Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cosian

Another Epic Chaos Keep Defense?

Once again, a Balance victory at the Chaos Keep was not to be had.  I suspect Chaos is still burying their dead because we killed a ton but failed to take the tree.

That said, the Balance defeat here did not happen by force of arms, but rather by Chaos employing a couple interesting strategies that turned the tables ...

I was wondering why so many we looted were running around with multiple campfires in inventory.  It quickly became clear that you were dropping campfires all over and they were mass healing the tree, severely mitigating any damage we could cause.  And alas, campfires cannot be attacked or destroyed but are on a timer.  So its like having a butt ton of pocket healers that cannot be attacked.

The second strategy of impact was being able to fire siege into the tree room.  At first I thought it was a bomb but it was siege that pretty much created the ability for you to force our withdrawal and wipe us from the tree room.

So well done!  Seriously, you employed strategies permitted by the current mechanics and won the day.

That said, do you guys feel this is the way it should be?  Eventually you will be on the attack at a keep and be facing the same thing.  The campfire seems especially gamey...  Your thoughts?

No, your right and I'll own that but the results would have been the same if we had to stop to take down a wall.  It really is a question on whether the campfires need to be reassessed and siege firing into the tree room is valid ....  Walls are not generally going to be bugged but now every keep take will have to deal with the two strategies you employed and I mentioned.   Look I am certainly not butt hurt because we didn't take the keep.  I am happy enough we could provide some player content by conducting the attack.

You reap what you sow brother :)

Edited by Cosian

Reminder: Accusations of cheating are serious business, especially on the forum. As the Rules of Conduct state:

• Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of cheating or some other type of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please use the Report tool or send an email directly to support@crowfall.com instead of engaging with the user.

When such accusations are levied publicly, our policy is to remove the post/thread from the forum and then issue a warning to the person who posted it. So, be careful how you throw shade at others so you don't wind up getting yourself in trouble in the process. 

All of that said, I had a chat with Blair about the campfire situation. Technically, it's not a bug or even an exploit - it does what it does even though what it's doing is not copacetic. Therefore, people who've used it haven't sinned against the All-Father; however, it's not the way that the designers want campfires to work and it will be changed. 

I'm locking the thread now. If you wish to discuss your feedback regarding campfires, walls or other things related to testing, please do so in the Testing forums