Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheJDMC

Assassins, why has no one posted about this? [Petition]

Assassin's had their weapon damage bug removed which would let people see crits upwards of 2800-3.5k with a good set of advanced weapons last patch.

That's all fine and dandy, Duelist and Fae both needed to have that fixed.

BUT something seems a little off when the bread and butter damage dealer of the assassin (Diffusion) a 5 pip EXECUTION move has been nerfed
to deal slightly more than an auto attack.
When I auto attack for around let's say 200 dmg, and my execution that spends 5 pips hits for 300, what is the point in even using it? why not just auto twice more.
The animation would take less time.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if the nerf is working as intended...
if it is working as intended I would like to start a petition to remove diffusion from the game because it's useless.

Edited by TheJDMC
It affects all assassins not just Fae

5 pip diffusions only do roughly double the damage of an auto attack.  1 pip diffusions do half of the damage of an auto attack.  2 pip diffusions do roughly the damage of an auto attack.  Interestingly, 4 pip diffusions do about the same damage as a 5 pip diffusion.

17 minutes ago, TheJDMC said:

Fae assassin had it's weapon damage bug removed

Fae Assassin thing has me #Triggered.

All Assassins had had their damage nerfed, but the lack of mobility on those other races meant they weren't really worth playing before the nerf bat struck.

If a race/class combo takes a nerf, but no one played it to begin with, does it make a sound when it cries?

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

Fae Assassin thing has me #Triggered.

All Assassins had had their damage nerfed, but the lack of mobility on those other races meant they weren't really worth playing before the nerf bat struck.

If a race/class combo takes a nerf, but no one played it to begin with, does it make a sound when it cries?

I'm not going to agree or disagree here, but suffice to say, I cannot wait until they start making actual balance passes to classes. If the above bug is like any other class' "this skill is broken" bug, it won't be fixed until 3-4 weeks after they acknowledge it. 

I Totally agree, I have been running Fae assassin cutthroat build, and I am currently running 2 Green heavy daggers and diffusion is only hitting with a 5pip for around 400-600.  I think something was nerfed to much or it is bugged out atm. I think the scaling should go back up a alittle bit on it!

3 hours ago, Deedss said:

I Totally agree, I have been running Fae assassin cutthroat build, and I am currently running 2 Green heavy daggers and diffusion is only hitting with a 5pip for around 400-600.  I think something was nerfed to much or it is bugged out atm. I think the scaling should go back up a alittle bit on it!

2 heavy daggers catastrofically decrease "basic attack damage", isnt it? I did alot of tests and it looks like good light dual weapons can get even better result as 2 heavy. or mix 1 heavy with 1 light.

I did not tested on life assassins but I did on current 5.8.2 test server and noticed working finishers for all - assassins, pistol and melee duelists.

assassin's can't put toxin on dummy so it did almost no damage. but if you did Diffusion on mobs R5+ so I able to get 1500+ non crits with not good green weapon.

duelist still able to crit for 3k HP sometimes with the same poorly made socksty gear

On 2/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, makkon said:

2 heavy daggers catastrofically decrease "basic attack damage", isnt it? I did alot of tests and it looks like good light dual weapons can get even better result as 2 heavy. or mix 1 heavy with 1 light.

I did not tested on life assassins but I did on current 5.8.2 test server and noticed working finishers for all - assassins, pistol and melee duelists.

assassin's can't put toxin on dummy so it did almost no damage. but if you did Diffusion on mobs R5+ so I able to get 1500+ non crits with not good green weapon.

duelist still able to crit for 3k HP sometimes with the same poorly made socksty gear

No, 2 heavy should not lower auto attack damage like that. It should only add 4 seconds to the cooldown of abilities each. So 8 seconds total. 

And it should also make abilities hit the hardest. So diffusion would do more damage.