Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phr00t

There should NOT be an innate 2% chance to fail on crafting

With appropriate training, you should be able to achieve 100% chance to succeed on at least Uncommon and Rare items. Epic/Legendary should perhaps be impossible or nearly impossible to reach 100% success rate.

Having an arbitrary RNG-based failure on a craft, even for someone who is an expert crafter with maxed trees, makes no sense and serves no game purpose other than to frustrate the players.

This will be much more apparent when people are actually playing the game - more combat means more durability damage on items, therefore items will be degrading much faster than we are seeing now. The material sink should be gated by gameplay, not by RNG.

TLDR: Farming enough materials for a green or blue item and having it flaw out due to 2% RNG even on a skilled crafter adds nothing to the game and only serves as an unnecessary random waste of materials.

Got to agree, im almost fully trained in leatherworking, ive not failed to make anything upto now when I failed to make a leather chest piece, I can understand failing at the start of training but not whens its almost fully maxed out, its just silly and a waste of mats, it pi$$ed me right off.

Edited by Fefner

There is now very little risk in crafting, only the occasional flaw so now that is what new players consider as risk.   The Large Reroll option took all of the risk out and replaced it with a dust "fee".    It is very unsatisfying paying to make every item great or better.   The variance of item quality from crafting is very small unless you are a dipstick and don't spend the dust on Large Reroll.

This also means that there are no "bad" items made that would be used in sacrifice...

Edited by Frykka

Goes to a 1% fail rate with assembly difficulty reduction with the jewelery according to my Necro. I wouldnt know though cause jewellery crafters dont get that crafting necklaces that give that stat

5 hours ago, Frykka said:

There is now very little risk in crafting, only the occasional flaw so now that is what new players consider as risk.   The Large Reroll option took all of the risk out and replaced it with a dust "fee".    It is very unsatisfying paying to make every item great or better.   The variance of item quality from crafting is very small unless you are a dipstick and don't spend the dust on Large Reroll.

This also means that there are no "bad" items made that would be used in sacrifice...

They could implement ways so that the reroll isn't such an easy way out as now, but I fear things would get too complex in that case. For example, the reroll could have a different result table where things would be like:

40% chance of getting worse.
40% chance of staying the same
15% chance getting better (one tier better)
5% chance getting 2 tiers better

Mainly that means no chance of changing a poor result into an amazing which, by the way, is pretty stupid. Also it is twice as likely you will get a downgrade than an upgrade, which would require the crafter to THINK if the reroll is worth it.

It isnt hard to come up with ways that would be more... interactive? But, like I said before, they would be a tad convoluted. Another one I like is using the average of 2 bad result as some sort of limit. So the worst could upgrade to the average of it and the second worst result (rounded up) and the second worst result could upgrade to the average of it and the third worst result. Always with a very real chance of downgrade.

Haha, I said it would get convoluted. But I really like it. Heck, they could even give us a new UI and allow us to reroll all pips this way (with increasing costs for good measure (or even varying it according with the results quality)). It would be like gambling.

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

40% chance of getting worse.
40% chance of staying the same
15% chance getting better (one tier better)
5% chance getting 2 tiers better

Better change the cost of rerolls then. 40% of getting worse is stupid. Especially if you rolled well. Those arbitrary numbers can't work because you have a experimentation success chance, and 40% chance to tank that just cuz, would ensure no one used it.

Goes to 99% according to my necro when u get assembly reduction stat. i havant used the necklaces though since jewelers dont get one.

Assembly skill seems kinda meh atm mine not even cap and i have 98% success all the way up to epic (havant tried legendary yet) with jewelery crafting got like 75 assembly skill.

Edited by veeshan