Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkromas

5.8.2 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports

5.8.2 starter area, gold gained from spiders bugs out and allows you to keep sacrificing the same stack over and over again, also couldn't get a barrier to activate after putting points into con. unless the icon for it just wasn't showing up or something.

Missing Dodge-Ability:

After joining the first campaign-map, my Myrm Minotaur lost his Dodgeability completly. Its not in the "DEF"-Section, so I cant drag and drop it into the trays

Knight's Personal Damage modifier is getting stuck at 50% after blocking and is not going back down to 0 after releasing block. A similar thing happens for clerics but swapping trays may reset theirs.

Bugs:

- Neither the Cheap Shot Assassin power nor the in-stealth LMB attack were changing the Stealth tray to the Melee tray for one of my Assassin characters. Using either would remove me from stealth (removing the Stealth buff icon at least) but the Stealth tray would remain on screen unless the keybind for the Melee tray was pressed. Logging into a different character/vessel and then back again apparently fixed this.

- No weapon damage done to the test dummies in the temple showed fly text or registered in the combat log. The only damage that did was DoT damage (toxin ticks, Kidney Shot bleed damage). Fly text and combat log damage appeared when attacking the boars in the temple area.

My Harvest pip tracker and Melee pip tracker are overlapping, but only while in harvesting mode.

gaOefVJ.png

Not sure what happened to this Half Giant during character creation, but he is stuck like this.

ho0k6pu.png

Block Mitigation Values are still getting stuck in the 'On' Mode.
This allows a player who can Block to be running around with 50% damage mitigation while not Blocking.
This is a problem on LIVE and still a problem on TEST...
especially because it can happen by accident without the player even understanding or meaning to do so.

The Profound Devotion Talent in the Templar Paladin tree is all kinds of messed up.
It seems it applies some form of capstone on how much Devotion can Heal for... the end result being that Devotion can't Heal for very much.
It seems to have a 'cap' and maxes out around 300 HP non Crit.
A LMB Crit for 322 Heals more than a 719 Judgement as shown in the Combat Log.
Devotion is also not working very well with AoE abilities but I can not tell if this is due to the 'cap' or some other issue.
Devotion seems to be working as intended for non-Paladin Templars. (or probably any Templar who didn't take that Talent)
The first picture is a Paladin with Profound Devotion Talent and 1000SP (so the max values Devotion could possibly be scaling towards)...supposedly
CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_14-26-43-287.j
The second picture is a Vindicator, unable to take Profound Devotion.
Devotion is healing less per damage point inflicted but does not seem to have a cap and is working fine with AoE abilities.
CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_18-31-18-992.j
The third and last picture is from a Level 4 Templar who just unlocked Devotion.
Again the Devotion healing is low, and I am unable to deal enough damage to break that 'Paladin cap' but it is still working with AoE abilities.

CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_19-01-47-970.j

Divine Light and some other abilities are beginning to 'clone' flytext and combat log entries again.
Rend appears to 'double hit' for example (but does not)
Even if this damage is not being applied it is going though the client and log which could lead to some issues.

Edited by Scorn
Divine Light addition

Some characters can jump of a cliff and not die (Fae, Champions with Neckbreaker) then Recall. Trying to hit edge of textures results in client crash or black screen below there.

Desyns are still there.

Smash, Giant Smash, Massive Smash - usually hit single target but I can hit multiple enemies with specific angle and distance.

You can get stuck in this place in Quarry and be forced to Recall, because you can't jump out.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:01 PM, Scorn said:

The only Class it seemed to have any effect on was Knight Block with the Unbreakable Talent where with a .28 Block Bonus I got Personal Damage Modifier to 75% which again seemed to CAP. (50+28 would be 78 etc)

How did you manage to get it to 75%? Unbreakable doesn't increase the cap, it just increases the amount that block stops by 10% (reduced from 20% on the live server), but that doesn't do anything because of the 50% cap.

There's still a problem with spending attribute points when at the cap. I leveled up a legendary stoneborn knight vessel and hit the 250 cap on constitution. I didn't realize right away that I had hit the cap though. The game allowed me to continue to spend points on Con even though I was at the cap, and those points were lost.

