Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noph

Fae racials seem mandatory?

This still need to do a lot of balancing on the racial abilities. Right now Fae is a pretty obvious choice for most assassins as it adds a lot of mobility and the ability to glide into adventure zones and gank people.

You can definitely get away with some of the other races but it honestly depends on how you are playing the character. The argument could be made that high elf is better for group game play since you will have two necks which would increase basic attack damage even further. 

The +50% run speed in stealth and the ability to glide has me choosing Fae.   I currently have a Half Elf and I wish I could walk faster in stealth. 

I've been messing around with multiple assassin races and while I think Fae is really strong for reasons pointed out earlier in this thread, I've taken a major liking to High-Elf.

I have equal to if not more mobility than a Fae for disengage power, more staying power within a fight and group fight, a little group support/debuff potential, and the added elemental resist which feels pretty good to have as a bonus. Since I'm not playing a ton currently and am not part of a really big guild, I don't have any jewelry, am just running around in white gear, and can't make use of the added amulet slot. But that extra slot is undeniably strong with the power of jewelry atm.

Point being, @Soulreaver is right in his assessment of the races. Is Fae strong, yes. Is Fae mandatory, by no means. Each race has, objectively, different strengths and that's how it should be. Tailoring your playstyle and build to fit the race is what makes it viable. It's easy to play Fae assassin because it fits a lot of people's playstyles and thoughts of what an assassin should be (fast and nimble), but like I said, High-Elf fits my playstyle great and has me thinking what the assassin could be in this game. It's personal preference.

1 hour ago, Jjusticar said:

I've been messing around with multiple assassin races and while I think Fae is really strong for reasons pointed out earlier in this thread, I've taken a major liking to High-Elf.

I have equal to if not more mobility than a Fae for disengage power, more staying power within a fight and group fight, a little group support/debuff potential, and the added elemental resist which feels pretty good to have as a bonus. Since I'm not playing a ton currently and am not part of a really big guild, I don't have any jewelry, am just running around in white gear, and can't make use of the added amulet slot. But that extra slot is undeniably strong with the power of jewelry atm.

Point being, @Soulreaver is right in his assessment of the races. Is Fae strong, yes. Is Fae mandatory, by no means. Each race has, objectively, different strengths and that's how it should be. Tailoring your playstyle and build to fit the race is what makes it viable. It's easy to play Fae assassin because it fits a lot of people's playstyles and thoughts of what an assassin should be (fast and nimble), but like I said, High-Elf fits my playstyle great and has me thinking what the assassin could be in this game. It's personal preference.

Try High Elf + Escape Artist.. U will gain a high amount of dodges...

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Soulreaver said:

Try High Elf + Escape Artist.. U will gain a high amount of dodges...

That's already what I'm running, it's quite fun.

Edited by Jjusticar

Posted (edited)

Isnt the critical dodge passive bound to a 30 sec inner CD? That passive is worth it on woodelfs if executed correctly but not on short dodge-cd's in my view. 

It also got silently nerfed and doesnt give you 2 pips on the proc anymore

Edited by Makuza

1 hour ago, Makuza said:

Isnt the critical dodge passive bound to a 30 sec inner CD? That passive is worth it on woodelfs if executed correctly but not on short dodge-cd's in my view. 

You can't be wood elf assassins. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

I gave an example for a race which has a good value out of that passive... go farm your posts somewhere else

Edited by Makuza

3 hours ago, Makuza said:

It's definitely worth it on high-elf because it gives you an extra chance to proc your clearcast. It's more than possible to chain 6 dodges in a row if you get decent clearcast procs on top of the critical dodge proc.

Whether it's worth it on other low range dash races, that's personal preference. It can easily give you another reset oppportunity.

2 hours ago, Jjusticar said:

It's definitely worth it on high-elf because it gives you an extra chance to proc your clearcast. It's more than possible to chain 6 dodges in a row if you get decent clearcast procs on top of the critical dodge proc.

Whether it's worth it on other low range dash races, that's personal preference. It can easily give you another reset oppportunity.

Just a quick note, since its going offtopic with that disc...and this disc could even better be used on a fae than on a highelf tbh

Yes, I know how clearcast works, since I played a fessor for over 2 campaigns as a highelf. I just would never want to rely on such procs (which do not even have a chance of 50%... prove me wrong, but its more like 20% at best). 

