• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

5.8.2 Territory Capture Bonus - Official discussion thread

54 minutes ago, moneda said:

Was Live supposed to update to 5.8.3 today? O_o

Did I put in the wrong publish values?  5.8.1 and 5.8.2 are what they're supposed to be.

12 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

Did I put in the wrong publish values?  5.8.1 and 5.8.2 are what they're supposed to be.

Well yea, but also the values aren't what they're supposed to be I think. We're on 5.8.2 now and the Winter time Holding value per turn is still 20.

aOUvq5o.png

Edited by moneda

What I find weird in the new proposal is if someone takes anything in spring and loses it in winter the faction taking the outpost, fort or keep will get more points than the faction holding it in spring, summer and fall.

For example, you get and outpost in spring at it will give you 5 points each period, but if you lose it in winter the other faction will get 8 points for each period you kept it, for each period in summer you will get 10 and your enemy will get 12 and for each period in fall you will get 15 and the taker will get 16. So, the best strategy is don't take anything until winter. It sounds strange.

Edited by Extintor

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

So, the best strategy is don't take anything until winter.

That would be true if this were a 2 faction campaign to where you could ensure no other faction captured the objective until Winter. 

Since this is a 3 faction campaign the third faction could capture that objective you're letting sit until winter and then you get nothing.

14 minutes ago, blazzen said:

That would be true if this were a 2 faction campaign to where you could ensure no other faction captured the objective until Winter. 

Since this is a 3 faction campaign the third faction could capture that objective you're letting sit until winter and then you get nothing.

The third faction may or may not capture it but I still think it's weird giving a bigger reward from the capture than the points accumulated by keeping it. Imho the 80% you get in last iteration when you take something in winter was ok to keep the campaigns alive.

25 minutes ago, Extintor said:

The third faction may or may not capture it but I still think it's weird giving a bigger reward from the capture than the points accumulated by keeping it. Imho the 80% you get in last iteration when you take something in winter was ok to keep the campaigns alive.

I agree.  

The key for this to work and to have people wanting to hold objectives is give incentives other than points. Currently I think the only other reason to hold stuff is the crafting table acess? Oh, and the thrall bonus, right?

There was also talk about upgrading our holds and that could be interesting. The more you hold something the more points it is worth, BUT the more time you have to upgrade it and make it harder to capture.

Edited by BarriaKarl