Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nebuchad

Is no one going to talk about Chaos's heroic keep defense?

I believe the guard changes definitely have contributed to the lack of keep taking.  But I think it was a great show by all of chaos, not just my guild.  There were some nail biting moments in all of it.  I can't wait to see what those giant bonus pools inspire later on.

I hate to say it, but I can't bear to take part in the actual fighting at the keep, I always run around trying to pick people off streaming in or hit the outer trees... It's too laggy, I am having serious issues doing anything with FPS and ping (one of which I can't really do anything about). The need to upgrade my computer is an itch that I should not scratch until the game is stabilized, but JEEZ the fun I'm missing is going to burn a hole in my pocket. 

I would be completely OK with the ability to toggle an option that reduces the display to players being  faction-themed cubes in a simple, no-texture world so I could partake. 

I'm pretty sure the bulk of the problems may not be with your rig.  A great rig never hurts, but I think a lot of it is server side optimization, which will come.  All we can do is give them the data and have a little fun in the process.  I do turn off all my bells and whistles when going into something like that.  It helps.  If we don't push it to breaking, they can't fix it.

5 minutes ago, Nebuchad said:

I'm pretty sure the bulk of the problems may not be with your rig.  A great rig never hurts, but I think a lot of it is server side optimization, which will come.  All we can do is give them the data and have a little fun in the process.  I do turn off all my bells and whistles when going into something like that.  It helps.  If we don't push it to breaking, they can't fix it.

Oh, for sure on all counts. It's just that I'm due for an upgrade soon anyway and I'm having a fun time testing.

That's a bad combination as far as my wallet is concerned lol. I am holding out how I can. 

I mean have you seen the price of video cards these days?  I'm pretty sure the videocard companies took the bottom fork of ranger. ;) Actually I've found the most bang for your buck these days comes from more RAM and a good SSD.  And fortunately neither of those are real budget busters right now. 

5 minutes ago, Nebuchad said:

I mean have you seen the price of video cards these days?  I'm pretty sure the videocard companies took the bottom fork of ranger. ;) Actually I've found the most bang for your buck these days comes from more RAM and a good SSD.  And fortunately neither of those are real budget busters right now. 

Made me lawl at work. 

All 3 factions smashed into one keep space, going balls to the wall.  The lag was real, but can't complain as everyone felt it.  Overall I thought it was a blast!