Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.1 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 01/24/19

I left Crowfall running for a bit (a few hours), and when I came back the window was frozen and some weird sound loop could be heard.

Here is a clip of it (filmed with phone, please excuse the quality...):

Log looks like this (23:44:02Z is when I killed the program):

2019-01-25T20:50:48.885Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:50:48.897Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:50:49.049Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:50:51.533Z WARNING AUDIOMANAGER - Wwise Event failed to play  _||_ Event=[663824661] 
2019-01-25T20:50:57.102Z WARNING AUDIOMANAGER - Wwise Event failed to play  _||_ Event=[663824661] 
2019-01-25T20:51:08.836Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:51:24.625Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:52:07.652Z WARNING CLIENT    - Material UIBlur2 doesn't have _Stencil property
2019-01-25T20:52:08.844Z INFO    LOADING SCREEN - OpenLoadProgress _||_ Step Text=[Loading Zone] Delta Time=[9984,555] 
2019-01-25T20:52:13.157Z INFO    LOADING SCREEN - CloseZoneProgress _||_ Step Text=[LoadComplete] Delta Time=[4,3125] 
2019-01-25T22:15:46.098Z WARNING COOPTASKER - CoopTasker detecting a hanging process _||_ Info=[Unity Main Thread] Frame=[2261846] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.387Z INFO    THREADING - Shutdown called.
2019-01-25T23:44:02.403Z INFO    THREADING - Cleaning up threads _||_ ThreadsToStop=[6] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.414Z INFO    NETWORK   - OutgoingMessageManager.SendMessageThread exiting due to thread interrupt
2019-01-25T23:44:02.417Z INFO    JOBQUEUEMANAGER - Exiting worker thread. _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_3] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.417Z INFO    JOBQUEUEMANAGER - Exiting worker thread. _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_2] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.417Z INFO    JOBQUEUEMANAGER - Exiting worker thread. _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_1] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.417Z INFO    JOBQUEUEMANAGER - Exiting worker thread. _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_0] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.418Z INFO    NETWORK   - Exiting OutgoingMessageManager.Queue.SendMessageThread _||_ Id=[0] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Checking stopping threads _||_ StoppedThreads=[6] ThreadsToStop=[6] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_0] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_1] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_2] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[JobQueueWorkerThread_3] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.468Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[CoopTasker.MonitorThread] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.469Z INFO    THREADING - Successfully stopped thread _||_ Name=[OutgingMessageManager Worker 0] 
2019-01-25T23:44:02.469Z INFO    THREADING - All threads stopped
2019-01-25T23:44:02.596Z INFO    COOPTASKER - CoopTasker has shut down.
2019-01-25T23:44:02.619Z INFO    LOGGER    - Logger.Dispose()

Edited by elowallo

I keep getting booted. First I was in the starting area, and randomly got kicked out to the lobby. This happened a couple times. Then I played for a while and was going to the beachhead, when I got disconnected again. Then, each of the next 5 times trying to get back in, it would get to loading terrain, and then kick me back to the lobby. 

1 hour ago, Doomshadow said:

I keep getting booted. First I was in the starting area, and randomly got kicked out to the lobby. This happened a couple times. Then I played for a while and was going to the beachhead, when I got disconnected again. Then, each of the next 5 times trying to get back in, it would get to loading terrain, and then kick me back to the lobby. 

Happens to me too. Email  your client logs to support@crowfall.com. Maybe they can find the issue. I’d do it myself, but I just found out my client hasn’t been saving any logs :( 

For the love of Murphy, please let us disable those tooltips globally.  They're like microsoft's clippy.  

On the whole, I'm pretty pleased with the progress in this build.  I really like the new health values on bane trees and ToLs.  I really like that the guards are far more effective at guarding than they used to be.

It does seem that low rank guards (R5's in the forts, for example) hit just as hard as R8 guards... is that intended?

Not having an easy and cheap method of leveling vessels has meant a lot more people out in the world farming mobs, which would be cool in the dregs.  But in faction play, it's really frustrating to have so few high level mob areas to level in.  The adventure zones feel pretty crappy on this map.

Now with this levelling system and the best way it seems is to kill mobs, why oh why isn't there an even amount of each lvl mobs through out the zones, Order have lvl 10 cats, Chaos and Balance both have lvl 7 cats, it should be a fair and not this random crap. 

I am not sure if this is reported, I have not seen it in the known bugs of the release notes.  Flag markers for outposts and camps are not accurate and can be incredibly misleading and difficult to peg down.

Suggestion, in addition to correcting flag locations, a neutral banner would be appreciated for unclaimed camps/outposts.

Ok so If i try to drag a equiped tool back to iventory it just vanishes, I can't move alonside my harvesting bar. If i right click the equiped slot it doesnt unequip. Made a video to report, no idea what is happening.

https://youtu.be/h2J8RQQQSqg

Edited by pedraozaum
Tried to embed, but didn't work.

Ranger Archer :

Last node on the Talent Tree : Call for Fire.

Does absolutely nothing.

