Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8.2 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.2 Patch Notes and Known Issues TBD

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Parcel and placeable deeds can now only be created in an EK Stonemasonry crafting station.

Why? Parcels, I can understand, but if we're supposed to be allowed to free build anywhere in the dregs campaign, campaign crafting of deeds would be necessary, imo.

Unless I'm reading this wrong and this just means they can only be crafted at crafted stonemason stations (which presumably will be allowed to socket in buildings placed in a campaign)

January 28, 2019

• Parcel names on the map are not in the correct spots
  • Order owns 2 keeps, but the map says Chaos owns all 3
  • Map does not update when a fort or outpost is taken
  • Points can be cut by a good 10. Getting 60,000 points at the beginning of a campaign seems excessive. Capture bonuses can probably stay the same for now. (Unless you plan on increasing the turn in time longer than 15min)
    • Are capture bonuses being added to the holder's points? I thought they were only spent when someone took an objective from the holder.
  • When the parcel grid is turned on, the squares don't connect. They're a bunch of individual squares (or L's, or plus's)
  • Daily reminder that Minotaur's Racial Bull Rush cannot be slotted in the Ranged Tray, Minotaur's Racial Bloodthirst class resource, and that there needs to be a +Stealth Movement Speed minor
  • New vessels don't  auto-load the dodge into the power bar
  • There's a random fence on one of the road parcels that's perpendicular to the road
  • There's an insufficient funds message on the free vendors
  • I feel Outposts (camps, at least) should be claimed when it's full capped. Similarly, the claim should be lost at full decap. Also the time taken to cap a camp should be increased (since it's an objective for solo players)
Edited by coolster50

15 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

• I feel Outposts (camps, at least) should be claimed when it's full capped. Similarly, the claim should be lost at full decap. Also the time taken to cap a camp should be increased (since it's an objective for solo players)

Taking an outpost is ATM just sitting around doing nothing for 10 minutes.  What you propose means sitting around for 30 minutes doing nothing.  Very much against that.

Still no crafting combinations to make healer gear. The only available stat is support power no critical healing chance or critical healing amount. @thomasblair

It looks like Rehabilitation from field surgeon discipline is not working.

Edited by Extintor

• Parcel and placeable deeds can now only be created in an EK Stonemasonry crafting station.

Have not tested (stuck at work), but is the Stonemasonry crafting station a place-able deed? Can it be crafted in campaign and taken to an EK?

Edit: Also, if we cannot place a crafting station on the base EK deed, and we are not blessed with the parcels from a backer pack, where does that stone mason's table get placed?

Edited by VaMei

10 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Taking an outpost is ATM just sitting around doing nothing for 10 minutes.  What you propose means sitting around for 30 minutes doing nothing.  Very much against that.

I don't know how the math works today (I assume it's linear), but perhaps cap times should be a curve with a max number of players that can improve cap times:

• Outpost: 1 player - 10 min, 2 players - 7 min, 5 or more players - 3 min
  • Fort: 5 player - 15 min, 10 players - 10 min, 20 or more - 5 min

There needs to be enough time to muster a response & get them into the area, but we need to weight that against playability of waiting for a response that may not come. Using uncapped linear math breaks both ends of the equation.

12 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Why? Parcels, I can understand, but if we're supposed to be allowed to free build anywhere in the dregs campaign, campaign crafting of deeds would be necessary, imo.

Unless I'm reading this wrong and this just means they can only be crafted at crafted stonemason stations (which presumably will be allowed to socket in buildings placed in a campaign)

I assume that this change is only for the faction based campaigns, since neither parcels nor buildings can be placed in them. We are supposed to get the dregs campaign in alpha, so we will see. Dregs will probably just exclude parcels.

3 hours ago, VaMei said:
  • Parcel and placeable deeds can now only be created in an EK Stonemasonry crafting station.

Have not tested (stuck at work), but is the Stonemasonry crafting station a place-able deed? Can it be crafted in campaign and taken to an EK?