Sure it can make a really good chain but critical dodge is sheit in the way it works and the hidden background dodge-pipgeneration is not helping on that either. The proc goes also off, if you have already 2 dodgepips, which is the most stupid thing which could happen in the case of an assassin in my view. If you engage out of stealth, you have most likely all your dodgepips and you will trigger that inner cooldown of critical dodge before you use them. 

Let me ask you: How long you stay on the target after the engagement before you usually disengage for another stealth attack? More than 25 seconds? I dont think so.. at least not from my experiences with that class in proper fights. Iam not talking about ganksituations in which the victim is just a victim and will not even fight back.

_______

I also like the dodge of the highelf, there is no doubt about that and on top you get that nice necklace for free, but still...it doesnt make it on one level with the Fae if it comes to the assassin. The highelf-dodge is grounded. I want to see an assassin which is used to jump out of dangerous situations by using slopes, walls or any other obstacles or gaps doing the same with an highelf. It just doesnt work. The only movement advantage the highelf has over the fae is uphill, which can avoided if you know your surroundings. Also the dodge-execution of the highelf is way slower than the fae-dodgeroll. You need that speedy dodgerolls to cover as much distance in the shortest amount of time to disengage; more short slow jumps after another do not help you especially because you want to stealth on the end of your dodgeroll-disengagechain and here comes the stealthspeed to it...dont need to go into that once more I guess.

I hope you understand my points. 

2 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Sure it can make a really good chain but critical dodge is sheit in the way it works and the hidden background dodge-pipgeneration is not helping on that either. The proc goes also off, if you have already 2 dodgepips, which is the most stupid thing which could happen in the case of an assassin in my view. If you engage out of stealth, you have most likely all your dodgepips and you will trigger that inner cooldown of critical dodge before you use them. 

I've had 0 issues proc'ing it reliably. Whether it's design is flawed or not, wasn't really the point of the discussion. Currently it is working just fine and I've found plenty of success on it. 

4 minutes ago, Makuza said:

I also like the dodge of the highelf, there is no doubt about that and on top you get that nice necklace for free, but still...it doesnt make it on one level with the Fae if it comes to the assassin. The highelf-dodge is grounded. I want to see an assassin which is used to jump out of dangerous situations by using slopes, walls or any other obstacles or gaps doing the same with an highelf. It just doesnt work. The only movement advantage the highelf has over the fae is uphill, which can avoided if you know your surroundings. Also the dodge-execution of the highelf is way slower than the fae-dodgeroll. You need that speedy dodgerolls to cover as much distance in the shortest amount of time to disengage; more short slow jumps after another do not help you especially because you want to stealth on the end of your dodgeroll-disengagechain and here comes the stealthspeed to it...dont need to go into that once more I guess.

Again, you are literally just saying your preference. I like an assassin that can manage it's range within fights with less resets while I wittle down opponents, giving them close to no uptime on me because I have the dodges to create space. High-elf allows me to do that more effectively. 

Just because you like and enjoy the Fae racials more for the assassin, does not mean they are the best or even mandatory. But I understand that this way of thinking can be tough. The way you play assassin is not necessarily the most effective, the way I play assassin is not necessarily the most effective BUT we both made them work effectively. 

Iam just wondering on which kind of battles you are referring to.

Ganking/Small/Mid/Largescale?

We will have different views on that topic anyway if you speak about ganking or smallscale, since thats not what I have in mind while Iam talking like that about Highelf/Fae

5 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Iam just wondering on which kind of battles you are referring to.

Ganking/Small/Mid/Largescale?

All of them. I change my build and playstyle depending on the type of engagement I will be a part of. And my High-Elf performs admirably in all of them.

5 hours ago, Makuza said:

I want to see an assassin which is used to jump out of dangerous situations by using slopes, walls or any other obstacles or gaps doing the same with an highelf.

This doesn't matter as much any more because the lessened fall damage. And, how often are you fighting in a spot that would allow you to dash glide some extreme amount? The only thing indispensable on Fae now is the stealth speed. Double jump is nice... but not needed either.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Navystylz said:

And, how often are you fighting in a spot that would allow you to dash glide some extreme amount?

100% of my PvP atm, because Iam only login on Live for the siegetimer :)

Wish I would have met any highelf-assassin player which can show off what you guys are trying to tell me here...but I did not on EU yet. I can barely remember the last time I met one...and this was some sologank attempt in the pits which ended horrible for him.

Looking forward to see more of these, since it seems there are players believing in that and maybe the upcoming charactercontroller will also mix up things here.

Edited by Makuza