Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
excellz

How's performance in 5.8.1?

46 minutes ago, excellz said:

Wondering if large ZvZ battles are still ~10 fps best case scenario?

depend on your setting, pc and amount of Z

if you have party up, fps will be very low in any situation

if you have no party, decent pc, optimized settings so it is possible to run close to smooth even on sieges. not always, atleast no microfreezes, crashes, server delays (sometimes)

Something changed for the worse for me. It says I am getting anywhere from 40 to 70 FPS most of the time. But it feels like I am getting 5 to 10 FPS. Just walking across the map is miserable for me. Sort of stop and stutter along. Picking up loot when harvesting makes it an even  worse experience. 

I can't imagine how much worse it must be with a party in a siege. Haven't tried it yet and doubt I will even bother playing this campaign if my performance remains the same.

2 hours ago, makkon said:

depend on your setting, pc and amount of Z

if you have party up, fps will be very low in any situation

if you have no party, decent pc, optimized settings so it is possible to run close to smooth even on sieges. not always, atleast no microfreezes, crashes, server delays (sometimes)

Get all that, was wondering about the jump from 5.8 - 5.8.1 specifically though (thanks though!) 

They mentioned some stabs at performance and even minute improvements would be interesting to see :)

9 hours ago, Cosian said:

Large scale keep combat is worse than before 5.8.1

Is that because of more people playing or an actual decline in performance?  I haven't been on much so I can't comment but I do wonder which it is. 

22 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Is that because of more people playing or an actual decline in performance?  I haven't been on much so I can't comment but I do wonder which it is. 

More of a feeling without collecting actual metrics.  Small scale PvP feels the same and in general FPS and MSG when not in large scale combat are 60 and 70 respectively for me.

That said, in the last two keep sieges it was a slideshow and in both they had to do zone resets.  We had a big three-way ... no not that kind of threeway .. at the Chaos keep where I suspect there were more than I normally see.  But the prior day was probably 30 on a side at the order keep and we could not stay connected.  Login and watch MSG climb to 20000.  At the end of the day it did not feel like the problem was simply more bodies in the zone.

9 minutes ago, Cosian said:

More of a feeling without collecting actual metrics.  Small scale PvP feels the same and in general FPS and MSG when not in large scale combat are 60 and 70 respectively for me.

That said, in the last two keep sieges it was a slideshow and in both they had to do zone resets.  We had a big three-way ... no not that kind of threeway .. at the Chaos keep where I suspect there were more than I normally see.  But the prior day was probably 30 on a side at the order keep and we could not stay connected.  Login and watch MSG climb to 20000.  At the end of the day it did not feel like the problem was simply more bodies in the zone.

Server would die over and over.  I think I lost connection 5-6 times that night.  Only to come back in and watch my bar swapping take 4-5 seconds to register.

Definitely ugly problems somewhere on the server side.

I think we can feel it, even when out solo harvesting.  I've been having a lot of swings that didn't connect, as if lost in a quick lag spike.  Wasn't a problem I noticed last campaign.

I'm hovering in the wings, checking back as much as I can, waiting for that magic patch that makes me feel like performance will get good enough for the game to be what it's meant to be.  Fingers crossed!

The worst performance since 3 month.

Every group member lowers your fps for 10.

Fights of 5+ vs 5+ ends up in a lag party.

Sieges are unplayable and it's not because i have an old computer. i play all my games in 4k but not Crowfall. This game i need to play in lowest settings and it doesn't help.

Randomly the server kick you in sieges because of the overload.

I'm playing this game since 3 month now and it's getting worse and worse and worse. Talking about performance issues doesn't help it must be fixed.

Edited by moxx