Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ungood

Revising Disciplines.

Thanks to a response in another Topic, this gave a thought.

Currently Harvesting is linked to the Major Disciplines, so a player is forced to lose at least one Major Discipline if they plan to Harvest, they can lose both, if they plan to do Motherlaods, as they would need to slot Foreman and coinciding Harvesting skill (Miner/Quarryman), which means they give up ALL their Major Disciplines. 

But if they moved Harvesting Disciplines to the Minor Disciplines, that would fix this problem, and give players that are out harvesting a much better fighting chance. 

yep  we are getting an extra major slot for either a crafting or harvesting disc...   just not 3 combat...

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

23 minutes ago, Frykka said:

yep  we are getting an extra major slot for either a crafting or harvesting disc...   just not 3 combat...

If I recall correctly that’s word for word Anglemars suggestion. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

6 hours ago, Frykka said:

Nah, IIRC it's gonna be 2 slots for either combat majors or crafting majors, and 2 slots for gathering discs.

@thomasblair there's a lot of Upcoming Stuff that seems to need clarifying for the community if we're still months away from seeing them.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

https://streamable.com/t4tl3

autotext:

question: "when can we expect changes to harvesting so that you don't have to cripple your combat ability to harvest"

so 6.0 yeah look at that I've already talked with a lot of people about removing the weapon mastery disciplines because we don't need them anymore yeah now let me have promotion now we have promotion classes the the weapon mastery was kind of a quarter step towards that diversity but we have it now in the promotion classes so the plan was to remove those and replace them

with basically taking the current majors and creating a subcategory of each there's combat, crafing or major disciplines maybe somebody I can't believe somebody would not know where our internal terminology but obviously not everybody does so we have a sub classing system called disciplines and you can attach disciplines to your character and it lets you do things you know crafting and harvesting or other really like archery is a great example of one you can take a non Archer I'm gonna take a knight who just has melee powers I can give him archery and it gives them a range tray and a bow slot and an ammo slot and now your ranged Knight is also an archer and a couple of powers but yeah absolutely so the disciplines basically are our sub classing in 6.0 the plan is to take the majors of which you're currently allowed to have to and break them into a combat crafting bucket and a harvesting bucket and then allow players to take two harvesting ones and two crafting or combat ones okay so that way everyone

will have more equal access to harvesting and as a harvester he will be able to have two combat disciplines and defend yourself but we do have role specialization between combat and crafting yes so when you when you specialize your character that is the big choice not can I go get stuff it's what can I do with stuff or fight stuff and we're moving the recipes primarily to those disciplines as well so by slotting in a discipline now I've opened up this and I would really like I don't know if we'll have time before launch but I really like to even go back and put in racial crafting recipes as well so that we can do the dwarven blacksmith or the elven blade crafter I think that would be really cool that's a tool we have it's just it's and and there's a question it's always a question of thematically I love it narrative I love it do I really want to limit stuff because now if I want to be really good at it if dwarves are the best crafters that I can't be anything but then everyone is like that so finding a nice way to balance those two where we get the narrative but it

doesn't become a you must do this decision will have to figure that out I have a coin we haven't really worked through it yet so we'll have to sit down and have some conversations if we can find a way to do it I'm happy to do it don't know if we can in fact if you guys have some ideas of how we could skin that I'd be more than happy to take your feedback because this is going to be something we're gonna have to talk about pretty soon here yeah but the tendrils to this whole system are currently in the talent trees so you see the discipline node and then there's three nodes off of those will be dynamically populated by the things that are currently on the discipline yeah so for archery the three powers will get broken out into those nodes some stats will get broken out for the crafting you'll envision a whole tree coming down when you sock that thing in there  which is really cool so we will have probably 19 Nuits when you can actually see that's why on the trees which are generally I guess I should probably go this way right they have those branching up and down because then they can grow up or grow down and we can make those variable Ankara the other thing is is a lesson that we basically took from shadow Bain because it worked really

well then and I still like it I think it's cool is we give you disciplines and those disciplines give you additional things to buy but we do not give you additional points to spend so it's a choice for players of going deeper going wide so if I want to take a bunch of disciplines and I want to actually invest in those disciplines I can do that but I'm using those points that otherwise I could have spent in my base class so if I choose not to do that I can just specialize in my base class and I'll be more effective as a champion or more effective as a knight than somebody who decided to go a little bit wider I think that's really cool I've always liked that as an approach

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

10 hours ago, mandalore said:

If I recall correctly that’s word for word Anglemars suggestion. 

Should listen to Jah IMO. He's way smarter and devilishly handsome I hear.

Edited by Zatch

Well this just reinforces that I had a good direction, and brought up a needed change.

Good to see things will change for the better.

15 hours ago, Ungood said:

Well this just reinforces that I had a good direction, and brought up a needed change.

Good to see things will change for the better.

Exactly why it's worth giving feedback on issues you have in testing, the developers have been listening - it just takes time to get changes into the pipeline.

tiPrpwh.png