Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.2 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 02/05/19

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Staff said:

Leveling a basic vessel is not fun after the first time, leveling an epic vessel without having the resources i had pre wipe is Kurt Cobain levels of a headache this system sucks and need a complete rework 

Eh I don't see the issue with leveling vessels. I think i have 7 or 8 White vessels already leveled for testing purposes. Epic quality though is a royal pita and would assume legendary is even more problematic. They need to make it so we can actually get some xp off the low level mobs and more for each rank like the white vessels currently work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrErad said:

Eh I don't see the issue with leveling vessels. I think i have 7 or 8 White vessels already leveled for testing purposes. Epic quality though is a royal pita and would assume legendary is even more problematic. They need to make it so we can actually get some xp off the low level mobs and more for each rank like the white vessels currently work.

They changed leveling this patch..so get less from sacrifice and apparently cant sacrifice white materials all the way through anymore...so the comments are pointed towards the fact ACE is making it more and more time consuming when this was not what their game promised and it's becoming too much of a chore to do.

People were fine with it when it was attributes, but gating basic skills behind a chore is just turning this into a themepark.

 

Additionally, wasn't block pointed out in snap test? Why would that slip through?

If divine light is causing issues then disable it, telling people to "avoid" using it is just asking for it to be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

How is it excessively time consuming it takes like a day to get to 30. Any quicker than the current system is just crazy. If any thing it needs to be slowed down.

Because players didn't want a levelling system, players wanted a progression system? levelling isn't progression because once your 30 that's it no more progress. They need something like a pvp progression system so when you kill a player you gain points, points = ranks and then you can have leaderboards and such, that could possibly be added with gathering and crafting as well. Check out Dark age of Camelot's realm rank system, something like that would be perfect and its keep players hooked for years trying to keep gaining those ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ussiah said:

No love for clerics and knights? If you're gonna do it for 2handers need to reassess shields as well

clerics and knights have a shields with addition stats as well.

also do you forget about rangers? they have 3 weapons which mean 3 shards....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrErad said:

Eh I don't see the issue with leveling vessels. I think i have 7 or 8 White vessels already leveled for testing purposes. Epic quality though is a royal pita and would assume legendary is even more problematic. They need to make it so we can actually get some xp off the low level mobs and more for each rank like the white vessels currently work.

easy fix:

every item should give XP until 30lvl. but formula should decrease gained XP from item depended on quality of item and level(+quality) of vessel. current system is based on flat lvl steps and items quality. this makes alot of mobs usefull and alot of items usefull as XP gain until lvl30. current system makes alot of items like junk worth nothing but time lost.

same for mobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a while ago, in my EK, there were spots to connect crafting stations in my Villas and Manors.  They are not there now; only in Cottages and the Fort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think statement of leveling and vessels actually is pretty biased since it's kinda "easy" now to make another vessel with a better quality than the basic one with the crafting disciplines and with all the people who are advanced trained into Necromancy.

So yeah to level your blue/epic vessel, that you can easily have now, it's pretty "long", but at start it won't be the first thing you will think about since nobody will have access to advanced necromancy and until it happen, you will have time to stockpile a lot of sacrificing stuff for this vessel of your dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 5.8.2 patch ANY materials or components put into a crafting combine will be completely lost if your client crashes or you get disconnected.    In previous versions you could resume crafting on log in and materials or craft in progress would resume when you addressed the bench.    Now mats get wiped, gone... just being in the crafting mechanism can eat mats.

 

Edited by Frykka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fefner said:

Because players didn't want a levelling system, players wanted a progression system? levelling isn't progression because once your 30 that's it no more progress. They need something like a pvp progression system so when you kill a player you gain points, points = ranks and then you can have leaderboards and such, that could possibly be added with gathering and crafting as well. Check out Dark age of Camelot's realm rank system, something like that would be perfect and its keep players hooked for years trying to keep gaining those ranks.

In fact there is nothing worth sacrificing....   even player regardless of role must camp an AFK vessel at a high level spawn for no practical game play reason....   they have no loot for gankers, just easy kill stats that skew k-d ratios.  Reminds me of SB AFK leveling, a valueless grind that, given few r10 spawns will likely take the same week of AFK parking to use the vessel.   Also only the skinning profession benefits from the double dip of leveling and material gain...  all other harvesting professions do not get to level alts and get piles of leather and gold.    Cannot park my pile of AFK vessels near ore, stone, or wood spawns.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today like usual i connected myself 30 minutes before the keep and .... It's was 1h earlier and nobody from my mates will be able to connect this early.

