Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfernusDL

Still Impossible 1v1 against Champions...

Champions are still tough, but much less than before. Instead of being invincible, now it just takes a lot of damage to overwhelm their damage shields. Also, consider that people are still getting geared up and you may have fought one that has a full advanced set, maybe even uncommon, already.

Champs have good self sustain which makes them difficult opponents sure. But far from unbeatable. Previous campaign I didn't lose a 1v1 even once to a champion, didn't lose a single 1v1 anyways tho for that matter.

3 hours ago, Nervontuxis said:

Champs have good self sustain which makes them difficult opponents sure. But far from unbeatable. Previous campaign I didn't lose a 1v1 even once to a champion, didn't lose a single 1v1 anyways tho for that matter.

Playing as?

a well geared pit fighter is def going to be tough, a not so well geared champ drops fast, i know cause im in poo gear and drop like a fly lol

Edited by PAINDOTCOM

2 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

a well geared pit fighter is def going to be tough, a not so well geared champ drops fast, i know cause im in poo gear and drop like a fly lol

Also theres the question of the player's individual skill level. Theres a wide range of skill levels out there and very few could be counted among the top pvpers in EU or NA. Not to mention that some fights are decided on performance issues as well. Champions are pretty good when fps issues kick in for players due to their tankiness and good self sustain. Playing a total glasscannon dps however is pretty tough when fps issues kick in. Might be max hp one second and the next moment you are dead :D

the lag skews the advantage in the favor of whoever payed 2k for their rig and built it themselves rather then letting the walmart electronics team build it, for example when i get into a large fight or almost any group fight i start lagging hard and as a myrmidon thats essentially a death sentence with crash, champs are by far the most forgiving class in this situation, lots of damage, sustain, and mobility they can handle the lag. still though in a fair fight ive only lost to 2 champ so far but there are many champs that have gotten away with the classic hurlbat double dodge leap mount up combo 

My normal trick for killing them is pulling them off cliffs but apparently the one i fought was immune to fall dmg 3 times within the space of 30 seconds not sure how since ultis got changed apparently.
This was after he was winning a 2v7 (Where the ranger buddy of his died realy quickly) he was going down but the moment he got in mob range the mobs started eating enough of the dmg that he was then healing up faster than we could dmg him while he continued to fight lol kinda obnoxious.

2 hours ago, Staff said:

the lag skews the advantage in the favor of whoever payed 2k for their rig and built it themselves rather then letting the walmart electronics team build it

Distance to server, isp latency of route and cpu core clock speed are really the most relevant for this game lag. The gpu and other component loading is quite low. Currently you could try not using the group game mechanic to limit some lag. ACE has most of their team working on it now so I am quite optimistic this will be addressed in 5.9 and 6.0

The context of that 1v5 matter.  Is it person with a high quality vessel, decent gear, a solid build and knowledge of how to play fighting equals and still managing to 1v5?  That’s an issue probably.  If it’s that previous player fighting 5 people in sub par gear, basic vessels, trashcan builds, poor working knowledge of the game and they all panic and run around then yes he should 100% be capable of 1v5 them.  

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

The context of that 1v5 matter.  Is it person with a high quality vessel, decent gear, a solid build and knowledge of how to play fighting equals and still managing to 1v5?  That’s an issue probably.  If it’s that previous player fighting 5 people in sub par gear, basic vessels, trashcan builds, poor working knowledge of the game and they all panic and run around then yes he should 100% be capable of 1v5 them.  

I have plenty of videos doing this from the past, do i miss being fully trained and nicely geared, I am on the other end of that stick now and boy does it hurt haha

7 hours ago, mandalore said:

Why should you be able to 1v1 them?  This isn’t a 1v1 game. 

Sometimes it really annoys me how often you defend the devs potentially poor balance/game design choices by claiming it's intentional. 

A 1v1 is a very common scenario in CF and as that should be considered when balancing (not to mention that that hasn't been done yet for understandable reasons). Only because the devs would like it to be a group focused game doesn't mean 1v1s won't happen. It's their job to make sure all possible scenarios are as balanced as possible for every player/class.

Edited by Glitchhiker

1 hour ago, Glitchhiker said:

Sometimes it really annoys me how often you defend the devs potentially poor balance/game design choices by claiming it's intentional. 

A 1v1 is a very common scenario in CF and as that should be considered when balancing (not to mention that that hasn't been done yet for understandable reasons). Only because the devs would like it to be a group focused game doesn't mean 1v1s won't happen. It's their job to make sure all possible scenarios are as balanced as possible for every player/class.

I’ve never had a 1v1 in CF, I only play group based support characters. 

Edited by mandalore

On 26.01.2019 at 11:01 PM, InfernusDL said:

Fix it...

What class are you?What build are you using to counter champion?Where did you fight?Did you try to use the environment to your advantage?

If you just say fix it,it doesn't help the devs because its a more complex issue than just " reduce some stuff" .When are champs op,why are they op?are they op in a certain scenario or in general etc.

8 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

What class are you?What build are you using to counter champion?Where did you fight?Did you try to use the environment to your advantage?

If you just say fix it,it doesn't help the devs because its a more complex issue than just " reduce some stuff" .When are champs op,why are they op?are they op in a certain scenario or in general etc.

Champions are healing themselves more then Druids... 

1 hour ago, InfernusDL said:

Champions are healing themselves more then Druids... 

Here’s something you might not have known: CF healers underperform at self healing.  It’s impossible to rescue yourself and rescues are giant, game changing heals.  So saying champions out self heal healers isn’t that shocking to me.  I only play healers, I’m not sad I’m happy somebody has self sustain so I don’t have to heal them. 

I’m not saying champion is balanced, none of the classes have had serious balance passes.  They could prob tone down some of the champ things to make it more manageable but that doesn’t change my initial statement:  not everything needs to be balanced for 1v1.  Duels and ganking are the low hanging fruit of CF, sieges and fort fights are where major balance issues should be resolved imo.