my MMO experience comes from EVE Online, which shares many similar aspects with the nature of its gameplay as with Crowfall--chiefly, that there's no real such thing as a safe place. In EVE, when running various corp mining ops in the more dangerous space of where we were living, we'd always have a security fleet out to protect the mining fleet. Often this was more ships in the security fleet than the mining fleet--to present a level of threat that would deter most enemy pilots. 

So for me, I don't see much difference in having a similar security group for a harvesting group. The gear I wear is made by the harvesters, which I protect, in turn for other guildies and myself getting more/better gear, vessels, etc. It's a symbiotic relationship that I have no problem with.

So for me, I have no issue with this.

22 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

I don't, no.

You don't see a problem with some classes being so stupid OP, that they take a a whole team of players to defend against a single attacker?

Well this was a short discussion.. We will never agree. I also will not agree to disagree, I will always think you are wrong on this.

17 hours ago, Ungood said:

You don't see a problem with some classes being so stupid OP, that they take a a whole team of players to defend against a single attacker?

Well this was a short discussion.. We will never agree. I also will not agree to disagree, I will always think you are wrong on this.

I'll take a wild stab at what you're referring to, and presume you're talking about the current Pit Fighter iteration in 5.8.1 as to the whole team versus single attacker. If I am incorrect in my presumption, do let me know. 

I do primarily play a Pit Fighter, and I think I'm not half-way terrible at it, though I do know the meme/half-truth about it being a face-meets-keyboard type of play. However, I think a lot of people who struggle (group or otherwise) against a Pit Fighter, or ANY class, consistently, do so due to their mindset of what the playing field looks like. If I may reference EVE Online, which is what I sort of know, I will give an example.

A battleship far outclasses a cruiser in terms of firepower and its ability to survive--more and larger pewpew, more effective HP, and more module slots to put things in. If both ships sat still, at the battleships optimal range, it would be no contest--the battleship will win every time. However, like Crowfall, EVE Online is asymmetrical combat.

The cruiser, though it does not have anywhere close to the straight firepower, range, or effective hit points as the battleship, it has something the battleship lacks--speed and maneuverability. Using such, a skilled cruiser pilot (in this 1v1 scenario) can close the distance by utilizing angles of maneuver (which the larger, slower turning guns of the battleship cannot track), and get in under the the guns of said larger more powerful ship. Thus the table are turned--the cruiser outguns the battleship, as the battleship cannot land a hit.

In a similar way, Crowfall's combat is often like this. Look at players who play stealth classes extremely well. They reset the fight as often as they can--popping out to deal their damage against larger tankier targets, only to dart back into stealth where they're relatively safe. So they might do it again--forcing said tanky player to pop cooldowns, and all manner of things. In this way, the skilled stealther can wear down, and/or create a window in which they control how that current 1v1 situation is handled.

As the game is asymmetrical in its combat, in such a mentioned 1vgroup situation, you can't just bash your head into a brick wall, if your class/build isn't designed to bash its head into a brick wall. Disperse, force that one OP guy/gal to choose a target, leaving the rest open to attack, apply debuffs, heal, etc. Don't play into their strength, play into yours. 

Only suckers take a fair fight. Tip all the odds into as much of your favor as you can--however subtle or obtuse as they might be. 

18 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Only suckers take a fair fight. Tip all the odds into as much of your favor as you can--however subtle or obtuse as they might be. 

and even fewer (or bigger suckers as the case my be) will pay to play a PvP Focused game that gives them un-fair fights, which is kinda the whole point I have been trying to make, and on one seems to be catching this clue.

Edited by Ungood