Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandalore

Is in gaming spying an exploit?

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

We don’t know that for certain.  What if the rune gates offer protection so they can’t be camped again?  Not trying to jump sides on the issue but we don’t know that yet.  

P.S. I went to make that same post but deleted it after I poked holes in it myself

There are two different issues. One is the fact that you can't kill people in your own faction, and the other is safezones in general.

The Dregs solves the first problem. There could still be problematic safezones, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

26 minutes ago, Jah said:

It does matter. You can kill the spies in the dregs. In a faction campaign you can't kill spies on your own faction.

Good luck locating the naked stealth assassin scouts everywhere. Just keep popping that molehunter as you go then. Good gameplay! So much fun! Lets everyone just get 20 accounts and spread them around!

This didn't stop from the spies being super effective in Albion as well, even with the threat of permanent ban those were everywhere.

Edited by Nervontuxis

Dregs won't remove the problem at all like we saw in Albion online case. Even with the threat of perma ban people still kept using them to gain an advantage. And at least in Albion you could kill anyone outside your guild. But I guess you guys don't see an issue concerning the amount of alt accounts you guys use. @Jah

4 minutes ago, Nervontuxis said:

Dregs won't remove the problem at all like we saw in Albion online case.

The Dregs solves one problem-- the inability to kill a spy because they are on your faction.

No, it doesn't solve everything. It does make a big difference though.

IhhQKY6.gif

21 minutes ago, Nervontuxis said:

Good luck locating the naked stealth assassin scouts everywhere. Just keep popping that molehunter as you go then. Good gameplay! So much fun! Lets everyone just get 20 accounts and spread them around!

This didn't stop from the spies being super effective in Albion as well, even with the threat of permanent ban those were everywhere.

It comes with the nature of the game. You can't ban all of it, or any of it really. It's just the way it is.

lol, gotta love how this thread started from a completely diferent topic. The topic raised in the feedback thread was about the faction ruleset (what we have now) alts runegate parking. This thread was worded in a way to be as misleading as possible and here we have people arguing about something completely unrelated.

My suggestion to everyone reading this: This whole thread is pointless. Don't bother.

15 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

lol, gotta love how this thread started from a completely diferent topic. The topic raised in the feedback thread was about the faction ruleset (what we have now) alts runegate parking. This thread was worded in a way to be as misleading as possible and here we have people arguing about something completely unrelated.

My suggestion to everyone reading this: This whole thread is pointless. Don't bother.

I for one blame @mandalore :D

1 hour ago, Tark said:

I for one blame @mandalore :D

Well it is my thread @Tark 🤯

17 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I didn’t start it to just talk about one aspect of the issue and I care very little for RvRvR (Dregs is my hope for the game).  I asked a philosophical question about If spying is an in game exploit and I worded it exactly how I meant to.  You’re not obligated to participate in the conversation.  I don’t think spying should be against the rules, I don’t think it’s unethical and even just a tiny amount of opsec will greatly reduce any humint gathered by your foes.  The rune gate camping is undeniably low skill spying but any system that removes it will result in rune gate camping (a far more detrimental thing to me than Zybak2 sitting on a gate). 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I hope it's not bannable, little late for them to pull the trigger on that. I've got numerous active spies out and about right now.

Hint: There's a reason you don't see Obsidian playing Crowfall ;) 

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I think it's expected and something to work around the best you can.  It doesn't matter if it's against TOS or even bannable (although I personally think it would be silly if it was), people are going to spy.  You just have to assume the enemy knows what you are doing, just like they should assume you know what they are doing.  

I'm sure this has been said in one of the other 4 pages that I'm not going to read for brevity, but can you call it a Throne "War" game and not allow the factions to use any (non-glitch/exploit) means necessary to succeed? That's kind of what the origin of war is....if I find an advantage in strategy and/or firepower, I use it until it is no longer an advantage, and upon the appropriate counter measure being developed, I go back to searching for the next advantage to help my faction prevail.

Now an unintentional exploit of a known glitch is a different story, but I feel like ACE has been extremely quiet on this subject for a reason. "nothing to see here, operating as intended, not the droids...etc."....

-Ayu