Edit: Also, if we cannot place a crafting station on the base EK deed, and we are not blessed with the parcels from a backer pack, where does that stone mason's table get placed?

Yes, any of the crafting stations can be crafted in campaign and exported to an EK. The stonemasonry station can be crafted at a general crafting station and then the stonemasonry one can be used to craft all the others.

I would imagine that if you have no parcels that allow you to place a house, and therefore no ability to place a stonemasonry station, you would need to use a station in someone else's EK to build the necessary parcels. 

Spirit Whip is not working properly in that it is not applying the right splash damage on every LMB Basic Attack as it should/has been in the past.

22 hours ago, vkromas said:

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

REALLY CONSIDERING IT!

Aw4sgd3.png

18 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

This was also written under the assumption that claim times would be sped up. I just neglected to mention it because I figured enough people have told ACE that outpost claim times should be sped up, but in case they haven't heard:

The claiming of camps and towers should be sped up. Should only take a minute or 2 to claim, double if you're taking one that's already been claimed.

Edited by coolster50

Whenever I go over to train skills my GPU starts getting hot.  It seems like the skill training page is not optimized at all.  If my GPU gets hotter from going over to skills than it does when I run the game, something is definitely wrong.

8 hours ago, mandalore said:

@vkromas people are currently spamming campfires around the trees of life to our heal dmg done to them.  Is this intended functions for campfire? 

got to like the irony of burning ex-trees to heal a tree, oh the trauma. see also: 'rescue' on trees too. ;p

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

got to like the irony of burning ex-trees to heal a tree, oh the trauma. see also: 'rescue' on trees too. ;p

Rescue on a tree breaks the whole keep well atleast in 5.8 it did when somone rescued the tree the whole thing broke in weird ways

11 hours ago, mandalore said:

@vkromas people are currently spamming campfires around the trees of life to our heal dmg done to them.  Is this intended functions for campfire? 

This one is being talked about in-house currently and we're hoping to come to a decision and possible fix on this soon. 

Edited by vkromas
Updating my phrasing!

Easy fix. Have trees when in combat/taking damage, go into combat mode. Keep functionality for healing trees out of combat

Loved it though. Kept yall from taking advantage of our bugged wall. Showing up 15 minutes early and camping the keep due to it.  I also like how yall could damage the guards even though the keep was not in siege mode too. 

But I really liked killing yall with the catapult.  That was the cherry on top. 

2 hours ago, srathor said:

Loved it though. Kept yall from taking advantage of our bugged wall. Showing up 15 minutes early and camping the keep due to it.  I also like how yall could damage the guards even though the keep was not in siege mode too. 

But I really liked killing yall with the catapult.  That was the cherry on top. 

It was wonky, gamey, sneaky, etc. (on both sides) but in the end I think it's all valuable feedback to the development team. They get to review the behavior and see if it fits their vision for the game.

Spirit Whip is still not functioning correctly and chain on every LMB as it should/used to.

The new Con bonus and stats still don't seem attractive enough to merit placing points in them.
The Barrier bonus being 2x Con looks somewhat attractive and may be worthwhile.
I have not been able to test in a serious environment but it still feels quite weak.

The Block Bonus being 1% of Con is something to consider...if it actually worked.
I would suggest adjusting Personal Damage Modifier CAPS to fix.
It has no effect on Templar Parry (50% Personal Damage Modifier CAP) or Cleric Block (50% Personal Damage Modifier CAP)
No effect on Basic Block (50% Personal Damage Modifier CAP)
The only Class it seemed to have any effect on was Knight Block with the Unbreakable Talent where with a .28 Block Bonus I got Personal Damage Modifier to 75% which again seemed to CAP. (50+28 would be 78 etc)

Edited by Scorn

• Training dummies have been replaced by r1 pigs again in the Balance temple for the current campaign, making it difficult to test some things.
  • Still no cooking station/camp fire in the temple.
  • Powers still regularly fail as previously reported since the start of 5.8.  I hope the upcoming character controller work will resolve this.