Assassin blackguard :

LMB takes you out of stealth while Backstab doesnt.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:49 PM, vkromas said:

This sounds like a bug. We haven't intentionally touched any of the values associated with the motherlodes as far as I know. I'll try to dig into this and see what's happening. 

@vkromas

Was the motherlode bug found and being worked on? Severely limits making vessels and JC as well as hurts those who use motherloding as a way to gear their guild.

Or is there some change you weren't aware of?

Like I said, best guess is that foreman "take it down" is not working.

This patch is definitely NOT an improvement.

Last nights siege was the worst performance I have experienced with 5 figure ping and 20 second lag- rubber banding  and more.

Graphically the game looks worse and blurry 

Guards might be too strong where at level 16 I can’t take on two Rank 3 guards at a campsite solo.

Remember we were promised a game without a grind — Leveling seems pretty grindy now...

Please change diffusion when used with Nature toxin— it’s pretty useless.

Assasins are NEVER in the middle of a big group of people or they are dead. 

Please change promotion classes from being pigeon holed into one specific damage type.

I know you are attempting an experiment with computer controlled  world building.

but it doesn’t result in worlds that really make sense.  Forts, keeps, towers should be placed to control territory and points of interest. Not randomly scattered across a land mass.

They should be placed intelligently using terrain and avenues of approach as factors in choosing a location.

It was better when you placed all the resources next to forts and keeps giving people real reasons to own them.  The world itself Feels random... graveyard scattered where there are no towns, etc

I have spend the first two days searching the world for graveyards ( wiping vessels without warning was painful) and after completely canvassing three zones I found no graveyards over rank three.

With Leveling being so Grindy no one wants to level up a white vessel to 30, then level a green vessel to 30, then level a blue one, and a purple one etc...

And I believe since you make the worlds randomly We May never find  appropriate graveyards this build to harvest all the different races to outfit the guild with epic/ legendary vessels.

the big reveal many builds ago was - Play whatever race/ class /weapon combo you want!

but between a low supply of high level zones/ graveyards and weapon choice limited by promotion class this game doesn’t really feel free- If feels like play whatever we want you to play except we won’t actually let you reach you max potential because your favorite race only has green vessels available ....

I will continue to explore zone by zone and report back when i have canvassed them all

( which is a giant pain without a mount, even with trail master.)

but myself and guild mates have only found 1 rank 9 Human and 1 rank 6 elf graveyard so far...

Like the difference between basic weapons and advanced before the nerf- an Epic/ Legendary Vessel has significant advantage.

• myrmidon whirlwind sometimes still does not activatet but animation playing so you lose alot of time to stop it
  • myrmidon titan. It looks like blood frenzy and titan passive not stack like it was before or difference is not 50%. with or without titan but under blood frenzy I able to get same hits on dummy
  • all sustain classes are crazy now. who have big HP (hp buffs), good mitigations/defence, self heal or heal other pretty much unkillable. balance even worst than it was in 5.8
  • fall damage. I repeat - remove it or make it flat, not % of HP. 1 tornado can kill entire group

I like how you fix exp gain. now atleast ppl required to go outside. but it is really strange what r10 mobs only in one zone (eu, just one faction havesuch mobs). without a mount most of the ppl wont spent so much time to travel there to get attacked by other faction.

I dunno why you put such patches on life.

Edited by makkon

• The state of leveling is quite annoying for certain classes
    • As a player wanting to play a Druid Healer, I am forced to Axe-sacrifice and mind-numbingly grind until I can unlock the promotion class and get my life tray. 5.8 was at least bearable because of Arc frames, but now that it's all basically 1item:10xp this just means it takes me several days of an absolute chore of a grind to even start playing the class I want. It's not cool that such a meaningless barrier exists for certain class play styles.
  • Micro-stutters are worse than in 5.8.
  • Map loads faster.
  • Menu lag is still bad (not registering item dragging, freezes when opening and closing menus.
  • Harvesting registration is still bad (player will stop harvesting "randomly", nodes will not register a whack)
  • Using Knotwood to make a basic axe yields a 30xp sacrifice item. Using Birch yields a 15xp item.
Edited by Tooltip

Bugs  Ranger brigand:

• Traps disappear when near a corpse you're about to loot see video here to get the view
  • Traps remove you from stealth when they disappear after 60 sec (in fact with the sound they don't really disappear they exploded and then consider you are in combat)
  • Can't slot promotion class passive and traps into the ranged tray (seems useless to still have ranged then)
Edited by Gorwald

Mole Hunter

Heads Up - and probably other stealth vision skills do not always let you see stealthed player near you. I fought duelist who went stealth 5m away from me, I used Heads Up, could not see him, I used Flare around and he got revealed 5m near me where he was staying all the time.

Desyncs - They are crazy with my 200-300 ping. I often miss LMB/Vicious Stomp/Rend on people who are standing 3-4m in front of me, because on server they are standing somewhere else. If game goes into release in this state people from other countries won't be able to play it competitevely and will likely quit the game.