Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today's reset

elowallo

@ACE_Jackal:

LIVE will come down at 12:30pm CST in preparation to publish the newest patch: 5.8.1! There will be an EU Campaign and a NA Campaign. They will be 7 days long and have a brand spankin' new map. Everything will be wiped except skills, and purchases will be reset. LIVE will remain in maintenance mode while we publish and set up the new Campaigns, so expect it to be unavailable for a period of time. I'll post more updates as they come.

Seriously!? You reset everything (except skills) with less than an hour's warning?

What part of "we just wasted days gathering stuff for nothing" did you not contemplate? Could you at least give a few day's warning before wiping?

Edited by elowallo
Formatting

2 minutes ago, elowallo said:

Seriously!? You reset everything (except skills) with less than an hour's warning?

What part of "we just wasted days gathering stuff for nothing" did you not contemplate? Could you at least give a few day's warning before wiping?

Notice or no notice, anything we gathered or made is going to end up in the same place.

Without notice, we were excited (or at least motivated) about doing it while we were doing it. With notice, we'd have looked at the last week like.. meh, why bother?

Just now, Samulus said:

Is there a whole post you quoted this from I am missing? Or official patch notes? I agree this is an odd time to do it. 

No it was posted on the official discord just a moment ago + there was an in-game System Message.

...you knew a wipe was coming. How could you not? What's it matter if it was a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, etc? *Nothing* is permanent, particularly at this point in development. If that rankles your feathers, you probably shouldn't be investing any time in playing.

1 minute ago, Darguth said:

...you knew a wipe was coming. How could you not? What's it matter if it was a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, etc? *Nothing* is permanent, particularly at this point in development. If that rankles your feathers, you probably shouldn't be investing any time in playing.

New campaign just started. Random resets happen on TEST, that's what it's for. Obviously there was a reset coming at some point but why do you think it's a good idea not giving a proper heads-up?

And stop talking about "rankles your feathers", that's not even an argument but childish know-it-all speak.

5 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Notice or no notice, anything we gathered or made is going to end up in the same place.

Without notice, we were excited (or at least motivated) about doing it while we were doing it. With notice, we'd have looked at the last week like.. meh, why bother?

Speak for yourself. I had planned on crafting a whole lot of stuff tomorrow from my and my guildies' gathered materials to see what we could make and possibly try it out, been looking forward to it the whole week!

1 minute ago, elowallo said:

New campaign just started. Random resets happen on TEST, that's what it's for. Obviously there was a reset coming at some point but why do you think it's a good idea not giving a proper heads-up?

Proper heads-up defined by who, you? I think the heads-up was fine. I'm playing a pre-alpha test build, even if it's a more "stable' version of the test build than TEST it's still a test build. I set my expectations accordingly.

And stop talking about "rankles your feathers", that's not even an argument but childish know-it-all speak.

No.

Ahh.

I'm at work and don't mind LOL. LET'S WIPE THE SLATE!

We all knew it was coming, last campaign is just as invalid as the partial one we are in now in terms of the things we will be going without. A new patch of things for the greater majority to test is good, I think.

3 minutes ago, Darguth said:

Proper heads-up defined by who, you? I think the heads-up was fine. I'm playing a pre-alpha test build, even if it's a more "stable' version of the test build than TEST it's still a test build. I set my expectations accordingly.

Proper heads-up such as "after this campaign", not just over 45 minutes.

If it doesn't matter to you, why are you even commenting?

Just now, elowallo said:

It matters to me because these forums are a valuable source of feedback for the development team. I'd like my opinion to stand against reactions like yours, so they realize they can cater to a player-base that is not overly temperamental and reactionary.

Just now, Darguth said:

It matters to me because these forums are a valuable source of feedback for the development team. I'd like my opinion to stand against reactions like yours, so they realize they can cater to a player-base that is not overly temperamental and reactionary.

"Overly temperamental and reactionary"? As in, "insulting other people when you don't agree", like you just did?

5.8.1 Brings crafted item stat changes, so the same thing crafted in 5.8 with same success rates will have different stats in 5.8.1 so it would taint the testing we are doing on the live environment. that is why all things must be wiped. 

Just now, Sharkbait said:

5.8.1 Brings crafted item stat changes, so the same thing crafted in 5.8 with same success rates will have different stats in 5.8.1 so it would taint the testing we are doing on the live environment. that is why all things must be wiped.

Thanks for the explanation, but nobody has questioned the need for a wipe before 5.8.1.

1 minute ago, elowallo said:

"Overly temperamental and reactionary"? As in, "insulting other people when you don't agree", like you just did?

Interesting that you're more concerned with a perceived insult than the behavior that spurred it. My only point is that what's happening is fine. If you're this worked up over it, I really recommend you just step away for a bit. If losing virtual goods unexpectedly, in an impermanent world, on an early test build upsets you, then you probably shouldn't be playing this game. At least not right now.

Just now, elowallo said:

Differing opinions are not insults. You voiced your opinion, he voices his and backs it up with logical arguments as to why your opinion may not be realistic. The only thing you can do is provide factual backing to disprove his stance or choose not to agree. 

Take a deep breath brotha, lets see what announcements they may or may not have prepared for today so we can all try not to hype too much about them.

22 minutes ago, elowallo said:

Thanks for the explanation, but nobody has questioned the need for a wipe before 5.8.1.

Define "nobody" because everyone I play with knew one was coming for 5.8.1, AND that 5.8.1 would be pushed as soon as reasonably possible. 

That's been pretty much ACE's posistion and warning since 5.8 was launched.

30 minutes ago, elowallo said:

As an Ace Investor + Tester you of all people should understand what Pre Alpha is. They are obviously trying to bring us a better game today and all you're doing is QQing about losing your virtual beans.

• Pann locked this topic