Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.2 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 02/05/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.2 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Foreman / Take it Down is working again. But I'm not sure I missed it.

I did miss it for a few days at the start of 5.8.1, but then I got used to not having it. Sure. Mining in 5.8.1 was hard. Probably too hard. But also felt rewarding when you finally took a high rank Motherlode  down.

This single skill, made from one ore and one dust makes as much difference as all other training and equipment combined. I'm not sure if that's literally true, but that's how it feels.

I think 'Take It Down' needs to be toned down a bit. Maybe so it removes 20% of Motherlode armor. The difficulty can then be adjusted by lowering the armor of some or all ranks of Motherlodes if needed.

4 minutes ago, Julmas said:

This single skill, made from one ore and one dust makes as much difference as all other training and equipment combined. I'm not sure if that's literally true, but that's how it feels.

I think 'Take It Down' needs to be toned down a bit. Maybe so it removes 20% of Motherlode armor. The difficulty can then be adjusted by lowering the armor of some or all ranks of Motherlodes if needed.

The only reason Foreman costs only one ore and one dust is for testing purposes. It will be more difficult to obtain in the future, and you won't be able to hot-swap discs like you do now. So nerfing it based on the current cost and ease of use doesn't make sense.

So, ACE seems intent on removing capabilities for leveling quickly with crafted materials that players have discovered, forcing them to level in some way that ACE "approves" of.

Has ACE considered that players are trying to circumvent the process that ACE wants because the process that ACE wants is not fun, nor interesting and is excessively time-consuming?

29 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

So, ACE seems intent on removing capabilities for leveling quickly with crafted materials that players have discovered, forcing them to level in some way that ACE "approves" of.

Has ACE considered that players are trying to circumvent the process that ACE wants because the process that ACE wants is not fun, nor interesting and is excessively time-consuming?

I would recommend ACE take a look at leveling a Blue Vessel which is middle of the line and see the pains that we go through trying to level entirely off mobs as every other method is currently being decreased in effectiveness. Not sure why we are forcing players to only level using one method. If we can gather and spend time doing it why should we not be able to use those resources to sacrifice them?

Templars need a definite fix ASAP and a definite re-work. Asking them to not use a core staple ability like Divine Light is pretty rough. 

This patch was shifted to LIVE with the 'Block Mitigations' bug still intact and that can lead to a pretty extreme issue with all 3 variations of 'Blocking' (Parry, Basic Block and Knight Block)

This is a bug where the Mitigations from Blocking providing 50% Final Damage Modifier get stuck 'on' even when no longer Blocking and was reported in previous bug threads and feedbacks.

On 5.8.1 it was just a problem with 'Basic Block' from Master of Shields and I don't think many people were aware of, or used it all that much. 
For 5.8.2 on TEST it had grown to encompass Knight Block and Templar Parry as well.
As of moving to LIVE it seems to have been fixed for Knight Block at least but still exists for both Basic Block and Templar Parry. As shown here.

One element of confusion was that Knight Block with the Unbreakable Talent actually increases the cap on Final Damage Modifier by 25% allowing one to reach 75% mitigations while blocking with Knight Block.
So even with the bug on, Knights might Block and see themselves taking 50% of what they were...
but the difference was not 100-50 but rather 50-25 with that bug.

Please fix this.

Also...what's the point of having a Block Bonus if Block abilities get you to the 50% Mitigation bonus by themselves?
The only character Block bonus is actually working for is Knight...
but even then only a little bit as they get an increase of cap to 75% for their class Block...
but their Class Block gets them to 70% by itself!

I would suggest adjusting values and caps to allow for Block Bonus to actually be a meaningful stat.
Please.
We don't need more useless stats that do nothing.

Crafting 2handed weapons lose out on stats from Hunger shards as compared to Classes that use 2 1handed weapons due to being able to put 2 Hunger shards into 2 weapons.
I would suggest adding another Hunger Shard slot for 2handed weapons to even this out.

Armor lockouts and balance creates a bit of an issue.
There are models, some interesting models IMO, for Leather, Mail or Plate on Races that are very unlikely to actually be utilized. Certainly on the Chest Piece anyways. This is due to certain stats on armor being too strong and others too weak.
This is especially true on the Chest Pieces which only provide Armor and in a clearly defined tier system so Leather is always weaker than Mail which is weaker than Plate.

I would suggest bringing back some meaning beyond Protections to Chest pieces in order to see some Armor variety once again as well as going over the current stats armor fill pieces add.
There are all these wonderful stats in the character sheet that can do something...but there's not a lot of things that actually do anything with them.

Edited by Scorn

3 hours ago, Julmas said:

Foreman / Take it Down is working again. But I'm not sure I missed it.

I did miss it for a few days at the start of 5.8.1, but then I got used to not having it. Sure. Mining in 5.8.1 was hard. Probably too hard. But also felt rewarding when you finally took a high rank Motherlode  down.

please NO, this made taking down Motherloads impossible for new players and smaller guilds. for me and my new friends rank one mother loads were pretty much impossible for us. For a lot of you vetarian players with amazing tools and passive training it was doable for others it was impossible. My friends and I were pretty much bared from higher end vessels and gear while people with higher passive training zoomed by us in gear.

