Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tooltip

Crowfall: PvT Edition

So, the way things go in this game, you basically need to be level 30 to fully play most (all?) classes. In some cases, like the Druid healer, you need to be 15 before you can even start healing, and 25 before you don't have to endlessly tray-juggle.

This leads to players finding the optimal way to level. In 5.8 that was sacrificing architectural frames. While NOT AT ALL INTERESTING, it was at least fast. You basically got 2 levels per craft and it was over quickly.

5.8.1 "fixed" that so now crafted items basically give 10xp per 1 basic mat. This means that players need to find the best way to mass produce items at that conversion rate in order to level. Turns out (from what I've seen) that basic axes (30xp) made with 3 knotwood (not rank wood), and or basic bows/books (118xp) made with 12 knotwood are the way to go. They require the least amount of effort, and can all be done in total safety. Sure, fighting the right mobs is faster and also gets you gold, but it has obvious risks and is arguably slower (not to mention you cannibalize your own faction xp by monopolizing spots)

So it's basically Player vs. Trees gameplay before you can even play the actual game. 17,500xp to 30 at 10xp per knotwood = 1,750 knotwood. I'm specced into wood gathering (not exclusively) and it takes me 3 swings with a basic axe to pop a knotwood tree. The average drop rate is 1.5 wood per tree = 1,167 trees. 

Come on, now. Is this really how you want your players spending their time? Fighting Knotwood trees?

Can we please do something about this ridiculous leveling problem? Give XP (with DR per character-character kills) for PvP. Increase mob density, or at the very least allow us to respec until you can get the whole mob overhaul in.

Please don't just reply with "go fight mobs instead". Many players are not playing that way and there's a reason for that. It's poor design, not poor player choice. 

I do not really agree with a player being safe in a full loot PVP game. Everything has to take risk in a PVP oriented game. If a player wants PVE need to play on a PVE server. EKs should be for PVE players to craft tournaments and maybe PVP without risk. Noobs can learn the basics here.

GRs should be for PVP players who want moderately difficult matches. Full loot, but unlimited resources, no penalty kill, and faction balancing system in PVP to avoid uncle bob scenario (quests system given by the gods that are orders that must be fulfilled by the crow like convocation to battle). PVP with medium risk. Crafters need to go to battle, but have better equipment and so have helped their team indirectly by providing ILVL advantages that will help during the fight to equalize the power.

Dregs should be hardcore mode. Full loot, no missions from the gods, betrayal, one death per world (ressurection is possible if allies sacrifice vital energy - food meter) and unlimited per campaign, limited resources and starvation would be common. Wild worlds with fragile alliance guilds.

Edited by hamon

I completely agree, but the current system doesn't encourage this. There are so many ways to encourage players to go out and not stay in EKs or the temple area. Heck, even removing sacrifice pits from those spots would do it.

ur complaining bout xp for basic vessels???? boy your in for  a huge surprise.

Epic vessels are like 104k XP and only R9/10 mobs give Xp aswell btw.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 minutes ago, veeshan said:

ur complaining bout xp for basic vessels????

Well that's my point. And yes, our "jobs" here is to playtest and provide feedback. So complaining when things are a chore and not fun is part of that task. Don't accept a ludicrous system like this. There are a million ways to make it better and more fun to play. So saying "you have it easy now" is no solution at all. Why would anyone want to go through this with a blue vessel? Players will at best tolerate it, not enjoy it. Games should be fun, no?

Basic vessels take about an hour or two to max out.

to max out an epic vessel with current resource costs off vendor is about 20-25k gold.

If your going to aother vessel you should be prepared already.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

49 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Basic vessels take about an hour or two to max out.

to max out an epic vessel with current resource costs off vendor is about 20-25k gold.

If your going to aother vessel you should be prepared already.

Even I think the leveling is a bit over taxing for new players.  Imagine logging in for the first time, having nobody to directly ask, no general chat in game, no in game system to guide you and then a system that people tolerate but basically nobody legitimately likes.  

Why are we leveling basic vessels?  I can see making people work for higher tier vessels because there is a substantial gain but making people level basic vessels is just archaic.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I think it's fine to have leveling, there just needs to be more ways to gain xp besides killing and sac'ing, like exploring, harvesting, crafting, or capping.

Also, higher rank mobs/nodes should give more xp than lower rank ones

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

9 hours ago, mandalore said:

Even I think the leveling is a bit over taxing for new players.  Imagine logging in for the first time, having nobody to directly ask, no general chat in game, no in game system to guide you and then a system that people tolerate but basically nobody legitimately likes.  

Why are we leveling basic vessels?  I can see making people work for higher tier vessels because there is a substantial gain but making people level basic vessels is just archaic.  

leveling i dont think the issue mainly is the fact ur useless until ur almost lvl 30.