18 hours ago, Scorn said:

This allows a player who can Block to be running around with 50% damage mitigation while not Blocking.
especially because it can happen by accident without the player even understanding or meaning to do so.

The Profound Devotion Talent in the Templar Paladin tree is all kinds of messed up.
It seems it applies some form of capstone on how much Devotion can Heal for... the end result being that Devotion can't Heal for very much.
It seems to have a 'cap' and maxes out around 300 HP non Crit.
A LMB Crit for 322 Heals more than a 719 Judgement as shown in the Combat Log.
Devotion is also not working very well with AoE abilities but I can not tell if this is due to the 'cap' or some other issue.
Devotion seems to be working as intended for non-Paladin Templars. (or probably any Templar who didn't take that Talent)
The first picture is a Paladin with Profound Devotion Talent and 1000SP (so the max values Devotion could possibly be scaling towards)...supposedly
CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_14-26-43-287.j
The second picture is a Vindicator, unable to take Profound Devotion.
Devotion is healing less per damage point inflicted but does not seem to have a cap and is working fine with AoE abilities.
CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_18-31-18-992.j
The third and last picture is from a Level 4 Templar who just unlocked Devotion.
Again the Devotion healing is low, and I am unable to deal enough damage to break that 'Paladin cap' but it is still working with AoE abilities.

CrowfallClient_2019-02-03_19-01-47-970.j

Divine Light and some other abilities are beginning to 'clone' flytext and combat log entries again.
Rend appears to 'double hit' for example (but does not)
Even if this damage is not being applied it is going though the client and log which could lead to some issues.

@thomasblair @mhalashace Please please please can we get an actual explanation of how Devotion is supposed to work with Profound Devotion talented? "Scales with support power" could mean so many different things. At first I thought it was it made the 50% life steal closer to 60-65% but now it seems Profound Devotion literally just heals for like 150-300 non crit once per global if you do damage. Meaning it procs off of damage but doesn't scale with the damage you do at all. If this you how you want it to work I would recommend just making it a group wide HoT effect rather than forcing you to hit someone. Because currently you heal the most with it by spamming LMB but if you need the heals you really should be in Parry stance but if you're in Parry stance you can only Righteous Parry like once every 3-4 seconds which would result in significantly less healing. Thanks!

CrowfallClient_2019-02-04_14-56-04-711.jSpell check. This node on TEST unlocked Pursuit Power on the Knight as it had before this description change.
No new 'Exploration' Discipline unlocked on my character UI either that I could see.

Stacking multiple Bleeds repeatedly on targets caused a flood of Flytext
This caused lag eventually leading to a lockup and crash of Crowfall.
Seems exactly like what @moneda was experiencing with Poisons.
Since you can see similar things with Divine Light that causes me some concern about a variety of things related to flytext and combat log entries.
'Cloned' numbers cause serious issues with lag and gameplay and can lead to a misconstrued perception that more damage or healing is being done than actually is.

Edited by Scorn
Bleed Bug

21 hours ago, Scorn said:

I tested this on the TEST server and even though the character sheet shows 50% mitigation, there is a definite difference between the amount of damage I am taking with and without Block activated.

As you can see in this video, the damage is about half when I am actively blocking, despite what the character sheet says, so it's only a display bug.

13 hours ago, Zolaz said:

Why does the skill training screen use 100% of my GPU?

cw.png

This may explain why the game frequently crashes when I open this screen.

• There are a few areas in the game that players can get stuck between rocks. If this happens to you please note the location in the playtest forum and use recall to unstick yourself. 

Only a few? there fricken everywhere lol, the problem is u prevent the use of abilities and actions when off the ground and the lightest slops count u as off the ground so u can not jump or use skills so u cant actualy get out of them cause the game feels ur character is airborn. Personaly i would enable inputs while airborn and see what happens cause i feel this may fix alot of these little things and make things feel a little more responsive. The only reason i see why u did this was to stop people using another character as a stepping stone to get up on some places. I feel its will be easier to fix those issues than find all the little nooks and crannies u can get stuck in cause i know almost every parcel has a spot u can get stuck in due to this atleast ones with clusters of rocks and there atleast one in each spider and zombie pit and im not even looking for them.