2 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

How is it excessively time consuming it takes like a day to get to 30. Any quicker than the current system is just crazy. If any thing it needs to be slowed down.

2 hours ago, ZeFx said:

I would recommend ACE take a look at leveling a Blue Vessel which is middle of the line and see the pains that we go through trying to level entirely off mobs as every other method is currently being decreased in effectiveness. Not sure why we are forcing players to only level using one method. If we can gather and spend time doing it why should we not be able to use those resources to sacrifice them?

Templars need a definite fix ASAP and a definite re-work. Asking them to not use a core staple ability like Divine Light is pretty rough. 

I mean maybe some crafting sacrafice xp needs to be balanced out but you guys crying about leveling taking to long are just asking for to much. Leveling to cap is stupid easy. Hell I can get to 16 out of the starting zone with spending like 1 or 2 hours. and that's not all just killing mobs. Some of it is crafting as well.

1 hour ago, Scorn said:

Crafting 2handed weapons lose out on stats from Hunger shards as compared to Classes that use 2 1handed weapons due to being able to put 2 Hunger shards into 2 weapons.
I would suggest adding another Hunger Shard slot for 2handed weapons to even this out.

No love for clerics and knights? If you're gonna do it for 2handers need to reassess shields as well

1 hour ago, bignick22000 said:

I mean maybe some crafting sacrafice xp needs to be balanced out but you guys crying about leveling taking to long are just asking for to much. Leveling to cap is stupid easy. Hell I can get to 16 out of the starting zone with spending like 1 or 2 hours. and that's not all just killing mobs. Some of it is crafting as well.

An issue is that crafted vessels take 5x+ the time to level up.
And Crowfall is a game that was quite 'anti-levels' for some time.
And having the Talents from Levels is essentially required to function in PvP, especially for certain Classes.

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

No love for clerics and knights? If you're gonna do it for 2handers need to reassess shields as well

Shields are no longer considered Weapons but rather Armor so I'm a little torn when it comes to that.
I would agree that Shields should be looked at, the difference between a low and high end Shield is not very much at all.
The stats provided by Hunger shards do not fit with most provided by Shields.
Quivers too provide no Secondary Stats or Hunger Shard slot.

Nodes in the skills tree that say "Increases Attack Power while wielding a Main Hand Weapon" in the "Weapons" tree (Tier 2) do not appear to be doing anything for Confessor books at least.

I tested in game, I added a point to this node and had the same AP before as after, whereas I should have had 5 more AP. I have not tested this for other nodes that are supposed to increase Crit Chance, Crit Damage, etc while using a "Main Hand Weapon"

Tier 3 Ranged skills have ones specifically for ranged/confessors, it makes sense that the Tier 2 skills should work for all weapons.

Do any skills nodes that say "Main Hand" work for confessors? Is this a bug? 
If this is intended behavior, the tier 2 skill tree "Weapons" is useless for anyone using ranged abilities and is only a point sink to get to the tier 3/4 trees.

Edited by Phr00t

A comment on update timing - it's a bad idea to push out an update on the last day of a campaign. I'm currently watching the slow, slow progress bar of the update hoping that it'll finish in time for me to log in to unlock from the campaign and not lose everything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought I had plenty of time, and due to the update might not.

[Update: definitely losing everything I did this campaign due to the patch release. The update is running at about 20%/30 minutes, so even starting 2 hours prior to campaign end wasn't enough]

Edited by Snorbot
Updated with statistics on patch speed

Bug:

Fixing drops for rank 1 spiders to now drop lower tiered sacrifice items rather than the higher tiered ones.

This has unfortunately extended to spiders outside the initial intro zone and to spiders higher than Rank 1.

4 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

How is it excessively time consuming it takes like a day to get to 30. Any quicker than the current system is just crazy. If any thing it needs to be slowed down.

Leveling a basic vessel is not fun after the first time, leveling an epic vessel without having the resources i had pre wipe is Kurt Cobain levels of a headache this system sucks and need a complete rework 

Ok ACE, how is it that you want us to level?  You provide no useful sacrifice items past lvl 3, and blue and purple vessels were a pain in the ass to level even when we could use soil, architecture frames, etc.

In kickstarter, you promised us we'd start at endgame.  Your bolted on leveling system sucks - having class powers gated behind levels is not what we signed up for.  If I wanted a leveling theme park game, I'd play WoW again... they at least do it well.

Rescued from the update with 20 minutes to spare by a friend with an updated copy of the client on a USB stick. Talk about lucky.

Managed to get exported from the campaign, and logged into my EK to triage my spirit bank. Got booted from my EK after a few minutes, and now cannot launch it.

The changes with leveling has made an evening of playing a chore, rather than an expirement in a specific build.  White items used to be good to level all the way to 30, now it will require combined runes, gold or materials that people really don't want to part with.  Hopefully the fix is way more things that can be sacrificed, and actually being able to level to 30 from anything R5 and above, or PvP or captures; anything other than what we have currently.