Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Iragael

How do Sieges work?

I saw the announcement that the siege window was open.  But, is that true across all zones?  Are there Crowfall Discord channels to help coordinate attacks?  Do sieges happen at the same time every day in every zone?  Are certain zones worth more campaign points?

Also, what is max level and how often do characters get wiped?

Keep Sieges happen once a day on a fixed schedule. All keeps are open to attack at the same time. Some guilds have discord for their own use, but I don't know of any faction discords, and wouldn't trust them for OpSec if there was one. The longer a keep/fort/outpost has been held by an opponent, the more capture points it's worth; the zone it's located in is not relevant to capture points.

Max level is 30. I've seen 1 full wipe and 1 item wipe since I started in September. There will be more wipes as required for game development, with (hopefully) a final wipe at soft launch.

15 minutes ago, Iragael said:

If a Keep is uncontested, how many people would it take to capture roughly?

1st, you've got to get through or around the walls; Siege engines to make holes in walls or Fae/Guinies/Wood Elves to go over/under/through the walls. Then you need to deal with the guards, and they hit much harder than they used to. After that, you have to kill the tree, and it has much more life than before.

Theoretically, I suppose a well built, geared, & executed 5 man team could do it if they were completely unopposed by players. In practice, I don't think a keep has fallen since 5.8.1. Lag has been a big part of that, but it's not as easy to take a keep as it was in 5.8.