Tooo much power is behind the leveling system not having access to half your skills till ur like 20 is one thing passive at 25 which is important too -.-

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Actually soil is the fastest way to level now. 15 wood, 15 stone, 15 ore. 900xp. Also you can get all that from farming zombies and buying off vendors.

Edited by Kaoz

The whole leveling system is just a crappy job you have to do with every vessel before you can even pvp.

We could just as well have forced quests that say you need to harvest 500 knotwood, cobble and slag before you are able to harvest any other resources. Then you can watch your exp meter go up from 0 to 1500 while you farm that poorly made socks. Exactly the same thing.

But hey, a lot of you people wanted vessels that need leveling and a talent tree system, so here we have it.

49 minutes ago, Nervontuxis said:

The whole leveling system is just a crappy job you have to do with every vessel before you can even pvp.

We could just as well have forced quests that say you need to harvest 500 knotwood, cobble and slag before you are able to harvest any other resources. Then you can watch your exp meter go up from 0 to 1500 while you farm that poorly made socks. Exactly the same thing.

But hey, a lot of you people wanted vessels that need leveling and a talent tree system, so here we have it.

I’m okay with leveling nonbasic vessels and I want a system that represents all aspects of the game.  You should be able to get xp from leveling, crafting, harvesting, saccing, exploring and in my case forum posts.  The system needs some tweaks but overall I like the talent system.  Some of the specialization options in talents suck and need a serious pass over but for a first iteration of the system I’m happy with their work.  What we had before wasn’t very good (the class/race skill trees).  

Edited by mandalore
Radical and Arbiter Clerics are just bleh. Give me prelate from sb and a buffing cleric instead.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I also agree that a leveling system is a good mechanic to have in. But it's a PvP game, why not give XP for PvP?

• To curtail collusion:
    • Track how many times a particular player has killed a particular player and give DR --> 0xp after X kills in Y time.
    • and / or, track each player and give them an XP pool that grows the longer they haven't been killed (a' la forts and keeps).
    • and / or, track each player and only give out flat XP for X deaths in Y time.
    • and / or, only give out XP if there was an actual fight (both parities did and took damage)

There's like 20 years of ideas for how to give out XP. I'm just not sure why they hard gate PvP behind PvE in a PvP game.

Greatly reducing starter vessel xp requirements would go a long way towards getting people out in the field and participating. At least tune it so the average Joe Crow can have all the skill points and a full set of intermediates by running around and collecting the beach head t1 resources in say...4 hours?

18 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Greatly reducing starter vessel xp requirements would go a long way towards getting people out in the field and participating. At least tune it so the average Joe Crow can have all the skill points and a full set of intermediates by running around and collecting the beach head t1 resources in say...4 hours?

I still think level 30 starting basic vessels would work.

wiDfyPp.png

Making an entertaining PvE experience takes a ton of time and effort.  Leveling in this game is far from fun, IMHO.  I talked to a person who did it solo and they said it took 6-8 hours to level to 30.  I know it can be done much quicker and the community will always find the fastest way to do it.  But the truth is it isn't fun.  Making armor/weapons you feel like your accomplishing something.  Leveling just seems like a chore you have to do to play. 

I think they should give people level 30 for the basic vessel.   Eventually have a good starting area that helps you get ready, but that will be down the road.

Its boring.  Been saying this since the patch released.  The "game" is "work" right now.  Non stop harvest and craft.  No direction, no lore, no REASON to pvp.  Just more and more crafting/farming.

Shrink the map(s), give CONTINUING "rewards" that carry onto the NEXT campaign, and populate MORE mob camps (with marks on the map of locations/tier) AND HAVE THEM DROP RANDOM WEAPONS/ITEMS/MATS.  YES, CHANCE TO DROP ACTUAL WEAPONS OR VESSELS!!!

Right now this game is just a work simulator, and I cant even log in anymore.

Wrain

7 hours ago, Kaoz said:

Actually soil is the fastest way to level now. 15 wood, 15 stone, 15 ore. 900xp. Also you can get all that from farming zombies and buying off vendors.

its 12 of each btw, soil effectively triples your XP if u spend the gold to buy resources from vendor instead of sacrificing straight gold more time in crafting it though (Alot more) 50 soil is about an hours of just crafting.

15,000g+ 1 hour of crafting = 45k xp basicly is it worth the hour of crafting thats the question. Armor is probaly quicker time wise though since it quicker to make plate helms and things for 1.3k xp or something like that but a little less XP to resrouces ratio.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, Tooltip said:
  • To curtail collusion:

There is simply no reason to worry about leveling collusion if you think about it. Most players would admit that leveling a basic vessel is nothing more then sacrificing enough gold or crafted items. Bam! 30 min later your done. It would be so much easier to just hand the resources/gold over via a myriad of ways skipping the paltry gains anyone would make doing any other activity to collude. 

I simply despise that they skill gated leveling and wish they will change this mechanic. Part of crowfall concept was to get right into the fray without grinding. I understand why they made leveling more relevant, but skills need to be removed from the leveling mechanic.