Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aedius

crash in big fight

Today i decided to record the defense of the Balance fort in EU because we knew  that chaos will come in number.

It was a mess, everyone crash when they arrived at the tree, see my example :
https://youtu.be/Ru-gAPDp8DM?t=143

On 7 people on our discord 6 of us got a crash.

Is it the case only for us ?
Is it the same on the US server ?

When the first campaign will be live, we will get more people online, so it must be fix before.

8 hours ago, Aedius said:

Today i decided to record the defense of the Balance fort in EU because we knew  that chaos will come in number.

It was a mess, everyone crash when they arrived at the tree, see my example :
https://youtu.be/Ru-gAPDp8DM?t=143

On 7 people on our discord 6 of us got a crash.

Is it the case only for us ?
Is it the same on the US server ?

When the first campaign will be live, we will get more people online, so it must be fix before.

as I know discord using webrtc and devs swear an oath they did not use peer to peer. you can install discord client on linux with enabled selinux and watch "how" dirty things are. I think somehow but they used distributed network. may be not pure peer to peer but some hybrid.

I really do not believe devs use their servers to handle such traffic/cpu/memory for free to everyone.

so, if you pc have some extremely load like it was on the siege (you can always check out i/o and other system stats with any available soft during the siege), ppl can get issues to hear you as well as you can get issues =)

ps. also there can be ddos or voice gateway on the discord side problems atm. easy

This happened to me the last two sieges because everyone came to Balance. Our guild members got disc as well (even with good computers). 

Edited by Ossis

6 hours ago, Belantis said:

Is this the first time that this has happened to you?

First time in 5.8 yes.

4 hours ago, makkon said:

ps. also there can be ddos or voice gateway on the discord side problems atm. easy

@makkon their is no problems on discord, we were disconnected from the game.

To be more specific, we usually lost one or two player with older computer.
But loosing almost everyone, it's scary

This is the new Chaos campfire keep defense.  Knowingly using the Templar circle (and diffusion) lag defense.  Or maybe you didnt notice the 100 purple circles at your feet?

Sign in to follow this