Can you give us some hint about population ?

It will be frustrating for us, but if it is for a better world it's fine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ZeFx said:

I would recommend ACE take a look at leveling a Blue Vessel which is middle of the line and see the pains that we go through trying to level entirely off mobs as every other method is currently being decreased in effectiveness. Not sure why we are forcing players to only level using one method.

I would add that forcing new players to level up using the same locations and resources that guilds and factions are supposed to have wars over is not going to lead new players to a happy place.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, makkon said:

clerics and knights have a shields with addition stats as well.

also do you forget about rangers? they have 3 weapons which mean 3 shards....

Weapons do not apply their attributes unless they are in the relevant combat tray. 

So 1 in Ranged and 2 in Melee for Ranger though the question remains should Quivers have additional stats beyond Damage?

7 hours ago, Medicaid said:

Blair math.

 

The display will generally round up if you're 1/2way there but the experimentation system does not.
It's likely you're so close a single point of Intelligence or glint of an Amulet would push you over the edge.
I would much prefer the Display be accurate, the Stat sheet Display should always reflect how game systems are going to interpret the stats IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vkromas@thomasblair@jtoddcoleman

Right now leveling has nothing to do with "playing the campaign".

I am fine with you completely nerfing crafting XP if you added in CAPTURE XP.

Make it so you can get XP from 1-10 for taking OUTPOSTS, 1-20 for FORT capture, 1-30 for Successful Siege Defense or Taking of Keep. (No matter the quality of the vessel, the fact it takes more XP is enough)

 

Forcing players to afk farm rank 10 cats is not interesting and actually diverts attention from what should be the point of the campaign.

 

The majority of players are telling you the current leveling is just uninteresting and feels like a chore.

Allow players to get XP from actually playing the game.

Edited by Ussiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Medicaid said:

00121212df.png

 

Blair math.

 

Skills/Attributes grant percents of a point and the details page sometimes rounds, so you're probably somewhere between 11.50 and 11.99.

But yes, this is a prime example of Blair Math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

@vkromas@thomasblair@jtoddcoleman

Right now leveling has nothing to do with "playing the campaign".

I am fine with you completely nerfing crafting XP if you added in CAPTURE XP.

Make it so you can get XP from 1-10 for taking OUTPOSTS, 1-20 for FORT capture, 1-30 for Successful Siege Defense or Taking of Keep. (No matter the quality of the vessel, the fact it takes more XP is enough)

 

Forcing players to afk farm rank 10 cats is not interesting and actually diverts attention from what should be the point of the campaign.

 

The majority of players are telling you the current leveling is just uninteresting and feels like a chore.

Allow players to get XP from actually playing the game.

Also, if you're going to be updating the leveling system, go ahead and implement an "overflow" system, so that we still gain exp from items, objectives, or kills that take us to the next level

(Bonus points if it's robust enough to take you from 1-30 if you somehow, someway gain 17,000 exp at once)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, bignick22000 said:

How is it excessively time consuming it takes like a day to get to 30. Any quicker than the current system is just crazy. If any thing it needs to be slowed down.

 

I'm guessing you just run around in white vessels and gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2019 at 10:50 AM, Scorn said:

An issue is that crafted vessels take 5x+ the time to level up.
And Crowfall is a game that was quite 'anti-levels' for some time.
And having the Talents from Levels is essentially required to function in PvP, especially for certain Classes.

 

 

Shields are no longer considered Weapons but rather Armor so I'm a little torn when it comes to that.
I would agree that Shields should be looked at, the difference between a low and high end Shield is not very much at all.
The stats provided by Hunger shards do not fit with most provided by Shields.
Quivers too provide no Secondary Stats or Hunger Shard slot.

Part in bold

What stats? shield get all the stats of a weapon attack power/penetration which is what the hunger shards give, maybe it should have more armor related stats on there however armor also have penetration stats (Pretty much everyone uses penetration armor which is silly considering most people have 30% armor penetration from armor/weapons i question the point of having armor at all with how prevelant penetration is :(
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...